Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Adele is just right. More to love. Nuff said.

More is right.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    In the general scheme of things, unless you're super tall or muscley, 14-16 is fat. Nobody is saying it's obese, but yes, it is fat.

For the record, I am currently a size 14-16. And, yes, I am fat. I happen to be curvy also, and I happen to have lost 18 lbs, but I'm still fat.

Also, I don't see how she is curvy, just because she is big. She doesn't appear to have a significantly smaller waist in relation to her hips from where I'm standing.

*Edit* - it is to my understanding, from reading through some of the replies, that some people find the word 'fat' offensive, so exchange it for overweight if it's kinder.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Im a size 11/12 and I am considered obese...164 5'3......yes she is obese...I really dont like that word either ; P

11/12? Aren't those American sizes? We go up in increments of 2s here - our size 14-16 is different from American's.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    This thread annoys me how and who are you to judge & talk about another human being being Fat?

I read quiet a few comments and it's amazing how judgemental other fat people can be

Myself being Fat and trying most of my life not to be thinks well we know why we're fat a lot if it is comfort eating from things in our past so when you want to talk about other fat people remember NO one is immune from gaining weight so one day people could be judging you

Everyone on here is human with some vice something that someone will dislike but when we're fat it shows so we are easy targets

Next time anyone here sees a fat person and judges them remember most fat people became that way through some emotional reason medical reason or injury also remember they could of already lost 50lbs through sheer determination

I have brought my children up to never judge another as we never know what they've been through.

Wait, could you please point me in the direction of those who made judgements and assumptions about her?

The thread asked a question about her appearance, IE, a description of her. Yes, she is fat. Her BF% is likely high, and the thing under our skin that makes us look fat IS fat. That is not judging - that is reality.

Judging would be assuming she's lazy or greedy because she's fat. I didn't see anyone say that.

I guess we should all keep our opinions to ourselves and NEVER EVER make a comment on someone's appearance - hell, we shouldn't even make comments about people being too skinny!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I just saw a forum yesterday where someone was hurt by being called a fatty-so how can all of you sit here and say she is fat or obese. If it were you- I bet 90% of you would be hurt.

If someone described me as fat, yes, I'd be hurt. But that's because I know it's true. And, fortunately, I'm doing something to change it. It's an accurate description.

However, calling someone a fatty is different. I would never use that word to describe someone. Just because it's a similar looking word, it doesn't mean it has the exact same connotations.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I'm just sick of people saying she is a role model for being overweight.

She eats like crap and smokes. I would prefer someone a little healthier to act as an "curvy" role model.

Plus her singing sucks. She sounds like a smoker.

This.

I'd also rather a person who is legitimately curvy to be used a curvespo, not just anyone who happens to be overweight.
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options

She eats like crap and smokes. I would prefer someone a little healthier to act as an "curvy" role model.

^this

Also, he has a huge following of overweight female fans simply because she's in the limelight & overweight in a industry that's overrun with females just her opposite.

Her music is catchy, I'm not denying her talent. But yes, she's fat & gross.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    492-terminator-like-this-thread-it-just-wont-die.jpg
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I don't know who this "Adele" person is, but if those are her pics in this thread then yes she is overweight.

How people can argue this one fact is just insane.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I don't really give a monkeys about her weight and whether she is fat or not, that is her business and not mine. What I do care about is her voice, which is her gift, and it is about time people saw that rather just seeing the looks on the surface. Sure, it is probably healthier to be a healthier weight, but I think people see a celebrity and think it gives them some right to sit there from the safety of behind their monitor, judging and assuming and analysing and God knows what else. It sickens me.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I don't really give a monkeys about her weight and whether she is fat or not, that is her business and not mine. What I do care about is her voice, which is her gift, and it is about time people saw that rather just seeing the looks on the surface. Sure, it is probably healthier to be a healthier weight, but I think people see a celebrity and think it gives them some right to sit there from the safety of behind their monitor, judging and assuming and analysing and God knows what else. It sickens me.

But the question posed at the beginning of this thread was, "Adele.. fat?"

Answer: "Yes"

Everyone else = arguing whether or not she is fat.

The question wasn't, "Is she talented?"

Also stating the fact that she is overweight isn't judging her. It's just stating the fact that she is overweight.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Adele is lovely, and a spectacular singer, but yes, she is fat.

She is amazing and........
    anyone see 30 Rock where they mention a really really mean Weird Al Yankovich spoof of Adele called "Somebody Likes Food"
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i don't think shes fat..in pictures people tend to look heavier..shes just curvy
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    It really annoys me when guys say "yeah.. adele is fat" (referring to the singer Adele), I think she's a size 14-16 (UK)? I think she looks lovely and not fat at all, just very curvy in a good way. Just like sophie dahl used to be. Thoughts?

She needs to lose weight. yes.

Is she obese? probably not.
    Is she fat? yes.

skinny
    fit
    average
    chunky
    fat
    obese

As simple as that.
  • brian1229
    brian1229 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yup, Adele is fat. I am fat. Many people on this site are fat. We are fat because we have too much blubber on our bodies!
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    This thread just shows how the word curvy has no real meaning anymore.

Yes Adele is fat. If you look at her pictures how can you say she isn't?
    On top of that she doesn't work out, eats whatever, and smokes. Great role model? o.O
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options

That role model's name is Crystal Renn
  • chatdude
    chatdude Posts: 39
    Options
    Lol @ Adele being a role model. Shes overweight, smokes, etc.

No one is perfect.

You want to be a good role model for your kids. Go give a starving person some food. Go give a blanket to a homeless person. Give (approx tank of gas) $50 worth of money so people dont have to walk 2 hours just to carry dirty water from a river back to their village.

Adele ain't a role model and neither are any of the people on mfp. We all have a long way to go in many areas other than weight loss. A longg way to go.

Yeah I'm judging all of us as people who live in the 1st world. Just my opinion. But it will always seem more real to me than judging someone on how pretty their face is, how nice their voice is or how much they weigh..
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Lol @ Adele being a role model. Shes overweight, smokes, etc.

No one is perfect.

You want to be a good role model for your kids. Go give a starving person some food. Go give a blanket to a homeless person. Give (approx tank of gas) $50 worth of money so people dont have to walk 2 hours just to carry dirty water from a river back to their village.

Adele ain't a role model and neither are any of the people on mfp. We all have a long way to go in many areas other than weight loss. A longg way to go.

Yeah I'm judging all of us as people who live in the 1st world. Just my opinion. But it will always seem more real to me than judging someone on how pretty their face is, how nice their voice is or how much they weigh..

I'm no role model, you're pretty much dead on.
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options

This.

I'd also rather a person who is legitimately curvy to be used a curvespo, not just anyone who happens to be overweight.

THIS!! I'm 129lbs, and in quite good shape, and I have a 22in waist and wear a 28F bra size. I am curvy, but not fat. Curvy does not mean overweight. Curvy means you have curves. This re-appropriation of the term in recent years drives me insane!