Tattoo's on women

Options

Replies

• chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Hmmm a tattoo is a reflection of yourself and should always mean something to you - who cares what anyone thinks... just saying
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I just got my first tattoo just over 2 weeks ago, I had it done for me, no one else. In my opinion, if you get tatts done, you get them done for yourself, not to please anyone else, after all its your body.
  • kristalael
    kristalael Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm very feminine and I have 16 tattoos. I have a quarter sleeve, a large tattoo on the back of my calf and then numerous smaller tattoos. As long as you have a good artist that you trust and will do what you're asking for without trying to modify it to their "style" of work or make it more masculine then you'll be fine! Plus, if it's on your thigh then it won't be showing all of the time. I say GO FOR IT! I love tattoos and think if they're done properly they are extremely sexy. :wink:
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love tattoo's on anyone, but it's all about design, placement, and a good artist. Personally, I think thigh tattoos look trashy (unless you have tattoo's all over... it's really relative). But I'm also a big fan of being able to hide tattoos with clothing for various reasons.

BUT, if it's what you want and absolutely where you want it, go for it! You should try to make yourself happy. :drinker:
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    If you want to get a tattoo then get one, don´t mind other peoples opinion. This is your body and you have to live with it so don´t listen to what others think.
    I have seen many beautiful tattoos but I would never get one mainly because I get so bored with things quickly and a tattoo is too permanent for me to take the risk.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of personal taste. If you like them, have one (or more).

I personally don't like tattoos on either sex, and the thought of wrinkly old men and women in future years with distorted, faded tattoos in old age makes me feel sick. That's one reason why I would never have one. Just sayin'

Ive seen a lot of older people with this!!

however, new inks are such an improvement and last much longer. Just think- a lot of people my age now have them so in the future, loads of older people, who will be my age then too, will have them- itll be a generational thing and no-one will be alone in it :)

really? so, since there will be several people with tattoos that they regret, they can all regret together? seems kind of a silly way to justify getting tattoos

Who said anything about regretting their ink? Some people get tattoos just to have them, for others there is a deep, personal meaning and relation with that tattoo. The latter don't regret their tattoos.
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    tattoos are super classy. The bigger, the better!
    http://www.oddee.com/item_96748.aspx
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    Tattoos are beautiful.
    If it were acceptable in my workplace (hospital).
    Id have sleeves :) Just make sure it's something
    you want & that you have a fantastic tattoo artist.

One girl I know locally. Super pretty girl.
    She had a giant sized tattoo on her thigh.
    A zombie tattoo and it wasnt the nicest looking thing.
    When she wore a mini, it looked a tad trashy, but she
    is far from trashy.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I love a tat that's been done well. Take your time to pick the perfect one that you will be stuck with FOREVER. Then don't look back! Be sure to post pics!! :)

PS - I don't have any tats anymore (had one removed). BUT I'd get a large macaw on my flank if hubby would go for it!!
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love a tat that's been done well. Take your time to pick the perfect one that you will be stuck with FOREVER. Then don't look back! Be sure to post pics!! :)

PS - I don't have any tats anymore (had one removed). BUT I'd get a large macaw on my flank if hubby would go for it!!

I actually think that would look great ... I'm getting my second next wednesday. I'm getting an angel done on my left shoulder with a portrait of my wife.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i think thigh tattoos are kinda trashy. but thats just my opinion.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    tattoos on either sex are beautiful and HOT. having said that, I have seen some amazing artwork and some not so amazing artwork. be careful who you choose to mark your body.

I currently have two and and intend to get a back piece when I reach my goal. The new ink will cover/incorporate an existing tattoo at my low back and eventually wrap around my hips, the sides of my breasts and up over my shoulders to surround my other tattoo.

most importantly though, who cares what others think. Ink is something I do for myself and each of mine has marked a milestone or important event in my life. One of my tattoos is my daughter's name, got it done right after she was born. The other, well as I said, it's getting covered so we won't go there :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont like them, but its your boy, not mine LOLOL

do what makes you happy and dont worry about what others think LOL
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    tattoos on either sex are beautiful and HOT. having said that, I have seen some amazing artwork and some not so amazing artwork. be careful who you choose to mark your body.

I currently have two and and intend to get a back piece when I reach my goal. The new ink will cover/incorporate an existing tattoo at my low back and eventually wrap around my hips, the sides of my breasts and up over my shoulders to surround my other tattoo.

most importantly though, who cares what others think. Ink is something I do for myself and each of mine has marked a milestone or important event in my life. One of my tattoos is my daughter's name, got it done right after she was born. The other, well as I said, it's getting covered so we won't go there :)

Cover work can be incredible if done well. Often times that work impresses me more ....
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think that it's up to you - if you want one, get one. I think it's important to get something that means something to you so that, in 20 years, you don't look at it and wonder "WTH was I thinking?"

I, personally, got mine in a spot where you'll see it if I want you to, but it's easily hidden if I need to hide it. (It's on my right shoulder)

If I could figure out how to post pics, I would :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    ever see an older person with tattoos they obviously got when they were young?.

it just looks either so sad or so silly.

Clearly you know nothing about the advancement in tattoos and the quality of ink. God some people...
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Its a personal expression of art. If you are that passionate about getting one, its your body and you should do what you want. I have two. One takes up the whole side of my right calf, the other is a very small one on the back of my neck.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    As a mom and an older woman, I don't like them. I know soooooooo many people who are sorry they got them ( male and female, young and old). But that's why they make vanilla and chocolate, everyone's different.
  • Nailrep
    Options

Clearly you know nothing about the advancement in tattoos and the quality of ink. God some people...
  • Nailrep
    Options

I actually think older people with tats tell an interesting story. Makes me want to ask them about their life - especially the military tats!!