Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    This thread annoys me how and who are you to judge & talk about another human being being Fat?

I read quiet a few comments and it's amazing how judgemental other fat people can be

Myself being Fat and trying most of my life not to be thinks well we know why we're fat a lot if it is comfort eating from things in our past so when you want to talk about other fat people remember NO one is immune from gaining weight so one day people could be judging you

Everyone on here is human with some vice something that someone will dislike but when we're fat it shows so we are easy targets

Next time anyone here sees a fat person and judges them remember most fat people became that way through some emotional reason medical reason or injury also remember they could of already lost 50lbs through sheer determination

I have brought my children up to never judge another as we never know what they've been through.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    This thread annoys me how and who are you to judge & talk about another human being being Fat?

I read quiet a few comments and it's amazing how judgemental other fat people can be

Myself being Fat and trying most of my life not to be thinks well we know why we're fat a lot if it is comfort eating from things in our past so when you want to talk about other fat people remember NO one is immune from gaining weight so one day people could be judging you

Everyone on here is human with some vice something that someone will dislike but when we're fat it shows so we are easy targets

Next time anyone here sees a fat person and judges them remember most fat people became that way through some emotional reason medical reason or injury also remember they could of already lost 50lbs through sheer determination

I have brought my children up to never judge another as we never know what they've been through.

I dont see how saying someone is fat is judging? she is. i am. lots of people are. Thats like saying im judging someone by saying the have blond hair.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You people are so effed up! Isn't this a website motivating people to lose weight? Not talk **** and call other people fat? Given this is a celebrity, I'm sure there are tons of people on here who have the same body as Adele and now feel even worse about themselves. And society wonders why there are so many eating disorders and suicides. Good job. If you don't have anything nice to say or any motivation to give to someone, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. It doesn't matter what you think about someone, everyone is beautiful in their own way. And to put it simple, Adele has a **** ton of money and is probably 100% better off then most of the people who put her down.

I was waiting for one of these comments. I'm going to assume there are way more eating disorders related to girls on the runway, rather than girls looking at Adele and thinking, OH MY GOD, I NEED TO BE SKINNY LIKE HER. The people that are on here are here to lose weight, whether or not they have a similar body to Adele. She's not at a healthy weight, plain and simple.

So, because Adele's got a lot of money we can't say anything about whether or not she's fat? Being better off has nothing to do with weight, we're all giving an opinion. No one is judging her, they're clearly stating a fact.

On a side note, I find it slightly humorous that you said that basically, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Yet, your first sentence is calling us all f*cked up.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The only fat thing about Adele is her paycheck

Awesome.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I love Adele, and her music. She's beautiful, but yes she is fat.

Well said.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

I dont see how saying someone is fat is judging? she is. i am. lots of people are. Thats like saying im judging someone by saying the have blond hair.

Not everyone here is judging but there was one comment:

"I am so tired of women throwing around terms like big boned and curvy to justify their own laziness"

This implies that women who are bigger are lazy which IMO is a judgement. There are many reasons why people are bigger; to assume it's because they're lazy is judgemental.
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't know about her weight, but her songs suck really bad.
    But that's how 'one hit wonders' normally go.
    I don't think you understand the definition of a one hit wonder...
    agree....she is definitely not a one hit wonder...considering she has had several chart toppers!
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Go ahead ..call her fat. She's still laughing her way to the bank!
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Nobody criticises opera singers belting out a bit of Wagner for being overweight, leave Adele alone, music is indeed for the ears and her weight is her concern not anybody elses.

That old chestnut is well out of date. Nowadays Wagnerian singers have to be very athletic, so they tend to be built like Waltraud Meier, who was looking distinctly athletic when I saw her in Goetterdammerung recently.

Debra Voigt was very famously fired by the Royal Opera House in London a few years ago because she couldn't fit into her costume. She has since lost a lot of weight after bariatric surgery.

And poor Montserrat Caballe was dubbed 'monster fat caballe' by a horrible taboid newspaper when she had her number 1 hit with Freddie Mercury.

Pavarotti got away with being big despite being too large to act, especially in his twilight years, and by the time he had popular success was way past his prime as a singer.

Women get much more flak than men in the fat department.

But yeah, your main point is one I completely agree with. People join a site like this, lose a few lbs, and then get all po-faced about other people's weight. Let's see how hard they're laughing when they put it all back on (because statistically, most of them will).
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    You people all really need to think about why another person's status of fatness is such a big deal to you, enough of a big deal to make this thread last so long and go on for so many pages.

This!!!

Too many people worry about other people!!! They need lives :)
  • LindsayHowlett
    Options
    I've not read all of the replies on this so probably duplicating!! Yep, she's prob a bit overweight, she also talks with a really strong Essex accent (meaning she gets termed quite chavvy)! So what? She is stunning, independent, strong and talented. Everything she has achieved she has done on her own merit and IMHO she's a positive role model for young people everywhere. It's a shame there is soooooo much pressure for celebrities to be so incredibly thin thus making impressionable young women across the world strive for goals that are not achievable.

I've no idea what dress size she is, but 14-16 is the UK average, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a size 14 figure, especially if it is a fit & healthy size 14.

For the record I'm a size 14-16 (UK), I wonder if people look at me and think I'm obese?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm just sick of people saying she is a role model for being overweight.

She eats like crap and smokes. I would prefer someone a little healthier to act as an "curvy" role model.

Plus her singing sucks. She sounds like a smoker.
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    Who cares what size she is? The woman is a major talent with an awesome voice!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    You people are so effed up! Isn't this a website motivating people to lose weight? Not talk **** and call other people fat? Given this is a celebrity, I'm sure there are tons of people on here who have the same body as Adele and now feel even worse about themselves. And society wonders why there are so many eating disorders and suicides. Good job. If you don't have anything nice to say or any motivation to give to someone, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. It doesn't matter what you think about someone, everyone is beautiful in their own way. And to put it simple, Adele has a **** ton of money and is probably 100% better off then most of the people who put her down.

To be honest, if you don't like the subject matter then why do you read it?

I am FAT! I am working on losing that fat, but the point is I am still heavy and fat. It is just a word. Using it is not the end of the world. This world is becoming too much of a hand holding, politically correct one.

Adele is overweight. No one can argue that she is not at a healthy weight. She eats horrible things. Plus, she smokes. She is not a healthy person.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm just sick of people saying she is a role model for being overweight.

She eats like crap and smokes. I would prefer someone a little healthier to act as an "curvy" role model.

Plus her singing sucks. She sounds like a smoker.

Lol, love this.

To be honest, if you don't like the subject matter then why do you read it?

I am FAT! I am working on losing that fat, but the point is I am still heavy and fat. It is just a word. Using it is not the end of the world. This world is becoming too much of a hand holding, politically correct one.

Adele is overweight. No one can argue that she is not at a healthy weight. She eats horrible things. Plus, she smokes. She is not a healthy person.

Amen...and it's not even about her. It's about denial and being over sensitive.

This coming from someone who has been fat, lost it...and due to an injury...looks at himself as somewhat fat again. It'll be gone by mid summer.

It's just a word.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I don't get how the word "fat" is that offensive - it's not like the girl is a size 4 and people are calling her fat because it's Hollywood, she is legitimately fat.

Plus, when you're in the public eye, people notice these kinds of things and point them out. She has probably learned that by now, but it doesn't seem to be stopping her at all. Why would people on this website care if she doesn't?

tumblr_lkqmhmplBT1qakw1ho1_500.jpg

This quote from Adele bothered me - not because she doesn't want to slim down, her weight has literally no bearing on my life. But people call her a "good role model" for encouraging an unhealthy lifestyle. I'd rather girls look up to a celebrity who doesn't encourage eating too much, exercising too little and smoking cigarettes.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    She is fat. She is also gorgeous. The two aren't mutually exclusive, at least in my opinion.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think Adele has an amazing voice and I love all her songs. She's not famous for her body; she's famous for her music. About her weight, I don't care really. The only body I really care about is my own and ummm my husband's :blushing: It's hard enough trying to concentrate on my own life and weight issues without trying to judge other people's bodies.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't get how the word "fat" is that offensive - it's not like the girl is a size 4 and people are calling her fat because it's Hollywood, she is legitimately fat.

Plus, when you're in the public eye, people notice these kinds of things and point them out. She has probably learned that by now, but it doesn't seem to be stopping her at all. Why would people on this website care if she doesn't?

tumblr_lkqmhmplBT1qakw1ho1_500.jpg

This quote from Adele bothered me - not because she doesn't want to slim down, her weight has literally no bearing on my life. But people call her a "good role model" for encouraging an unhealthy lifestyle. I'd rather girls look up to a celebrity who doesn't encourage eating too much, exercising too little and smoking cigarettes.

If she's that concern about making a good album and singing, she might want to think about giving up the smoking.
  • Maverick60
    Maverick60 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Adele is just right. More to love. Nuff said.