Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• pricanprincess
    Options
    count me in I just joined MFP a few days ago I want to lose a total of 80 so any help will do me just fine
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am in. My start weight is 171 and goal weigh is 120. As of two weeks ago, I was 159 lbs. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow. By Aug 28th, I want to be 140 lbs.
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 153 gained 3 pounds :( but i would love to be 140 (GW) i am ready to get back on track :happy:
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CW 169.4
    GW 155

STAY UNDER 1200 CALORIES
    DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    WALK 10,000 STEPS
    DO THESE EVERYDAY
    DAY 2 WAS UNDER CALORIES,
    HAD 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    DID WALK AT HOME WITH LESLIE SANSONE 2 MILES
    ONLY WALKED 7,773 STEPS TODAY 5/30

Day 3 UNDER CALORIES
    DRANK 10 GLASSES OF WATER
    3 MILE DVD LESLIE SANSONE
    8,433 STEPS TODAY 5/31
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge - defining my own terms works for me. I am averaging 5 lbs per month now so I'd like to keep that up and not get derailed by summer bbqs & beer :) I live in Canada and we relish the summer with much libations here ...

I will go with 15 lbs (but forgive myself for 12) by End of August.

I am already being challenged to keep my water intake up with a busier summer life, so water up and beer down :)

Current weight 190 - shooting for 175 by Sept 1 (total gw is 160)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    ok, i'm in....what do i have to lose? lol. Ok, current weight: 199, gw: 150. Not really sure what to aim for, other then by my birthday (8/15) i would like to lose enough to where I can get smaller clothes for college.

This week, I am eating healthier (aka making my own meals) and decided to take advantage of the gym that my college offers.
  • jillmarie48
    jillmarie48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cw-200
    GW-140
    In june, I would like to lose 20 pounds, july 20 and August 20.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    chichi128: You don't have to check in everyday, but it's great to! The new challenges will be posted every Monday night.

kath711: Have you tried Crystal Light or something similar? You can get some flavor to your water without it being soda :)

renaegry: That's awesome! Good job on that challenge!

Newbies have been added to the spreadsheet which will go up next week.

As for me... I stayed under my calories and I drank a lot of water, but I forgot to be good about tracking it. I did not have time to exercise and am very tired at 10PM. I think I'm going to bed.
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Thanks inskydiamonds for doing this! I can't wait till Tuesday to update my weight! I weighed myself this morning and I lost 1 lb! Was very happy but we'll see what happens come Tuesday. For now, I'm enjoying my 1 lb lost! hehe

As for the challenges:
    Water: I drank 32 oz of water today!
    New exercise: Went to the gym with a friend and took an abs class!
    Calories: I'm under calories today! That's 3/7 for me this week!
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    So I've been under my calories 5/29, 5/30, 5/31 and the week is still going strong! I did new exercises yesterday Incline bench press – 3 sets of 10 reps at 25 lbs, Leg press – 5 sets of 10 reps at 70 lbs, abdominal crunch machine – 3 sets of 10 at 30 lbs. And 5/29 I drank 11 cups of water when I usually drink 8 and 5/31 I drank 15 (for part of another challenge). I weighed myself this morning because I just couldnt wait! I lost another 1.4 pounds!! I now weigh 168.6 down from my last weigh in at 170! I will weight in again on Tuesday, but I had to share!! I am loving this challenge!!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    5/29 I mowed the back and front lawn, pulled weeds in my flower beds,
    Drank 120 oz. of water
    Was under my calories
    5/30 I did 10 minutes on my Elliptical,
    Was under my calories
    5/31 Work early 6-3
    Was under my calories
    6/01
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a friends bday party tonight so I'm eating super healthy and light (lots of veggies) so that my evening numbers are not terrible. Also, exercise is a must. I did not do it this morning... actually I still have time for a quick 30 min. I'll check in later to let you know.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Since joining the group work has kept me swamped. Even though I haven't posted, I have stayed under my calories but doing a lot better at eating my workout as well as staying below sodium. And my new exercise for the week was the stair climber. (I'm recovering from a Achilles Tendon repair and have to relearn all of my cardio activities including running.) For some reason, I've notice that my water consumption has been a little lower than normal but I have only been drinking tea and water so I think that is still okay.

I weighed in this morning and I'm at 168! Finally got rid of the extra weight I gained from eating too little. :grumble: Not intentionally, just wasn't hungry
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!

So yesterday was a great day, drank loads of water (I dont track it but thinking I might start to), I went to a new class at my local gym - Body Combat, it was great fun!! Think I'll be going again regularly! and I was below my calories!!

Loving this challenge! The next 4 days could be tricky as it's a bank holiday weekend in the UK and not just a regular bank holiday as we have Monday AND Tuesday off work and plenty of parties to attend! Going to try and stay under calories as I've already been over 1 day this week. If I go over any day it will probably be Saturday. Weighed this morning and I'm down again so it's all looking good, need to keep it that way before Tuesday weigh in!

Hope you're all well! xxx
  • Ceeceebigs
    Ceeceebigs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just checking in! hope everyone is staying motivated!

I have been drinking my water and added squats this week!

dropped one pound so far!

really loving this challenge.......thank you thank you thank you!
  • Ceeceebigs
    Ceeceebigs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    be strong....tired days are tough!
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    I've never been a part of a challenge before. This is great! I am losing weight for for my wedding in November, but more importantly, I am losing weight for myself! :)

5/29 Update:
    Water - No
    Exercise - Yes (I added pushups to my routine)
    Calories - Under

So far, so good!

5/30 Update:
    Water - Yes! Drank 6 cups instead of 4
    Calories - Under by 46
    5/31 Update:
    Water - Yes! Drank 6 cups instead of 4
    Calories - Under my calories; That's 3/7
  • nikkimcfadden
    nikkimcfadden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Mor'ning. I recently started using MFP a few weeks ago and really love it. I gained 25 lbs in the last couple of years and at 5'0, it's not a good look. I currently weigh 152.6 and my goal is to lose 20 more pounds by the end of the challenge. I'm finding for me that exercise is key since I'm only allowed 1200 calories a day. With that in mind, I'm challenging myself to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Wish me luck, and good luck to every one else participating in this challenge. :flowerforyou:
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was easier than day 2! Today I plan to add a new exercise...This week I have just been doing the elliptical and some circuit training. I have been drinking around 9-12 cups of water, which is more than half as much as I was drinking before! Feeling great! Loving this challenge!
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a friends bday party tonight so I'm eating super healthy and light (lots of veggies) so that my evening numbers are not terrible. Also, exercise is a must. I did not do it this morning... actually I still have time for a quick 30 min. I'll check in later to let you know.

So instead of just saying 'I did not do it this morning' instead I jumped on the treadmill and did 35 minutes for 344 cals. Yay me and thank you challenge!

MarieB