Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• Wildheart_Baby
    Wildheart_Baby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Why are we still so obsessed by the weight of female singers and other in professions, she has a very good singing voice and that should be the end of it.
    Nobody ever said, hey that Pavarotti was a good singer but lets make an issue out of his weight, no, we just said Pavarotti had a good singing voice.
  • aradalj1
    aradalj1 Posts: 23
    Options
    You know that Designer that called Adele fat? Did anyone bother to point out that he has a face like a Mummies *kitten*?

So what, she's a bit pudgy, but that's not what people are buying in to, they are buyinh her voice. what else should matter?

"that designer" is far more talented then Adele, and even at his age I would guarantee that Karl Lagerfeld works harder then Adele.

So what, he's a bit skinny, but that's not what people are buying in to, they are buying his clothes. what else should matter?
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    I want to be fat like Adele. Nuff said.
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings...but yes, I think Adele is obese. She is still very beautiful though. I also love that she doesn't seem to give a damn if anyone thinks she's fat. Nothing is sexier than all that confidence

obese fat both mean words to call someone..

Then what adjective would you use? I mean I would never say "you fat sow" to someone, nor would I say "you obese sow"...but what word would you use...any other adjective; overweight, heavier, heavy...those words mean fat/obese....obese is even a medical term. You could say "not-skinny".... It isn't really what you say it is how you say it.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Here in the U.S. a whole bunch of people were protesting Jordin Sparks winning American Idol because she was overweight and a minor (age 17 at the time) and they said she was the poster child for childhood obesity and all this other crap and that she would be a terrible role model for young girls because she was overweight. I thought it was stupid because 1) she is incredible talented and 2) she is beautiful and confident so what part of that WOULDN'T make a great role model for young girls? Either way she did win, is still talented and oh surprise! She lost a bunch of weight when she got her record deal. :noway:
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Yes she is pretty fat though why should it matter? She is pretty and has a great strong voice.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    My jaw has been dropping further by the second throughout this thread, and I find myself bereft of something non-inflammatory to say. However, for the edification of those who don't believe that human sketetal size is variable, may I direct you to the link below, which explains in some detail, but not overly-scientific terminology, that bone size does indeed vary, and in fact, may alter as we live, in order to adapt to circumstance. As would be blatantly obvious to anyone who has ever been hat shopping, and realised that skulls, like the rest of our bones, vary in size (and are not generally a repository for excess body weight). 'big bones' do exist, and while the phrase can be mis-used as an excuse for excess weight by those whose frames are not particularly large, that does not alter the scientific fact of variation in human skeletal size. Some of us are simply built on larger (or smaller) lines than the 'average'.

http://thesebonesofmine.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/skeletal-series-part-1-bone-variation-biomechanics/

Just an FYI. There are other sites with more scientific jargon/further links if you wish to know more, but this sets out the basics well without too much terminology to wade through.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't know about her weight, but her songs suck really bad.
    But that's how 'one hit wonders' normally go.
    I don't think you understand the definition of a one hit wonder...

LOL for real.

To me, one hit wonder means they release 1 song that a lot of people are crazy about, then follow it up with songs that some die hards cling to, while the general public doesn't care at all. I've heard her new supposed "hits" and they are awful. I've heard several successful music groups be categorized as "one hit wonders" because they fell into that same pattern. They have one great hit that appealled to the masses and the rest fails and just appeals to a small niche. Other than this weight discussion, I almost never hear anyone talk about her anymore. To me, she is fading out.
  • finallygettingskinny2013
    Options
    As I'm reading through this thread, Set Fire to the Rain just started playing. Anyways, Adele, from a medical point of view is over-weight. She herself has stated so. When her producer told her she should lose some more weight Adele replied: "I don't make music for the eyes. I make music for the ears"
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nobody criticises opera singers belting out a bit of Wagner for being overweight, leave Adele alone, music is indeed for the ears and her weight is her concern not anybody elses.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I guess people really care about celebrity gossip huh
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Who?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    sorry, she's not curvy, she's fat.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My jaw has been dropping further by the second throughout this thread, and I find myself bereft of something non-inflammatory to say. However, for the edification of those who don't believe that human sketetal size is variable, may I direct you to the link below, which explains in some detail, but not overly-scientific terminology, that bone size does indeed vary, and in fact, may alter as we live, in order to adapt to circumstance. As would be blatantly obvious to anyone who has ever been hat shopping, and realised that skulls, like the rest of our bones, vary in size (and are not generally a repository for excess body weight). 'big bones' do exist, and while the phrase can be mis-used as an excuse for excess weight by those whose frames are not particularly large, that does not alter the scientific fact of variation in human skeletal size. Some of us are simply built on larger (or smaller) lines than the 'average'.

http://thesebonesofmine.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/skeletal-series-part-1-bone-variation-biomechanics/

Just an FYI. There are other sites with more scientific jargon/further links if you wish to know more, but this sets out the basics well without too much terminology to wade through.

lolol
    Adele must have some strange bone structure in her chins
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    She is overweight but she has definitely lost weight since her career began... She is about a UK14 now.

Untitled.jpg

Sorry if my picture doesn't work...
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    She's lost some and looks even better now

EHst9l.jpg

wow well all you ppl saying shes FAT look at her now hehe :)

Even though I think she's a gorgeous girl and a great singer (even though she's really not my type of music), those photos are heavily retouched. Look at the magazine they appeared in, for heaven's sake. Vogue, a publication which still feels the need to heavily retouch waif-like models. You can't really use them as a yardstick for what her weight is.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I love Adele, and her music. She's beautiful, but yes she is fat.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    She is overweight... I wouldn't call her fat.. maybe chubby is a better word.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    There's a reason her album(s) feature just her face.

Same reason 80% of Plenty of Fish profiles have just a face.

Draw your own conclusions.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Why do I care?

Oh, I don't.