Tattoo's on women

Options
sarahmoo12
sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
Just wondering what you all think off tattoos on women ? Large tattoos especially.
Im hoping to get a biggish one on the top of my thigh soon but I dont want to look unfeminine. What do you all think? Please feel free share any nice ink you have too ;)

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    hmmm... i dont know, tattoos suck
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's each to their own, and if you want one then go for it.
    Personally I don't like tattoos on legs. It's just a me thing I'm sure as plenty of people have them. It doesn't have anything to do with being feminine or not as I dislike them on both men and women.

What were you thinking of getting? :)
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Depends on the tattoo, not the sex. In my opinion, if the tattoo looks crap, then it doesn't matter who it's on.

I've a few tattoos myself.
  • unassembledandy
    Options
    i dont think it looks unfeminine, my girlfriend has tattoos covering both her wrists/forearms and they look great

i think tattoos are alot like hair colour, some people are atracted to em, some hate them, and some, just take it as it comes haha!

me personally the bigger they are i think they look better shaded / coloured,

big blocky/tribal tattoos are (imo) horrible
  • do4fit
    do4fit Posts: 23
    Options
    As andywhyteuk said, "to each their own". Some men/women love tattoo's on themselves and others and some don't. As for if it was feminine or not would depend on what you where deciding to get. I have one small tattoo on my my back and a larger piece on my back/shoulder and have been considering getting one on my right front thigh that is VERY feminine in the design.

Just make sure it is something you have thought seriously about. you do not want to regret it after it is done :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on men and women. It depends on what you are getting. I've seen some great tattoos that I envy and then I've seen some that I wouldn't even think of getting. I have a few and I think they look great but others might not like them. Also - being a women you have to be selective where you put them because if you work in the corporate world you might run into those that look down on them.

My husband is a subcontractor and works for a few different companies and once in awhile he runs into issues because people don't like that he's sleeved even though they are all nice looking tattoos.He doesn't have anything gory or inappropriate.

I think you'd be fine getting it on your upper thigh.
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If it's important to you, go for it. Tattoos are a common topic here.

I'll leave others to comment on the whole permanency factor yada-yada. Personally, I love ink on women. But the most important factor is how you feel about it. If you want it, you should do it.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    to me - tattoos are a non-issue. I don't think they enhance or detract from a woman's sexiness (except in some cases, i.e. Kat Von D - you can decide whether the tattoos on the face enhance or detract, but they definitely make a difference).

it still goes back to how a woman carries herself that makes her feminine. some people will say that they don't like them. and that's fine. some will say that they do. and that's fine, too.

I hope you don't ultimately base a decision on what is said here, because you'll get a variety of opinions. You will probably find if you do what you want, and that makes you happy and/or empowers you, then you will be more confident, sexy and feminine naturally.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Try to make it something unique and not involving a skull, star or butterfly, and you should be all good :D
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    im getting a realish looking pirate skull with sugar skull design on it and flowers around it with old looking playing cards and gold coins in front with a sword behind the skull and maybe have a little shipwreck behind in the distance!
    To be honest I dont really care if I like something enough il get it and all being well il have it done before the end of summer just need to get the money lol
    I have to say since I got my first tattoo it became addictive! I only have two so far but have that idea and another two waiting lol
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    tattoos on women are fine - I think the gross skull and dagger things are ridiculous, but to each their own. I have a female friend who had her whole back done - profile of an Indian woman, it is gorgeous. So depends what and where. Just don't forget (as an HR person) when you apply for a job if it is visible and ugly it can be held against you. (although they would never admit it)
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    TATOOS ON WOMEN ARE SEXY TO ME
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    i dont think it looks unfeminine, my girlfriend has tattoos covering both her wrists/forearms and they look great

i think tattoos are alot like hair colour, some people are atracted to em, some hate them, and some, just take it as it comes haha!

me personally the bigger they are i think they look better shaded / coloured,

big blocky/tribal tattoos are (imo) horrible

^ i like that.
    I personally have a largeish tattoo on my outter thigh (it's like the size of my whole hand) but it's a rose with a Caterpillar and butterfly (my transformation) it's girly and feminine.. so it depends on the tattoo.
    Like if you get a skull.. it will probably not be feminine
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    Yea iv thought about every tattoo I want for a long time in detail iv been planing this one and the other two I want for around a year now! Iv somewhere easy hid if I ever want to hide them :)
    I think common tattoos skulls, birds, flowers ect are good when you make them original and dont just copy off google for example!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    ahhh i want a sugar skull!!!!!
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    I have tattoos - I always get asked if they are new because the colouring is very strong. So it's worth going to a good artist compared to one who'll leave you with something horrible and faded. Detailed designs / small lines look worse with weight changes and sagging with age.
  • rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have three tattoos. I was a little worried about getting them, especially the ones on my wrist, but I do love them and want more. I want to keep everything feminine. And for the poster who mentioned butterfly tattoos... What's wrong with them?

cdb3d9b3.jpg

d9efda7c.jpg

19a4e625.jpg

0eeeba15.jpg
    900d2f86.jpg

Hmm don't know why the pics are so big. My bad
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I think women look beautiful with tattoo's depending on the tattoo. :) I would not ever have one done simply because I'm horrible with needles. I come close to blacking out just getting simple shots. :laugh:
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    I think that well placed and well thought out tattos look great on women...but that comes from a guy who has an original jolly roger on his arm...would have shared, but can't figure out how to insert pics...I am kind of dumb that way:wink:

Nice ink Rachel
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have loads of tattoos, some people like them some hate them.
    Personally I like mine to look feminine and I think some pieces look gorgeous on women! Especially with lots of colours!

I think the artist has to be the right one though, if you get bad art, it looks awful, no matter what the subject is.