Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Lol @ Adele being a role model. Shes overweight, smokes, etc.

No one is perfect.

You want to be a good role model for your kids. Go give a starving person some food. Go give a blanket to a homeless person. Give (approx tank of gas) $50 worth of money so people dont have to walk 2 hours just to carry dirty water from a river back to their village.

Adele ain't a role model and neither are any of the people on mfp. We all have a long way to go in many areas other than weight loss. A longg way to go.

Yeah I'm judging all of us as people who live in the 1st world. Just my opinion. But it will always seem more real to me than judging someone on how pretty their face is, how nice their voice is or how much they weigh..

Best post in the entire thread.

All of us could use a dose of humble pie.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Adele is a great example of a woman who is beautiful and talented and doesn't let her size define her. She still probably needs to lose some weight to maintain her health in to old age.. and she's probably got a smokin' body under there.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    i don't think shes fat..in pictures people tend to look heavier..shes just curvy

rolls do not qualify as curves.
  • claricecollins
    Options
    I love Adele, and I think she looks great despite the fact that she may be a few pounds heavier than what is considered healthy. But people tend to compare all these celebrities and singers to each other, and if you look at them, the majority are either very thin, fit, or on the lower end of their weight range. Adele looks great with the weight and looks great without the weight. She's confident, which I think speaks volumes and should inspire everyone as well.

Plus, as a musician, it does help to have more meat on your bones. I'm not saying go and be overweight to make your music better. But as a violinist who lost too much weight and is slowly putting it back on, it does help. And so I think that it is important for her not to lose too much weight.

But that's my opinion. To each their own :)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    First off she is beautiful, that being said she may be overweight, but she is still beautiful. My husband thinks she is gorgeous, it does not matter her size she is amazing. thats the beauty of confidence it fits any size:happy:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    i don't think shes fat..in pictures people tend to look heavier..shes just curvy

Lol.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Plus, as a musician, it does help to have more meat on your bones. I'm not saying go and be overweight to make your music better. But as a violinist who lost too much weight and is slowly putting it back on, it does help. And so I think that it is important for her not to lose too much weight.

But that's my opinion. To each their own :)

What? How does it help anything. I play guitar. Played professionally for years. Have you seen fat guitar players? Their guitar sticks way out from their belly. If anything, it's a hinderence. And, they have fat fingers that make it difficult to play really well. Even moreso on the violin since there are no frets, and its more sensitive to finger placement than a guitar. If anything, I think singers are better off to have a bit of fat, but I could be mistaken. I've never seen a thin opera singer, as an example. They need the size for extra diaphragm space. But, even as I am saying that, I'm not sure it's true.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Im a size 11/12 and I am considered obese...164 5'3......yes she is obese...I really dont like that word either ; P

11/12? Aren't those American sizes? We go up in increments of 2s here - our size 14-16 is different from American's.

The odd number sizes are Juniors...they go 1-17
    The even numbers are Misses sizes, they are usually 2-18
    Plus size, or Women's sizes, are generally 18W-24W

I've worked retail for 19 years, LOL
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    She's over-weight. end story.
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    SHE IS FUN SIZED!!! =) But ,of course, she could be at a healthier weight.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I don't really give a monkeys about her weight and whether she is fat or not, that is her business and not mine. What I do care about is her voice, which is her gift, and it is about time people saw that rather just seeing the looks on the surface. Sure, it is probably healthier to be a healthier weight, but I think people see a celebrity and think it gives them some right to sit there from the safety of behind their monitor, judging and assuming and analysing and God knows what else. It sickens me.

But the question posed at the beginning of this thread was, "Adele.. fat?"

Answer: "Yes"

Everyone else = arguing whether or not she is fat.

The question wasn't, "Is she talented?"

Also stating the fact that she is overweight isn't judging her. It's just stating the fact that she is overweight.

Thisity this this.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

For the love of God ...
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I'm just sick of people saying she is a role model for being overweight.

She eats like crap and smokes. I would prefer someone a little healthier to act as an "curvy" role model.

Plus her singing sucks. She sounds like a smoker.

This.

I'd also rather a person who is legitimately curvy to be used a curvespo, not just anyone who happens to be overweight.

THIS!! I'm 129lbs, and in quite good shape, and I have a 22in waist and wear a 28F bra size. I am curvy, but not fat. Curvy does not mean overweight. Curvy means you have curves. This re-appropriation of the term in recent years drives me insane!

You and me both, honey. LOL. I don't see anorexic people being referred to as athletic, so why can't curvy be used appropiately?
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Im a size 11/12 and I am considered obese...164 5'3......yes she is obese...I really dont like that word either ; P

11/12? Aren't those American sizes? We go up in increments of 2s here - our size 14-16 is different from American's.

The odd number sizes are Juniors...they go 1-17
    The even numbers are Misses sizes, they are usually 2-18
    Plus size, or Women's sizes, are generally 18W-24W

I've worked retail for 19 years, LOL

I'm so confused :sad:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    However, she has lost weight and looks a lot better now :)
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes sh is overweight but she is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    I think she's very talented and beautiful, but also somewhat fat, yes. Not in a negative way, it is what it is and it's her choice.

This but don't think she's as talented as other singers like Norah Jones or Amy Lee.

You mad?

I also think she's fat.

Not as talented as Norah Jones??
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Yeah right..
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I like her because she is fat....yeah, I know, I am weird like that. I might feel different if she becomes a skinny minny.
  • Thalia02
    Thalia02 Posts: 1
    Options
    I´m size 8 ( USA) , so mean I fat ?!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: