What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My skinny size is a 9. My bones are just not small enough to be a 0 or 2. So that is not even an option for some people. If your bone structure is that little then go for it but its not possible for everyone.

By the way, my husband says it's not the size that matters, its the shape!
  • outinthesun2003
    Options
    When I first started I wore a womans 22 and my goal was a 14. Once I got to those 14's, they wernt good enough. I tried for an 8 and still not good enough. I now wear a 4 and couldnt be happier! TO each their own. As long as you are happy and healthy, roll with it!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the patience to read through all these, but I don't. I don't think I could ever be that skinny. I also would like to keep my boobs.

I had size 32D breasts when I was a size 0 at age 18. Size 0 doesn't automatically mean no fat on the body anywhere, some people are just built differently. My mother, who is 57, is a size 2 and wears a 36C.

Healthy and unhealthy both come in all shapes and sizes. I very well might be a size 2 when I reach my ideal body fat %. I am 5'3" with a small frame. Someone with a larger frame might be a size 8 at 20% body fat. Just depends on your frame.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit.

These 2 things are not mutually exclusive. You can be physically fit and still have curves. That being said, I do agree with the majority of your post. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size so long as it is HEALTHY. That's the key. A woman who is a size 2 but is anorexic is not healthy. I know that I will never be a size 2. I was a size 12 when I weighed 130 because of my hips. Each woman has to determine what is best for her and her body. If that's a size 2 then great and if that's a size 12 then that's great too. As long as the person is HEALTHY. None of us are exactly alike. That's what makes us special.

Agree!!

this!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

So, you can go around negating people's hard work by telling them they looked better before, but people can't make comments about big people? Get real.

How would you feel if once you're at goal, people say "Well, you could still lose like 30 lbs."

Coincidentally you are one of the two women that I thought looked much better in the before photo. You are the one that posted a picture looking for feedback, and I told you the truth (In MY personal opinion) I didn't say you looked bad before at all. And probably when I get to my goal there will be people that think I need to still lose more and probably people that think I am just perfect. I really don't care!!!! LOL And I don't go around saying this stuff to everyone like you imply. I freaking did it twice...and on people that completely went to the thin extreme.

I never said you said anyone looked bad before. What I'm saying is you are negating people's hard work (mine included) by stating they looked better before. Whether you did it once, or you did it twice - which I highly doubt it's only been twice - you still do it. Do not go around acting all high and mighty when you're just as rude as the rest. And who the hell even goes into a success thread and posts negative comments? I don't get how that seems right in your head.

Also, I did not go to the "thin extreme" get over yourself. My body is not one you want, that's perfectly fine. Just like yours is not one I'd ever want. Hence why people are individuals and can choose to look however they want.

I was on this thread defending the people that the OP was complaining about. Skinny people get really nasty when people talk about liking thicker and curvier girls, especially when men say that. It's like it pisses you off because being skinny is your "claim to fame" and you don't want being overweight to ever be accepted. You are right, I have no desire to have your body. I have other things going for me than having a good body. I am a good mom, wife, friend, I'm talented etc etc...Just because I state my opinion on here on the boards sometimes doesn't make me a nasty person. I try to be respectful, but when you and the same 3 or 4 girls constantly attack my opinion I get a little more defiant. You are skinny mean girls.

Being overweight shouldn't be accepted. Loving your body and having confidence in yourself regardless of your body, is something I admire in both skinny and bigger girls.

I am not saying you are not a good mother, wife or friend - I'm sure to those you get along with, you're amazing and a pleasure to have around. But when people are attacking others for their skinny frames, I get upset - obviously.

Being skinny is not my "claim to fame", nor do I truly understand how that has any relevance here. I am proud of my body, and proud of the work it took to get it back. And I will stand by those who have done the same (regardless of their size). I don't stand by when people are being bashed.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Responding to the original post: I think as long as you are losing weight in a healthy way and it's a healthy size for your body frame/height then more power to you! I'm 5'5' and I have a small-medium frame but I'm not sure if I would look good that small (but then again I've never been small lol). My sister (who is about 2 inches shorter than me) has always been on the smaller side. Heck at this point I'd be happy being a size 14! As long as I'm healthy and keeping up with a healthy lifestyle
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    When I first started I wore a womans 22 and my goal was a 14. Once I got to those 14's, they wernt good enough. I tried for an 8 and still not good enough. I now wear a 4 and couldnt be happier! TO each their own. As long as you are happy and healthy, roll with it!

If when I get where I'm going & I'm a 4, I won't complain at all :P. I still got a while to go, gotta lower my body fat%. I just know an 8 isn't cutting it & with how my belly is, I dont think a 6 will do it either. Of course these are Jr/Misses sizes I'm talking about. I'm in a women's size 4 right now.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I hate when people talk about size 0-2 being disgusting or unhealthy/sickly and like it's just awful. Sure, some people would look terrible at that size, but it suits a lot of people with small frames. I am now a size 00 in american eagle jeans and I don't think I look unhealthy or sickly. When I was a size 4 I looked terrible and flabby because of where I gain. Everyone's different!!

omg. we are the same person. haha, for real, this ^^ although, i am a 0 in american eagle, not a 00 ;) but i am 5'1" and i do NOT look "sickly" .. believe me, my mother would tell me and force feed me (i know this because one of my sisters had an ED years and years ago)
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't see why the number is such a big deal. Clothing sizes are different from label to label and inflated for that matter. You want to be a 2, then go for it. You want to be a 12, then go for it.

I am a size 0, maybe a 00, but at 5 ft with a small frame (not quite 32-22-34) it's not that ridiculous. There are men and women who probably think I am too small, but in the end the Mister is happy and I am happy. Not to mention it's hard to change genetics.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all of this but I will say the sizes are not the same as they use to be. I wear a 00 in american eagle jeans but it is because of the damn stretch. I couldn't get a 00 on if they don't have the stretch in them.

I am 5'3" and weigh 110 and my BMI is completely healthy at 19.5 =) So NOTHING wrong with being a 0 or a 2. I dont even care about the number on the scale or the size of my clothes I just like to feel good. Oh and I eat more food now this small then I did at 140lbs!! I am eating 2200 calories =)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    there is NOTHING at ALL wrong with wanting to be or being a size 2. I'm a size 2 and perfectly happy. When its all said and done and time to compete, I'll probably be in a size 0 again. Just to compete, but still. I'm more healthy now than I EVER have been. I am only in a size 2, because I lost 6% body fat. I was 24% and am now roughly 18%, looking to get down to 15% to compete. And, best part is, now I have curves!!!
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you're a petite person, a size 0 or 2 is a perfectly reasonable size to have as a goal. I am 4'11", and I used to be anywhere from a 0 - 4, and I plan on getting there again. Right now I am a size 8 - 10. Relatively speaking, that is not a large size, but for a shortie like me, at that size, I look like a meatball, and I don't want to look like a meatball, lol. It's all relative. Now, if we're talking someone who is 5'10", a size 0 - 2 would make them look emaciated. They would no more want to look emaciated than I want to look like a meatball.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a size 8 to a size 0. I am not unhealthy at all. I've heard a lot of people say that size 0 is "disgusting" but it's offensive to me. I am by no means disgusting looking. I look totally normal.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

So, you can go around negating people's hard work by telling them they looked better before, but people can't make comments about big people? Get real.

How would you feel if once you're at goal, people say "Well, you could still lose like 30 lbs."

Coincidentally you are one of the two women that I thought looked much better in the before photo. You are the one that posted a picture looking for feedback, and I told you the truth (In MY personal opinion) I didn't say you looked bad before at all. And probably when I get to my goal there will be people that think I need to still lose more and probably people that think I am just perfect. I really don't care!!!! LOL And I don't go around saying this stuff to everyone like you imply. I freaking did it twice...and on people that completely went to the thin extreme.

I never said you said anyone looked bad before. What I'm saying is you are negating people's hard work (mine included) by stating they looked better before. Whether you did it once, or you did it twice - which I highly doubt it's only been twice - you still do it. Do not go around acting all high and mighty when you're just as rude as the rest. And who the hell even goes into a success thread and posts negative comments? I don't get how that seems right in your head.

Also, I did not go to the "thin extreme" get over yourself. My body is not one you want, that's perfectly fine. Just like yours is not one I'd ever want. Hence why people are individuals and can choose to look however they want.

I was on this thread defending the people that the OP was complaining about. Skinny people get really nasty when people talk about liking thicker and curvier girls, especially when men say that. It's like it pisses you off because being skinny is your "claim to fame" and you don't want being overweight to ever be accepted. You are right, I have no desire to have your body. I have other things going for me than having a good body. I am a good mom, wife, friend, I'm talented etc etc...Just because I state my opinion on here on the boards sometimes doesn't make me a nasty person. I try to be respectful, but when you and the same 3 or 4 girls constantly attack my opinion I get a little more defiant. You are skinny mean girls.

I also have to remember that you and a few of the other girls are only in your early twenties. Your brain isn't finished developing and you have no life experience. I was a big clueless dummy at that age too!!!!

You have got to be f*cking kidding me?
    Because being 40-something years old, makes you sooo superior.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Responding to the original post: I think as long as you are losing weight in a healthy way and it's a healthy size for your body frame/height then more power to you! I'm 5'5' and I have a small-medium frame but I'm not sure if I would look good that small (but then again I've never been small lol). My sister (who is about 2 inches shorter than me) has always been on the smaller side. Heck at this point I'd be happy being a size 14! As long as I'm healthy and keeping up with a healthy lifestyle

I'm ur height & I'm the smallest I've ever been right now, so I'm just kinda winging it lol
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    If you're a petite person, a size 0 or 2 is a perfectly reasonable size to have as a goal. I am 4'11", and I used to be anywhere from a 0 - 4, and I plan on getting there again. Right now I am a size 8 - 10. Relatively speaking, that is not a large size, but for a shortie like me, at that size, I look like a meatball, and I don't want to look like a meatball, lol. It's all relative. Now, if we're talking someone who is 5'10", a size 0 - 2 would make them look emaciated. They would no more want to look emaciated than I want to look like a meatball.

While I agree with the petite person part, there are plenty of tall women who do not appear to be emaciated or unhealthy at small sizes. I don't think Adriana Lima, Miranda Kerr, or Alessandra Ambrosio appear to be emaciated or unhealthy, and they are all 5'9" or taller. Just because a person is tall doesn't mean they have a large frame.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    there is NOTHING at ALL wrong with wanting to be or being a size 2. I'm a size 2 and perfectly happy. When its all said and done and time to compete, I'll probably be in a size 0 again. Just to compete, but still. I'm more healthy now than I EVER have been. I am only in a size 2, because I lost 6% body fat. I was 24% and am now roughly 18%, looking to get down to 15% to compete. And, best part is, now I have curves!!!

Inspiration!!! I want to b 17% BF! You look great! What's ur height & weight?
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I've gone from a size 8 to a size 0. I am not unhealthy at all. I've heard a lot of people say that size 0 is "disgusting" but it's offensive to me. I am by no means disgusting looking. I look totally normal.

U look lovely! I don't see how they think it's wrong for skinny ppl to say things about them, but it's ok for them to call smaller ppl anorexic, beanpole, twigs, not curvy, not real women, or disgusting. It's a 2 way street here girls.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Shorty (the OP) You know I PUFFY :heart: YOU and your spirit and as long as your healthy and not hurting yourself then by all means go for it!

I read this today and it hit home- I have not always been so comfortable in my own skin so I really enjoyed this - read and enjoy
    http://www.beautyredefined.net/if-beauty-is-pain-is-it-worth-this-much-suffering/
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    I'm a size 0. Nothing great about it honestly. :I
This discussion has been closed.