Black Team Week 11

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Afternoon my teamers! I'll tag back in later tyo read up. Just wanted to know the 5k was a blast and that I set a new personal record. Havent gotten and official time yet. I'll let you know once results get posted. Anyhoo, gotta get back with the family. I dont get down here too often. Have a great afternoon all!
    :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Afternoon my teamers! I'll tag back in later tyo read up. Just wanted to know the 5k was a blast and that I set a new personal record. Havent gotten and official time yet. I'll let you know once results get posted. Anyhoo, gotta get back with the family. I dont get down here too often. Have a great afternoon all!

MMMMMUUUAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!:smooched:

Great job, Batman-- !!

Have a great day with your family--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

That is fantastic!!

000202D1.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Yes I have learned that having small get togethers with as few as possible for birthdays are the best! We had a great time with no hassle except for my daughter getting a little tired and worn out and we had bought a small cake just for us and that way we don't have a lot to eat or a lot of people to feed or whatever. I actually think birthday parties are sooooo overrated!! Too much of a dang hassle! Just go with it and don't worry about it all!

Hope you are all doing good. I'm in the middle of cleaning but wanted to stop in and say hey so HEY!!! Have a great Saturday!!

My friend has had the best Bday parties. Invites for camping, skating, riding a bike a the park (she found one that rented bikes!!) canoeing..........all active stuff.

• arewethereyet
    Options
    I think the more I know, the harder this gets. It is frustrating to know that if you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight.

Then you eat fewer calorie than you burn and your remain the same.

I am not asking for much, just a size loose 6 please.

Just 6-8 more pounds.

But the frustration is unnerving to say the least.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is that others that are working just as hard as me are in the same boat. Misery loves company, but it shows me I am not fooling myself.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Just popping in the throw our the official result.

Placed 117 out of 277.
    Official Time was 24:41 which is only 23 seconds better than the last one. But the best news is I ran a 7:57 second mile. Broke the 8 min mile mark. woohoo. Ok back to the family! miss you guys!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Placed 117 out of 277.
    Official Time was 24:41 which is only 23 seconds better than the last one. But the best news is I ran a 7:57 second mile. Broke the 8 min mile mark. woohoo. Ok back to the family! miss you guys!

:drinker: WTG, Andrew! You are blazin' fast!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae!!!! That is all!!

Jeannie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Team...looks like it was busy around here today. I just got home from a long and emotionally tiring day. Had to go back to my hometown for my friend's grandmother's funeral. It was definitely tough, because I've known her and her family since I was 6...but I'm glad I was able to be there for her when she needed it. Spent the rest of the day visiting my granny, aunt and 2 second cousins and hung out with my mom before making the long journey back down here. Soooo tired, but enjoying a house to myself as BF is at his best friend's bachelor party. Fun times.

Hope you all had a good day!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Placed 117 out of 277.

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Andrew- you speed demon you! Way to go!

Jeannie- if you weren't quite so far away, I'd meet you for drinks and we could compare notes and drown our sorrows over some drinks. I am SO there with you on all this calorie crap. Heck, the week I ate great and exercised my *kitten* off I gained a pound. I got stories to share. Frustrating is putting it mildly.

When I first started this I went like 4 months eating only 1200 calories and walking. That's it. So simple. I never posted a gain, never stayed the same, had great numbers all the time. Then kaboom! Plateau city here I came. Now I'm in see saw land- up, down, up, down, up, down.

The funny thing is I remember reading everybody complaining about the 'last 10' and thought that won't happen to me. HA!

I'm going to try my new thing for a month, if it doens't work, I'll try something else and after that, something else. I will figure it out someway, somehow. I'm not sure I always give my new plans enough time, so I'm giving it unti September.

Stupid body anyway, why can't it just cooperate?

I will say it's awesome to have a team that gets it, many of you have been at this for a while and know the trials and tribulations! Yippee for a team!

The few of you that met goal- any secrets to share?
  • 72lori
    Options
    Ooops. Positive for the day. Went shopping with hubs, it was fun. More than once had stuff in my hand I wanted to buy but resisted. Kept it reasonable. (I figure I can either shop/spend less or get a job..... you following my game plan here? )
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Feeling totally invisible....didn't think I had lost that much weight.

I see you--

:heart: :heart: Hi Bobbi!!!!!!!

Marla, Thank goodness, I was being to wonder.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Hi Bobbi! :flowerforyou: I've got to admit, my memory stinks, so I usually comment on the last few posts I read, or the ones that show up under the reply box. :laugh:

I am on a mission. My workout clothes stink! I sweat so bad when I go to the gym and no matter how I wash the clothes they stink as soon as they get soaked in sweat again. I had tried Borax, I have tried soaking them overnight in Febreeze laundry odor eliminator. I think vinegar is my next step- I also read baking soda.

I REALLY don't want to invest in new workout stuff cause I stink! I have to wear 2 sports bras at a time, I would need at least 4, they are $20 each. Plus my tanks... plus I already need new sneaks.... see where this is going?

Anyway, positive is that I already went to the gym, did my thing (even though I stink!) :happy:

Lori, definitely try baking soda. It has worked for me.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    oh yeah, duh. Positive for the day was setting a new personal best at my 5k. lol

Night black team!:drinker:
  • jimswmn
    Options

Andrew.....47b20s0.gifcongratualtions.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey Bobbi--

I'm sorry-- I didn't mean to sound flip when you were saying you felt invisible. I wasn't getting it-- we've all been a little "off" lately. I think life is kicking all of our butts, and we're all trying to keep afloat.

Personally, I've had to cut down my time here-- my kids need their mama, and I use my fun here as my escape from dealing with the chaos that is my life, to their detriment.

We're all still here for you-- we're popping in and out. You're not invisible-- we :heart: you!

Just got my butt kicked by a 50 minute taebo-- it was supposed to be 40 minutes, but the flippin' DVD froze after 10 minutes, and I had to restart it-- :grumble:

Go figure-- the old broad can actually sweat after all-- :huh: who knew?

good night beloved team-- :yawn:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    We love ya bobbi!
    Awesome work on the tae bo marla. Billy blanks is the devil. Lol
  • 72lori
    Options
    Morning black team. I have nothing on my plate to do today, can't sit in my chair babysitting my laptop, I"ll go nuts. Need to find something to keep me busy. Wish me luck!

Have a positively great day!
  • 72lori
    Options
    No sooner did I log on here to wish everyone a positive great day and I headed off to get dressed- which means step on the scale.

Whhhoooossshhhh..... wind outta my sails. All things positive down the toilet. :angry:

We went and ate at a Chinese buffet yesterday. We did it midafternoon, it was lunch and dinner. It was bad, I shouldn't have, but I did. I'm an idiot. I work hard all week and then manage to blow it doing something STUPID.

The scale paid me back- 2.5 pounds worth this AM. Hubs is also watching and got on the scale and is the same as he was yesterday morning and he ate more than I did. The scale is cruel and that was like rubbing salt in my wounds.

Then poor DH knew I was upset and tried to make it better. It can't be made better. He was trying to be nicey nice, hugging on me, groping at me, grinding behind me. I wanted to clobber him. THAT does not make it better. I'm sure in a male mind, he was saying I still looked good to him and he still found me desirable.... In a female mind he was touching all over my fat and making things jiggle!

I hate that I let the scale do these things to me. I hate that I allow it to control me. I hate that I know it's stupid yet fall victim more ofthen than not. :grumble:
    th_bathroom-scales-make-you-cry.jpg

Ahhhh..... Jeannie, I REALLy need some sunshine and kittens- got any to spare?

I will work through this and be back with something- anything positive later today. I promise! :embarassed:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    ^^^ All of this is why I haven't been posting in here. *BIGHUGS*

I need to edit this to say, b/c that's how I'VE been feeling! Not b/c you vented about it. That sounded *****y. :embarassed: