What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options

Replies

• athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I read the first page, but the rest was TLDR;

Anyway, don't forget that vanity sizing has increased the size of 0 to 2 significantly over the years. If you were a 0 in college 20 years ago, that size probably isn't even available at this point.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

My goal weight is 125lbs. I'm 5'5 w/ a small frame, as I mentioned. That's normal weight for my height. My goal measurements are 35/24-26/34-36 I don't think it's unreasonable or unhealthy given my shape & stature.

That's my height and current weight, and I'm a 0. Have very small hips (34") so even when I was pushing 200lbs, I never wore any larger than a 14. My waist is 7 inches smaller than my hips, so I'll never be "curvy", but I wasn't when I was larger either!
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    I totally agree! Small women are still beautiful. I'm a size 0, but I'm only 5 feet tall. I can't stand when people trash talk thin people saying crap like "Give that girl a cheeseburger." It makes me so angry. I would love to have a big bust and some curves, but I just wasn't born that way. We're all beautiful the way we are.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I didn't want to be a size 0 or 2 when I started MFP at size 8-10. I was shooting for a size 6 or 4 but I ended up being in a size 0 or 2. I've only lost 3 more lbs since I was in a size 4 but I've toned up & gotten more muscular and now wear a size 0 or 2. I definitely still have my curves too. I was one who always thought a size 0 looked too small, and I tend to still think some girls with no muscle or fat at all who wear a 0 do look emaciated, but with some muscle and curves, it can be very attractive!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pants size doesn't really mean much except on an individual basis. I don't know that I could be a size 2 if I tried, but my stepmother has been a size 2 most of her adult life and is not even skinny (though not fat either). She's simply a petite person. She often refers to me as tall and skinny. At 5'5" and a size 8, I am neither.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Shorty (the OP) You know I PUFFY :heart: YOU and your spirit and as long as your healthy and not hurting yourself then by all means go for it!

I read this today and it hit home- I have not always been so comfortable in my own skin so I really enjoyed this - read and enjoy
    http://www.beautyredefined.net/if-beauty-is-pain-is-it-worth-this-much-suffering/

That almost made me cry :( Very touching. Hit home very hard 4 me too.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    30 years ago I was 36-24-36 and that was a perfect size 9. I wonder what size I would be today with those measurements? Anyone know?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 125lbs. I'm 5'5 w/ a small frame, as I mentioned. That's normal weight for my height. My goal measurements are 35/24-26/34-36 I don't think it's unreasonable or unhealthy given my shape & stature.

That's my height and current weight, and I'm a 0. Have very small hips (34") so even when I was pushing 200lbs, I never wore any larger than a 14. My waist is 7 inches smaller than my hips, so I'll never be "curvy", but I wasn't when I was larger either!

I am also 5'5". When I was in my 20's I weighed 115 lbs and wore a size 5-7 jeans. I have wide hips. :ohwell:

ETA: I guess I should add that I was in my 20's in the 80's so sizes may have been different since I am now almost 40 lbs heavier and wear size 8 jeans.
  • Polebarbie
    Polebarbie Posts: 84
    Options
    I think size 0 and size 2 look beautiful. People seem to think being that skinny is unhealthy but so is being over weight
  • shorty35565
    Options
    30 years ago I was 36-24-36 and that was a perfect size 9. I wonder what size I would be today with those measurements? Anyone know?

Well my friend has a size 36" hips & in a big 6, almost a 4. My coach has 36" hips and in a 2. It depends on other factors as well I assume. I think my coach said her waist was 28" She's very thin & muscular.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    there is NOTHING at ALL wrong with wanting to be or being a size 2. I'm a size 2 and perfectly happy. When its all said and done and time to compete, I'll probably be in a size 0 again. Just to compete, but still. I'm more healthy now than I EVER have been. I am only in a size 2, because I lost 6% body fat. I was 24% and am now roughly 18%, looking to get down to 15% to compete. And, best part is, now I have curves!!!

Inspiration!!! I want to b 17% BF! You look great! What's ur height & weight?

Thanks! I'm 5'5" and 130 pounds.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is getting heated.

Why does the size of someones pants matter. Are you happy with your BF%. Are you happy with your appearance? Why does what others think of you matter. I've never paid much thought to what people think of me, the number on the scale or the size of my pants. I look at my BF% and LBM period. My goals are mine. They may not be the same as yours and thats ok. But to fight about the size of someones pants is just ridiculous to me.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I think size 0 and size 2 look beautiful. People seem to think being that skinny is unhealthy but so is being over weight

A lot of ppl who are 0 or 2 aren't even 'skinny', they're fit & lowered their BF%
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

A lot of ppl who are 0 or 2 aren't even 'skinny', they're fit & lowered their BF%

yes ma'am!
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think part of it depends on your height. My daughter is 5'4" and wears a 2 or a 4. She is thin, but curvy for her age. I would not want to see her any thinner than she is. So, if a person is about that tall, or a little shorter, then a size 0 or 2 would be doable. But, if you are any taller, you just might be risking your health.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is getting heated.

Why does the size of someones pants matter. Are you happy with your BF%. Are you happy with your appearance? Why does what others think of you matter. I've never paid much thought to what people think of me, the number on the scale or the size of my pants. I look at my BF% and LBM period. My goals are mine. They may not be the same as yours and thats ok. But to fight about the size of someones pants is just ridiculous to me.

Well, because it's costing taxpayers a lot of money for all these unhealthy people. If we're just being honest.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    there is NOTHING at ALL wrong with wanting to be or being a size 2. I'm a size 2 and perfectly happy. When its all said and done and time to compete, I'll probably be in a size 0 again. Just to compete, but still. I'm more healthy now than I EVER have been. I am only in a size 2, because I lost 6% body fat. I was 24% and am now roughly 18%, looking to get down to 15% to compete. And, best part is, now I have curves!!!

Inspiration!!! I want to b 17% BF! You look great! What's ur height & weight?

Thanks! I'm 5'5" and 130 pounds.

Ur my height! I'm 138 right now, but still pretty chubby. In my pictures I have a recent full body shot. I don't think 130 will do cuz of my frame. Do you think 125 or 120 would b good? I'm about to start CHalean extreme. So with that weight lifting & toning program, I'm going to pair it up w/ intense cardio program, Turbo Fire. I sure do hope I can get where I'm goin w/ tht. I'm not sure what my BF% is cuz I dont have calipers yet.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I agree, I'm a 8 but Im not happy with this size. Some people might call me crazy but being a size 8 is to big for me. I was a 0-4 last summer and was happy and content. It's all on what makes YOU feel good and NOT what others think of you.
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you want to be a size 0, that's your choice and nobody should call you shallow or silly because of it. HOWEVER make sure you know your body's limitations. Some people just can't achieve those sizes, even if they starve themselves (which is a terrible way to lose weight anyway.), so make sure you're setting goals you can actually reach, or you'll just be clawing at a number you can't actually achieve forever.
  • Flaming_Reef
    Flaming_Reef Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I also have to remember that you and a few of the other girls are only in your early twenties. Your brain isn't finished developing and you have no life experience. I was a big clueless dummy at that age too!!!!

You have got to be f*cking kidding me?
    Because being 40-something years old, makes you sooo superior.

Just report insulting posts instead of replying with an insult yourself.

Calling a thinner person a string bean and calling a larger person a cow can be equally insulting. Both have the ability to de-humanize by stigmitizing a person's body type. If the person takes it as an insult, for whatever reason, then apologize and move on.
This discussion has been closed.