Black Team Week 11

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    No sooner did I log on here to wish everyone a positive great day and I headed off to get dressed- which means step on the scale.

Whhhoooossshhhh..... wind outta my sails. All things positive down the toilet. :angry:

We went and ate at a Chinese buffet yesterday. We did it midafternoon, it was lunch and dinner. It was bad, I shouldn't have, but I did. I'm an idiot. I work hard all week and then manage to blow it doing something STUPID.

The scale paid me back- 2.5 pounds worth this AM. Hubs is also watching and got on the scale and is the same as he was yesterday morning and he ate more than I did. The scale is cruel and that was like rubbing salt in my wounds.

Then poor DH knew I was upset and tried to make it better. It can't be made better. He was trying to be nicey nice, hugging on me, groping at me, grinding behind me. I wanted to clobber him. THAT does not make it better. I'm sure in a male mind, he was saying I still looked good to him and he still found me desirable.... In a female mind he was touching all over my fat and making things jiggle!

I hate that I let the scale do these things to me. I hate that I allow it to control me. I hate that I know it's stupid yet fall victim more ofthen than not. :grumble:
    th_bathroom-scales-make-you-cry.jpg

Ahhhh..... Jeannie, I REALLy need some sunshine and kittens- got any to spare?

I will work through this and be back with something- anything positive later today. I promise! :embarassed:
    00020182.gif
    000203C0.gif

All I can say is throw the b*tch out:angry: ................the scale, not the DH!!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ^^^ All of this is why I haven't been posting in here. *BIGHUGS*

I need to edit this to say, b/c that's how I'VE been feeling! Not b/c you vented about it. That sounded *****y. :embarassed:

0002034E.gif

and for the dang scale 000203DB.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Afternoon my teamers! I'll tag back in later tyo read up. Just wanted to know the 5k was a blast and that I set a new personal record. Havent gotten and official time yet. I'll let you know once results get posted. Anyhoo, gotta get back with the family. I dont get down here too often. Have a great afternoon all!
    :drinker:

Awesome job Andrew!! 00020378.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori-- sodium is a killer-- Chinese food is loaded with it.

I bought deli ham yesterday to make sandwiches for our picnic-- didn't overeat at all, well within calories and a 50 minute butt whupping from Billy Blanks to boot, and I look like the Michelin Man today from the sodium in the meat. Whaddyagonnado?

So stay on target, woman-- don't let this throw you for a loop.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Sara- I didn't take what you said wrong, I get it.

Jeannie- thanks for the sunshine and kittens!

Marla- I KNOW it's probably the sodium, I KNOW the numbers on the scale will change yet again and again before weigh in. It's the stupidness of all of it that really gets me down. Knowing stuff and having it translate to the dark, *kitten* sucks areas of the brain are two different things.

I'm still on target, I'm still gonna do it. It's the being so close for sooooo long that is the kick in the pants. I work hard, I watch what I eat, I burn thousands of calories in the gym, I spend hours there- sometimes I get mad, then I adopt the attitude if I want to eat *insert *kitten* food* by golly I deserve it. Then the scale and I face off the next morning and it sure ain't purdy.

It's all good and it is what is it.....

I think I'm a little stressed to know I have to get back in the car on Tuesday, travel back to Pennsylvania, struggle with eating on the road, spend another week out of whack, off schedule, then drive back here a week later. The bright spot is that I get my babies back and I sure do miss them! I would walk there to get them if I had to, as long as they weren't expecting me til next month....:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Then poor DH knew I was upset and tried to make it better. It can't be made better. He was trying to be nicey nice, hugging on me, groping at me, grinding behind me. I wanted to clobber him. THAT does not make it better. I'm sure in a male mind, he was saying I still looked good to him and he still found me desirable.... In a female mind he was touching all over my fat and making things jiggle!

Lori- We could be married to the same man. Mine does the EXACT same thing thinking I'll like it. I DO NOT!!!

On to my positive. I have found out that sodium is not my friend either. I was back up to 175.8 after that dinner and this AM I was at 171. I am blaming the sodium because our house has been crazy and I haven't been able to get out and really exercise.
    My mom has moved most of her stuff into our garage and has said that she will only be here while we are gone but something is telling me she just might be here alittle longer then that. I also am the new owner of the urn my sister is in. I WILL NOT allow her to take it to a house that I have never seen and don't know the people she will be living with. Our house is stable and constant.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Lori- We could be married to the same man. Mine does the EXACT same thing thinking I'll like it. I DO NOT!!!

On to my positive. I have found out that sodium is not my friend either. I was back up to 175.8 after that dinner and this AM I was at 171. I am blaming the sodium because our house has been crazy and I haven't been able to get out and really exercise.
    My mom has moved most of her stuff into our garage and has said that she will only be here while we are gone but something is telling me she just might be here alittle longer then that. I also am the new owner of the urn my sister is in. I WILL NOT allow her to take it to a house that I have never seen and don't know the people she will be living with. Our house is stable and constant.
    :heart: You are a very good sister, Sam. :brokenheart:

And a good daughter. Your family is blessed to have you:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Feeling totally invisible....didn't think I had lost that much weight.

I see you--

:heart: :heart: Hi Bobbi!!!!!!!

Marla, Thank goodness, I was being to wonder.

Well ya are mighty thin there...................here, have a sammich!!

00020384.gif

Sometimes you have to yell to get attention in a room full of loud people!! JUST YELL AT ME!!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • 72lori
    Options

Sam- I think it's men in general.....:laugh: Groping is fine in the right setting when I'm in the right mood. Right after I get off the scale and am not a happy camper, and I'm standing in the kitchen trying to eat my breakfast is NOT the time in my book. Yeesh! (Sorry Andrew, I'm sure YOU are different. :wink:)

I agree with Jeannie, you are a good one for all you do for your family.

Positive- I am feeling better for the most part. Cleaned the youngest's room really good, went through everything, all the drawers, closet, etc. Makes me feel good to have accomplished something, plus it's all sparkly and things are organized. It's important for us anal, OCD folk.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon fellow black team

I wore my new HRM to work today to see how many calories I really burn while waiting tables, I worked 6am to 3 pm and I burned 1550 calories during that time no wonder I usually gain monday morning, its because I only eat 1250 calories at the most a day and if I am burning 1550 in 9 hours then I am already in a defiect, I am came home and treated myself to a small piece of pumpkin bread plus one cookie and how and behold I had to give my daughter 2 bites of my bread.

Well we shall see what the scale says in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great day...Tamara

Sam- Glad to see you are letting your mom stay with you for a few

Andrew- great job- I am debeating on sugning up for 5K I will see tomorrow

Lori- I think most men are like that, mine is also

Jeannie- you always have the cutest little picture to put up here.

Well gonna rest I am BEAT !!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good afternoon fellow black team

I wore my new HRM to work today to see how many calories I really burn while waiting tables, I worked 6am to 3 pm and I burned 1550 calories during that time no wonder I usually gain monday morning, its because I only eat 1250 calories at the most a day and if I am burning 1550 in 9 hours then I am already in a defiect, I am came home and treated myself to a small piece of pumpkin bread plus one cookie and how and behold I had to give my daughter 2 bites of my bread.

Well we shall see what the scale says in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great day...Tamara

Sam- Glad to see you are letting your mom stay with you for a few

Andrew- great job- I am debeating on sugning up for 5K I will see tomorrow

Lori- I think most men are like that, mine is also

Jeannie- you always have the cutest little picture to put up here.

Well gonna rest I am BEAT !!!!!

Amazing to think we will gain if we dont eat enough, huh? So the opposite of what I always thought. I used to eat 800-900 cals a day and exercise. I would drop weight fast and then pass out and go to the ER.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OH yeah............and gain it back twofold.

You look wonderful and I love love love that dress!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Sam- I think it's men in general.....:laugh: Groping is fine in the right setting when I'm in the right mood. Right after I get off the scale and am not a happy camper, and I'm standing in the kitchen trying to eat my breakfast is NOT the time in my book. Yeesh! (Sorry Andrew, I'm sure YOU are different. :wink:)

I agree with Jeannie, you are a good one for all you do for your family.

Positive- I am feeling better for the most part. Cleaned the youngest's room really good, went through everything, all the drawers, closet, etc. Makes me feel good to have accomplished something, plus it's all sparkly and things are organized. It's important for us anal, OCD folk.

Good deal on the cleaning..........I will PM you my address, lots to do here!!

I think I am cutting the carbs this week to see what will happen. Only fruits and 1 slice w/w bread, and none after 4 pm. I just want to see what happens. 1 week............we shall see
  • 72lori
    Options
    I think I am cutting the carbs this week to see what will happen. Only fruits and 1 slice w/w bread, and none after 4 pm. I just want to see what happens. 1 week............we shall see

I cut a lot of the carbs last week that I usually eat. I was starving all the freaking time! :laugh: Good luck with it. I will keep mine to a minimum again, just for sh!ts and giggles.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I cut a lot of the carbs last week that I usually eat. I was starving all the freaking time! :laugh: Good luck with it. I will keep mine to a minimum again, just for sh!ts and giggles.

noooooooooooooo I cant be hungry!! I will eat the arm of my co-worker!!

Ok so maybe just not after 4 pm????:huh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Positive today- getting back on track with my food choices. Haven't overdone it portion wise or gone too far over cals, but I didn't make the greatest choices either. I'm ready for my super yummy dinner to be done, though. I'm hungry and can smell it!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey--

speaking of sodium-- I made some chili tonight-- low in calories, yummy as heck, but I know I'm going to pay.

Fudgesicles--

(but what a way to go-- )
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening Black Team-

Lori-They ain't kiddin about the sodium. That stuff will blow you up (Temporarily of course). As for whether or not I am "better" when it comes to the timing of my groping and such....beth would have to make the call on that one. lol

Tamara-A good heart rate monitor can be eye opening! lol. It's suprising when you realize that you have to eat more.

Jeanni-You smilies and other animated crap is the best. Enjoyed it very much.

Spongemarla-You and sodium are bitter enemies. The chili sounds delicious though. I could go for some of that.

Sam-They are right. Your an amazing daughter and sister. Hope mom's transition goes well. Were always here if you need to vent.

Well team it's been a weird couple of weeks. I was in a hotel from tuesday until friday last week at which point I drove down to Massachusettes to meet up with the wife and kids who are visiting her family. Beth has a couple of family functions to attend this week and I have work so now she and the boys are in Mass and I made the drive today back up to Maine and won't see her of my precious monkeys until friday. Lonely couple of weeks. But I should look on the bright side. At least I get to sleep in my own bed tonight and for the first time in 4 years of marraige I have complete and utter control of the television. So here I am posting to my teammates and watching Conan the Barbarian- which would NEVER be on list of things to watch. lol.

The other issue is my triathlon at the end of august. I am far rustier in the swimming department than I expected. I am working on it feverently right now but am a bit concerned about whether or not I can do it. Taking into consideration the fact that failing to do it could result in drowning I am considering contacting the event coordinator and changing over to the Duathalon which subs a 2 mile run for the swim portion. If I do that I will keep working on the swimming for a later event. And to top it all off I might not be able to get that day off so it might not even matter. lol Anyway, I guess I am worried that backing out of the swim would make me feel like I failed, but then again drowning sucks. Any opinions?

Anyhoo, Much love guys!

Positive for the day-Watching Conan the Barbarian Rules!

• arewethereyet
    Options
    Anyway, I guess I am worried that backing out of the swim would make me feel like I failed, but then again drowning sucks. Any opinions?

Anyhoo, Much love guys!

Positive for the day-Watching Conan the Barbarian Rules!

Yes.......please do not drown. You know your body better than ever now. If you think you are not ready, wait. Then do your best at the addl 2 miles.

Honey, you are anything but a failure!!

Enjoy your quiet time, wont be much more of that in the coming years!!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: Jeannie

(and pffft.....I can SO see my DH watching Conan if he had the house to himself!!)
  • 72lori
    Options
    Andrew- I'm with Jeannie. Unless you are 100% sure you are ready to tackle the swim, don't do it. It's not failing. Sometimes we are the bigger person for admitting we maybe took on too much. It's not saying you will never do it, just not quite yet. When the day comes, you will do it and rock it and we'll still be here cheering you on.

Listen to your concerns- you have them for a reason. It's not like taking on a run and then deciding it was too much and walking. What do you do in the middle of the swim when you can't do it? Doggie paddle?

I'm still in awe that you would even think about it and sign up for it, points just for that!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Thanks for the advice my dears. I know your both correct. The duathlon is full so this is gonna be all or nothing so I suppose I have a month to deciede. In the mean time I am gonna hit the hay. I have to be at the Y at 5am to swim some laps. lol