Who all females carry most their weight in their stomach?

Options

Replies

• PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i would kill to have a bigger stomach. my stomach is one of the thinnest things on my body, but because of this everything else is huge, and i can't wear shorts or tank tops or tight jeans without feeling like everyone is staring at me.

:sick: :huh:
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Me too, its like all my weight is in my stomach, most other places you can almost see my bones, i cant possibly lose anymore weight on those places..... but that dang stomach is still fat as ever, with a roll of fat that hangs there... forever killing me.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 137 lbs. I have a potbelly, though it looks better than it did before. I remember having one even when I was 15 years younger and smaller everywhere. I blame genetics. All we can do is eat well and continue to exercise.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Ok most of my fat is in my belly. I've been lifting weights for almost 2 years. I bench press 135 lbs. I can bicep curl 25-30 lbs. I'm saying this to give an idea of what I can do and it's done NOTHING for my belly fat. It's going take more than just lifting weights. It takes weight training, cardio and healthy eating.

My stats:
    I weight 175. I am 5'5". I wear a size 12 jeans. My waist is 35 inches.

Have you taken a look at your diet?? Great abs come from the kitchen. However, a lot of it does have to do with genetics. I have had a c-section and I know my belly will never be the same but I can finally see my abs.. Everyday my body and abs get better and better.

see where I said eating healthy above? I eat 95% clean and I have for a year now. Weight lifting is not a magical cure to belly fat. And telling someone to lift weights for it it only gives false hope. Eventually it will. But just like everything else, it won't happen overnight. And this is something that I speak from experience.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

Edit: I wrote something mean and thought better of it. I'm sorry.

We realise you are more overweight and unhealthy than we are (we being people in their hundreds, as you put it), but that doesn't stop us from being unhappy and insecure with the rest of you. Being skinny doesn't automatically make you happy and self-confident (of course, it helps, but that's not all there is to it).
    Yah but to be honest i wouldn't be insecure about myself being in the 100's because I honestly have no idea when the last time I was in the 100's. I would be very happy about my weight.. I am finally gonna be hitting the 200's soon and I haven't seen that in 4-6 years..

I've been every size from 0 to 18. You'd be surprised at how you can feel at ANY size.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my stomach .. we will see how I look when I eventually get to goal .. but for me, I would rather a pouch on the belly, than wide hips ( but maybe thats cuz im used to this body
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Short waisted.. tummy weight.. Cut out the Carbs and you will be amazed how your tummy will reduce in size.. It is never to late to start , but it is SOOOO Much easier when you are young. :flowerforyou:
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I carry all my weight in my belly. It is horrible. I've still got a ways to go before my goal weight so I am sure it's going to be even flabbier and floppier when I get there, lol. I agree with the person who said big belly good legs, I am totally one of those people.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've kind of skimmed the thread so please don't shoot me if I am repeating.

if you have belly fat it could VERY WELL be
    too much stress -- produces cortisol
    too many carbs (wheat, grains, not the veggie and fruit carb types)
    not enough sleep -- again with the hormones (cortisol)

you can lift or do body weight exercises, etc., but you really really really have to have a look at what you are eating (and how much you are sleeping) and make hard changes if necessary if you really want a flat stomach.

Or don't and just have a little pot belly. nothing wrong with a little pot. :)
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    Options

you can lift or do body weight exercises, etc., but you really really really have to have a look at what you are eating (and how much you are sleeping) and make hard changes if necessary if you really want a flat stomach.

those are my 2. I stress because I can't lose weight and stress keeps my from sleeping. It's an endless cycle I need to break.
  • smkcx
    smkcx Posts: 69
    Options
    Short waisted.. tummy weight.. Cut out the Carbs and you will be amazed how your tummy will reduce in size.. It is never to late to start , but it is SOOOO Much easier when you are young. :flowerforyou:

I've heard this before.

My mother (128lbs 5'6) is skinny everywhere but her stomach area ~ its a tiny bit 'poochy' ~ her doctor told her to cut back on carbs that she would see a big different in her stomach area. (she eats alot of carbs, as do I)
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I've cut down on my gluten intake per doctors orders due to rash, blotting and constipation. I'm really happy to say my tummy has gone down. :)
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Get hormone levels checked. That is a sign of excessive testosterone levels. There are a lot of things that can contribute to hormone imbalance.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am happy with my net loss so far but, my stomach pooch is where my last 9 lbs reside before I realize my goal weight.
  • smkcx
    smkcx Posts: 69
    Options

those are my 2. I stress because I can't lose weight and stress keeps my from sleeping. It's an endless cycle I need to break.

^ same boat as you, i stress b/c of my weight, then I would stay up all night and sleep all day. although for the past two months ive been going to bed at 10pm and getting up at 8am (as before, I would sleep until 5pm and not go to bed until 7am or later.)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    1. Do intervals (lots of evidence this helps you lose more belly fat)
    2. Fast walking (search prevention on this one, there is a fairly recent article on this
    3. concentrate on keeping your core engaged and your stomach sucked in. When ever possible, it helps
    4. Watch your posture, sit up straight and your belly looks trimmer.
    5. Multi-muscle core workouts: I have been doing so many plank variations.....
    6. Strength training (don't forget to keep your core engaged)

I have a ways to go, but I have noticed improvements in my belly. I have always carried a lot in my lower belly -- since I was around 7, but it is shrinking! ~4 inches from my natural waist, another 3-4 from my belly button area, and another 5-6 from my lower belly. Happily it is going down, and I hope my lower belly continues on the accelerated pace. ;)
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Get hormone levels checked. That is a sign of excessive testosterone levels. There are a lot of things that can contribute to hormone imbalance.

Yes to this! I have had a high testosterone level since puberty. Doesn't hurt to get it checked.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights girl... You'd be surprised at what it can do for your body. :)

In about a month, when I finish Turbo FIre, I'm goin to do Chalean Extreme. I hope that helps me.

Chalean Extreme did it for me, and I carry all my weight in my tummy.
    I am beyond happy to hear to tht!
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 141.8lbs and still have a 38 inch waist. it's freaking ridiculous. Granted, I have had a baby, but I was 150 BEFORE I got pregnant; when i started MFP in March 2012, I was 151 and still looked 6mos preggers. Now, 10 lbs later, I still look 4 months pregnant...before/after shots make it look like I've lost most of the weight from my back (definitely less back fat) and I know I've lost 3" from under my boobs...but I've only lost ONE inch off of my tummy. Lots of ppl at my height/weight have way flatter bellies than me!! Sigh. It just means we have to work that much harder. I run, do vinyasa yoga and do JM 30DS...in a few weeks I may start P90x/Insanity (after 30DS is over). I think the important thing to focus on (since it's a longer road to the ideal body shape) is how you FEEL on your health journey. I feel enormously better since losing 10lbs/changing my lifestyle...way more energy, happier, just all around healthier. I still have 20lbs to go to my goal weight, and 6 more inches off my waist to me ideal size (half my inches in height, 32"). So I'll continue the journey-- as that's what being healthy is, a JOURNEY, not a destination.

Best of luck and feel free to add me if you want :-)

My waist is like 29.5in. My belly is 38in. Thts a HUGE gap. I feel like I look pregnant as well & I've never had a kid. But I reckon we just keep on trucking. It's just hard to see ppl who weigh mote & have smaller tummies. Doesnt really feel fair, but I guess thts just the way we re made
  • shorty35565
    Options
    im on p90x right now how do u like turbo fire? i did turbo jam n it helped me lose 30 lbs i started p90x a week ago cuz my hubby had it already n im always hearing abot it but i love chaalean!!
    Love chalene, love turbofire! I did turbo jam too & lost 43lbs. Doin jam def makes fire easier as far ad bein able to keep up. But if u don't eat enough doin fire, which has been my prob, u will have trouble losing.