Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today I exercised 85 minutes (25 on the treadmill in the morning and 60 minutes in a hockey game) for 927 calories burned. I drank a lot of water, definitely over 100oz. I ate below my total cals, but had a lot of extra to consume due to the exercise but I just could not eat any more. I know there will be days where I am close, or over, so I'll bank on that for later!

Off to bed. :)

MarieB
  • bleistiftspitzer
    bleistiftspitzer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want in this too!

CW:163
    GW:143

I'll try for an even 20lbs. Three months, I know I can do it.
  • Jonealex63
    Jonealex63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This sounds like so much fun! I would like to lose 30lbs by 3/28 and hope this will help me stay on track.
  • sullabye
    sullabye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm hoping to reach my target weight at that time, which is 12 lbs. away.

7312069.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Cocoanutty1
    Options
    Hi there,
    Today is day 1 on here for me, and I would like to try this out.

Thanks for organizing!
  • elliottjane
    elliottjane Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kateblue72
    kateblue72 Posts: 113
    Options
    Please count me in ... my weigh in day is actually tomorrow ... so I will post then. I am finishing off a May Challenge, and it worked great! Losing 15 pounds will put me so much closer to goal .... and probably fairly practical, given the fact it is summer, and vacations, the odd beverage etc .... need to stay on track. Thanks for start up!:flowerforyou:
  • ellemac7
    ellemac7 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 140
    GW: 125
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    At this point I think it's better to make a group, this thread is already 11pgs and the challenge hasn't even started I feel like I'm going to miss an important announcement, I don't really have time to scroll through all 11 pages :(
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join if it's not too late! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by August 28th!

SW: 120
    GW: 110

Good luck everyone! I'm super excited to be in this challenge! =)
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm updating my weight!

CW: 170
    GW: 154

I've been drinking 8 cups of water instead of 6, and I'm doing yoga before I go to bed (never done that before)
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I want to join the Summer Challenge!

CW: 149
    GW: 130

Meeting your challenges:
    1. drinking 2 glasses of water RIGHT NOW (at 4 in the mornin')
    2. my new exercise this week is to do pushups 3 days (W, Th, F)
    3. staying under calorie goals every day
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    Power outage since yesterday afternoon. Blah! Again, sending out a question about posting for this. Do we just add to this posting or is there somewhere we have to add our weigh-ins and challenges met? New to all this so any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Denise
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    As I was reading through some of the messages to see if anyone answered my question yesterday about where to enter our info, I read that we had to post our wiegh-in on here yesterday. I can't get online at work and there was a massive power outage in the afternoon. Not sure if I was added to the spreadsheet. You had mentioned you couldn't add more people after a certain point and it wasn't clear as to how you wanted info added. I see several different methods on here. Could you let me know if I was added? I just figured out how to update my ticker. I didn't realize it wasn't automatically updated after I added my daily weigh-in. Too much to learn about this site. :smile:

Denise
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hopped on the treadmill for a quick 30 minutes. I own a business and 2 of my employees and I are on this journey together so we work out after work (we have a 'health center') and it is a HUGE help to have them holding me accountable! My friends through hockey are also on this site but they have mostly fallen off here. Maybe they will return when hockey season starts again, but they are all very close to goal, unlike me who is 45 lbs away!

Sorry if I ramble here, but it's nice to connect with people.

MarieB

85 min/927 cals treadmill and hockey
    30 min/329 cals treadmill (scheduled for after work kickboxing too!)
  • deamnimor
    deamnimor Posts: 1
    Options
    Sorry about being a day late to the challenge! Here goes, my current weight is 295lbs and my starting weight was 424. So I am on the way there. My long term goal is 200 but right now aiming for 250. My husband and I have been hitting the gym, doing a modified crossfit and surprisingly I am loving it!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I managed my 2 extra glasses of water yesterday (12 in total) and stayed under calories - great start Emma!! But I need some ideas for NEW exercises - what are you guys all planning? I'm thinking planks could be a good one to try, I've avoided them until now as my core muscles are dismal!!

Thank you for doing this challenge - I think it's really going to help me (not that I'm competitive....honest!!) xxx
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Getting my 2 extra glasses of water in this morning

Going to add Side Leg Lifts as a new exercise this week

And for the next 5 days, I will stay under my calorie goal
  • timminr
    timminr Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd like to join! I've never done a challenge before but I'm sure it will be a great way to get the last few pounds off to reach my goal.

CW: 137
    GW: 125

12 pounds to go! Good luck everyone!
  • Gianna5587
    Gianna5587 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just to update...

Having no problems drinking an extra couple of glasses of water every day (we're having a heat wave in the UK right now so it's really important to do so anyway!)

My new exercise is a bit of a cheat.. But I bought a pedometer yesterday so am aiming to take 10,000 steps each day at least.

And I've stayed under my calorie goal 2 days out of 5 so far!

Looking good! Brilliant idea, whoever it was that suggested writing the challenges down on post its as a gentle reminder.. Thanks!