Summer Challenge

Replies

• I am in...glad to be part of the group. My goal is to be 140lbs by the end of August. My current weight is 151.8. It is so good to have the support.
  • tynybury
    tynybury Posts: 7
    My current weight is 138 and my goal is 128. I am way too excited to be my pre-baby weight and wear all my old clothes!
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Is it possible to lose 2 inches off your waist in 8 weeks?
  • LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    I am a day late but would love to join!

Current weight: 141 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs

I LOVE water so I'll gladly add in an extra two glasses a day.
    Exercise I'd like to do this week is the plyo DVD from p90x!
    I have been under my calorie goal everyday since I've started MFP!

Tip for people who don't care for water that much... Try making tea! Yum :)

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see all our progress.
  • I'm in. I have a goal to be able to run 5 miles by August 31. So Im close to your timeframe. I'm currently run/walking 4 miles so I'm hopeful that i will meet this goal! :-)
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    CW 169.4
    GW 155

STAY UNDER 1200 CALORIES
    DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    WALK 10,000 STEPS
    DO THESE EVERYDAY
    DAY 2 WAS UNDER CALORIES,
    HAD 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    DID WALK AT HOME WITH LESLIE SANSONE 2 MILES
    ONLY WALKED 7,773 STEPS TODAY 5/30
  • I know I am a little late but I want in too.. 20 lbs by August 1st! :smile:
    CW 163
    GW 140-145
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    I am late, but I am in.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Count me in! I have been losing somewhere around 1-2 lbs a week and am in a biggest loser contest that ends on July 7. I will need some extra motivation to keep going after that date!

current weight 194.7
    goal weight 150-160
    goal for challenge 15 lbs by 8-29
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    forgot to post yesterday
    CW 154
    GW 125
    shooting for 15lbs by 8/28
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Managed to stay under my calories even though we went out shopping during meal time and had to eat out. Yay!!!:smile:
  • Forgot to state my starting weight: 183. First Goal: 170. Thx!!!!!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    irebel: I have no idea about that! I'm sure it depends on what you're doing to lose weight/exercise

Also, for people who want to participate, only people who have provided a start weight have been added to the sheet. Anyone can post, obviously, but I'm only tracking people who are posting their weights.
  • Cool, I'll just assume that I'm in.

Taught Karate tonight for 4 hours. Only about 1.5 hours of it was exercising for myself though. Plus, my birthday is tomorrow and my students surprised me with cake, which I happily obliged them by wolfing down. I'll call tonight a wash.

Tomorrow will be a good day. 30 minutes of calisthenics and 1 hour of Kickboxing drills to teach, followed by an additional hour of Kickboxing sparring. Nothing burns calories like getting kicked in the head. :D

Good luck to everyone else doing the challenge!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Cool, I'll just assume that I'm in.

You are :)
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope you all are having a great week so far!

Challenges for this week:
    Water: I usually don't drink water so I took on the challenge and drank 32 oz today! I never drink this much and boy did I have to use the bathroom a lot! LOL
    New exercise: I started a new workout program called Insanity on 5/28/12!
    Calories: I'm under calories today! That's 2/7 for me this week!

weight.png
  • vijisrik
    vijisrik Posts: 11
    changed my diet pattern. Having fruits for breakfast and snacks.. lost 1.5 kgs in a week now... with moderate exercises
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Drank my extra water yesterday but thats about it :frown:

I was "bullied" into going out for dinner and cinema so went over my cals and didnt have time to exercise. Never mind right back on track today. only a few hundred over so I can make that up over the next day or 2 :ohwell:

Decided my new exercise will be the 30DS and will be keeping it up until the end! (will be taking rest days probably once a week)

Hope you're all well today :flowerforyou:
  • Gianna5587
    Gianna5587 Posts: 59 Member
    I was persuaded to go out for dinner and then the cinema too! I had a cocktail, burger and fries, the works.. But I don't feel so bad about it as this week's challenge is to stay under calorie allowance 5 out of 7 days.. So I'm still on track!
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Ugh! I went over by 80 calories by the end of Wednesday. I did get in all my water plus some. That helps. I only did the 30 minutes of Wii Just Dance which was new for me. Today will be better for keeping my calories under - on the run all day. Have to keep mindful once I do get home tonight though. That's the worst part of the day for me when it comes to eating.

Everyone have a great day!

Denise