Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Noticed that some ppl have reset their tickers to 0 for this challenge. I can not go without seeing my 7lbs lost on my ticker.lol. Its my motivation. So by the end of this challenge with my goal being 15lbs by the end of August, my ticker should read 22lbs lost (or even more than that, hopefully). Good luck everyone!!!
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    New exercises anyone? I'm always look ing for more variety. Currently I regularly play hockey, kickbox, treadmill and lift weights. To that I will add elliptical (HATE IT!!!) stationary bike (HATE IT!!!) and a rowing machine. I also do many squats throughout the day... when I'm washing my hands, waiting for the microwave etc. I tried yoga and I can sincerely say that it is not for me. I tend to need action/movement to keep my attention. So what other suggestions for activity is everybody out there doing? I need to mix it up!

MarieB

One thing I do to break a sweat is dance, particularly I'll turn on Just Dance for Wii and do it for a half hour to an hour.

I think I might do yoga for this week though unless I can think of something better.

OOOHHH I forgot that I bought the Ultimate Fighter (or some MMA type game) that has exercises on it for the Wii. I also play Wipeout with my daughter. It's the most ridiculous game but such a hoot to play!

Marie
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be included as well. Last summer I lost 20lbs with MFP. Then I went on vacation at the end of August and haven't been able to get back into the swing of things since then. I gained back 10lbs. So now I want to start it again. My goal by the end of August is to lose15 pounds. Since this is my first week on MFP again, my goal this week is to jsut log on every day to stay committed.

CW: 212.2
    GW: 197
  • branohockey
    Options
    I did the treadmill again this morning. It's nice to squeeze in 30 minutes as a backup. I do have tonight scheduled for exercise, but with 4 kids, a hubby, a business.... sometimes nighttime gets away from me!

Today I get to be the chaperone on my daughter's field trip. I had a tiny health scare a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me that work will alwyas be there waiting for me. My kids are growing too fast. My oldest just turned 18 and will go on to college in the fall. HUH? How did that happen? I seriously feel like I"m still only 25 years old. I was blessed to be able to stay home with them before they went off to school, but with the bad economy it's been up to me to do many jobs at work and that means many, many hours at work. We survived the worst of it and now I am almost to the point where we can hire more help again. But my family time is the most important thing in the world and it goes too fast.

Wow, sorry to get so crazy on that topic. Guess I'm feeling a bit weepy about it this morning! Ahhhh life changes - my kids growing older I can NOT control but my healthy lifestyle I CAN! :happy:

MarieB
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 1 finished strong!

Drank 2 34 oz bottles of water
    Extra exercise=taking stairs whenever i find them
    was under my calorie goal of the day!

Are we supposed to check in every day on this to share how we did each day or just once a week?? also i'm sure this was already asked (sorry if it was) what day does the new challenge come out?
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    I've never been a part of a challenge before. This is great! I am losing weight for for my wedding in November, but more importantly, I am losing weight for myself! :)

5/29 Update:
    Water - No
    Exercise - Yes (I added pushups to my routine)
    Calories - Under

So far, so good!

5/30 Update:
    Water - Yes! Drank 6 cups instead of 4
    Exercise - Yes (I added pushups to my routine)
    Calories - Under by 46
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

Water-Did not get my water in yesterday, I thought I would but when I went to bed I was still 2 short.
    New- My new exercise is swimmimg
    Under Cal- Over again yesterday so thats 0/7 for me. Got to be under the next 5 days.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    SW: 131
    GW: 123

Water-not so good with water challenges as I hate drinking it plain but have switched some of my diet soda to propel zero and like it so that is a change for the better

Exercise-push up challenge this week, 10 push ups a day

Cal-better than over the weekend, finally logging again consistently, every time I don't log, I gain weight.

Good luck all!
  • kateva143
    kateva143 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Managed to increase my water, try a new exercise and stay under calories yesterday. Today will be the same, tried couch to 5k this morning... not my favorite, I'm not much of a jogger/runner, but I completed it and will probably do it again until my arm heals enough to go back to my regular routines
  • steph_stein
    steph_stein Posts: 11
    Options
    I think I posted my weight, but not sure, so just in case: Starting 154 Goal is 140
  • EmilioA
    EmilioA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge, if it's not too late! My 27th birthday is August 29th and my goal is to lose 15lbs by then, so this challenge fits perfect.

Current Weight: 164
    Goal Weight: 150
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have hit a bit of a plateau lately so I need another kickstart or challenge this is perfect, I have a wedding on September 1st as a goal. I am going to weigh in on fridays, I hope to lose 20 pounds in this time frame.
    CW-180
    GW-160
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Just completed my new workout for the week - Bob Harper's Fat Blasting workout from Fitness magazine. Burned 127 cals. Have been drinking lots of water and have been under cals everyday so far - my over days are Fri and Sat, we always have friends over for drinks. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind if I join a little late. My weight hasn't budged in the last couple of weeks so I'd really like to set a goal in mind and go for it. My birthday is on Aug 30th so my goal is to loose 25lbs by the 28th. That's less than 2lbs a week and I don't want to aim too high.

SW: 180
    GW by Aug 28th: 155 or less :smile:
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm tired today which is making me crave comfort foods. It is difficult to stay out of them. So far, so good though. :smile:
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Update:

I am drinking tons of water (about 12 glasses a day)

I'm thinking I'm going to try jogging for my new exercise. I'm going to see how long I can go without stopping (shooting for at least 5 minutes). Finally going to get my butt back in the gym!

I haven't been over calories yet :happy:
  • Jonealex63
    Jonealex63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had posted earlier but hadn't noted my start weight. I'm at 166lbs and would like to be 136lbs by the 8/30! Can't wait!
  • evalba
    evalba Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but I would love to be in this challenge..
    Starting Weight 248
    Goal weight by August 28th - 218

Total weight loss goal- 30lbs.. :O
  • branohockey
    Options
    Suddenly, change in plans and we are going out to dinner. I will be over in cals, but I've been under by several hundred each day due to high cal burns. I will make wiser choices than in the past to not go over by too much. Fortunately I already exercisesd this morning. :)

MarieB
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Details:

Starting weight - 168lbs
    Goal weight by 30/8/12 - 150

Weight loss goal - 18lbs

Would be amazing to lose more, but don't want to lose weight too fast. Also going away this weekend so don't know how 'good' I'll be in terms of eating and logging my food etc.