Tattoo's on women

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    ever see an older person with tattoos they obviously got when they were young?.

it just looks either so sad or so silly.

Clearly you know nothing about the advancement in tattoos and the quality of ink. God some people...

I actually think older people with tats tell an interesting story. Makes me want to ask them about their life - especially the military tats!!

Love the military tattoos.
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Depends on the tattoo, not the sex. In my opinion, if the tattoo looks crap, then it doesn't matter who it's on.

I've a few tattoos myself.

^ This^ Totally depends on the tattoo, not the person. I have seen some very beautiful inked women!
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member

Clearly you know nothing about the advancement in tattoos and the quality of ink. God some people...

I actually think older people with tats tell an interesting story. Makes me want to ask them about their life - especially the military tats!!

Love the military tattoos.

Me too! and i said that earlier about the ink quality being better! Its much brighter, longer lastin and doesnt spread nearly as much :) x I love hearing the story behind any tat:) good or bad :)
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Personally, I don't like them.
    That's just my taste.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    I have a playboy bunny tattoo on my right pec. the outline is in the italian colors (green white red) under it it says talent scouts (although I wish that the guy did a better job on the lettering). An ex girlfriend bought it for me. 4 friends have the same tattoo including my brother. so it has a story. I got it 10 years ago and you can still make out the color white.

:)

oh... my girl now, she doesn't care too much for it ... obviously.. but doesn't hate it either
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    I think if this is what you really want then go for it. It is your body.

Personally, I don't like them. Especially on women. Just my opinion. Again, your body, so do as you wish.
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    I have 6 tattoos, they're all pretty small. But, I've been debating getting a large one as well. I'm just scared to commit to one as big as I want. I certainly don't think it makes you unfeminine. However, that would also depend on what you had tattoo'd on you. lol
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Depends on the tattoo, not the sex. In my opinion, if the tattoo looks crap, then it doesn't matter who it's on.

I've a few tattoos myself.

I couldn't agree more!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    I have a beautiful tat on the back of my neck and then a running man on the inside of my ankle. I also have one on my wrist that I am having removed. It's about the quality of the tat, not the person, not the location. I've seen people with full sleeves that look absolutely amazing and I've seen others with ones that look like crap.

Everyone is different. Some people don't like tats. It's a personal choice and doesn't matter what other people think. Do take into consideration your line of work and how it may effect it though. That's my best piece of advice. Don't get a tat that you're going to have to constantly put a bandage over.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    im getting a realish looking pirate skull with sugar skull design on it and flowers around it with old looking playing cards and gold coins in front with a sword behind the skull and maybe have a little shipwreck behind in the distance!

I have a sugar skull on my ribs! That idea sounds awesome.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    I have 25 tattoos. LOVE them all. They are tasteful and have meaning. After having 2 kids the ones on my ribs and hip still look perfect. :smile:
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    It's all in how it's done. My daughter has a big one across her thigh. It's just the word "Prost" in Old English script. I love the idea behind it (to commemorate her first European trip) but I hate the design.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    I have three tattoos. I was a little worried about getting them, especially the ones on my wrist, but I do love them and want more. I want to keep everything feminine. And for the poster who mentioned butterfly tattoos... What's wrong with them?

cdb3d9b3.jpg

d9efda7c.jpg

19a4e625.jpg

0eeeba15.jpg
    900d2f86.jpg

Hmm don't know why the pics are so big. My bad

I freakin' love that butterfly tat!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    I have 7! two of which are large, a phoenix on my left forearm and a lung dragon on my right ankle. I LOVE MY TATTOOS and I do not feel less girly for them! Do it ! It is something you are doing for yourself so make sure it is something you can live with for forever but other wise I say go for it!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member

clearly is it? I was not talking about faded or stretched out tats. I was talking about the art choices some young people make that they wouldnt make as they mature and get older. And I am not generalizing.... I am talking about specific older people I have talked to...god some people....
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    I have a half-sleeve on my left arm, and several other large pieces on my hips/abdomen/back. It's not the gender, it's if it's a well-done tattoo. If you take care of it properly and it heals well, it will be a beautiful work of art for many decades to come!
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    I find tattoos extremely sexy in most cases.....
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Just wondering what you all think off tattoos on women ? Large tattoos especially.
    Im hoping to get a biggish one on the top of my thigh soon but I dont want to look unfeminine. What do you all think? Please feel free share any nice ink you have too ;)

Who cares what other people think! My half sleeve on my left arms starts tomorrow evening. If a guy or girl doesn't like them, then they don't have to associate with me.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    I have 2 myself. One is on my lower back and the other is on my right thigh. My advice to you is choose wisely what you want and where you are placing it. Mine are inplaces I can easily cover with clothes in case I don't want others to see them. Think ahead, such as job placement or baby making days...because you might not like them afterwards. :)
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437

but that's their opinion....