Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    While we are at it, can we start a thread called "Ice... cold?" or "Sun... bright?"
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Adele is fat, she also sings flat.

brendan
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    hahaha...well, adele is a damn good singer and if i am listening to her on my headphones or in the car the last thing im thinking about is her body all i care about is her voice.

i think its annoying we cant see past her body but such is the world we live in

adele might be fat but she can sing better than any of us lol:drinker:
  • joannecb
    joannecb Posts: 5
    Options
    Overweight yes...Obese..no!!

I am a size 16. My BMI is within range, my body fat is at 27% which before I started with a trainer was at 44%. I am still overweight but not medically in the obese range let alone morbidly obese. But height plays a part in that too. If I was this weight at 5 foot I would be obese, but I am 5 foot 8 inches. I now need to lose some pounds as I have done so much of the hard work. And frankly anyway, who are we to judge somelse so critically. Are we perfect? She is beautiful and talented. Is there a little jealousy on here??
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You know who's fat? Fat Albert. It isn't his fault, though. When his parents named him that, they put him on the path to obesity. He seems to be okay with it, though, and that's what matters.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings

Reality is reality, and there is nothing wrong with the word fat. At the moment I am indeed fat. It isn't a dirty word. Maybe some people need to toughen up and stop having their feelings hurt so easily.

True story.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Who cares? She has an amazing voice!!!:smile:
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Adele is lovely, and a spectacular singer, but yes, she is fat.
    yup this.
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    Truthfully Adele is pretty over-weight, but that doesn't mean she's not beautiful. She def rocks it
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings

Reality is reality, and there is nothing wrong with the word fat. At the moment I am indeed fat. It isn't a dirty word. Maybe some people need to toughen up and stop having their feelings hurt so easily.

I think the word "fat" seems more unpleasant because it is used as an adjective in many an insult (i.e. fat b***h, fat slob, fat *kitten*, etc...) You don't hear anyone being called and obese slob, so the term obese feels less hurtful. However, I do agree that, clinically speaking, she is overweight (aka, fat).
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    She's lost some and looks even better now

EHst9l.jpg

wow well all you ppl saying shes FAT look at her now hehe :)

Even though I think she's a gorgeous girl and a great singer (even though she's really not my type of music), those photos are heavily retouched. Look at the magazine they appeared in, for heaven's sake. Vogue, a publication which still feels the need to heavily retouch waif-like models. You can't really use them as a yardstick for what her weight is.

Yeah, let's get real here, it's Vogue. They retouch so heavily it's ridiculous. While Adele has recently lost a little weight, that photo was retouched. They're notorious for making curves disappear and for making women of color appear lighter (anybody else see those Beyonce photos? Yeah, they lightened her skin, did the same thing to Freida Pinto). Take those photos with a grain of salt.
  • joannecb
    joannecb Posts: 5
    Options
    Nice one!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It's extremely poor manners to call someone "fat", same as it is to call them "ugly".

Say what you want, but don't be surprised if people tell you that you're extremely rude.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Adele a one hit wonder? Please!! The girl has won so many awards I doubt she has room to fit them all into her house!

She's so talented as a singer and songwriter it's not even funny.....

Say what you like about her weight but to call her a one hit wonder, well that's just showing how dumb YOU are.
  • SunshineRox007
    SunshineRox007 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as large, medium and small frame. My doctor says I have a naturally large frame so not to expect to ever be tiny, even if I get to a healthy weight. I think that is where the "big boned" idea is coming from.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    She's lost some and looks even better now

EHst9l.jpg

wow well all you ppl saying shes FAT look at her now hehe :)

Even though I think she's a gorgeous girl and a great singer (even though she's really not my type of music), those photos are heavily retouched. Look at the magazine they appeared in, for heaven's sake. Vogue, a publication which still feels the need to heavily retouch waif-like models. You can't really use them as a yardstick for what her weight is.

Yeah, let's get real here, it's Vogue. They retouch so heavily it's ridiculous. While Adele has recently lost a little weight, that photo was retouched. They're notorious for making curves disappear and for making women of color appear lighter (anybody else see those Beyonce photos? Yeah, they lightened her skin, did the same thing to Freida Pinto). Take those photos with a grain of salt.

Not to mention styling is also doing a lot of work here. She's wearing a corset, contouring has clearly been used on a cheekbones to make her face look less full, her proportions are nicely balanced by the loose-fitting blouse she's been dressed in. Compare this picture to footage of her in interviews or live performances, or candid photos of her and you'll see that this isn't the most effective photo to use. Again, not hating on the girl because I do think she's gorgeous, but Vogue photos are a terrible way to prove your point.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,325 Member
    Options
    Adele is not fat nor obese. She is pleasantly plump! She does need to lose some weight but I feel that today's society judges others by what they see walking on the runways -- sticks. We should not put too much emphasis of slimness but staying healthy.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You people are so effed up! Isn't this a website motivating people to lose weight? Not talk **** and call other people fat? Given this is a celebrity, I'm sure there are tons of people on here who have the same body as Adele and now feel even worse about themselves. And society wonders why there are so many eating disorders and suicides. Good job. If you don't have anything nice to say or any motivation to give to someone, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. It doesn't matter what you think about someone, everyone is beautiful in their own way. And to put it simple, Adele has a **** ton of money and is probably 100% better off then most of the people who put her down.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as large, medium and small frame. My doctor says I have a naturally large frame so not to expect to ever be tiny, even if I get to a healthy weight. I think that is where the "big boned" idea is coming from.
    You realize that "large framed" is exactly the same as "big boned", right? The framework your doctor is talking about is your bones...
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Actually, if you have a large frame that means you can weigh more than someone with a small frame and still be very lean. I have a friend who has a larger frame than me but she is still very thin and does not look big at all.