Greek Yogart - how do you eat this stuff?!?

Options

Replies

• CanadianKid24
    CanadianKid24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At times - I add 1/4 cup to my smoothies
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I use it as a substitute for sour cream when I make homemade recipes that call for sour cream. That's it's only use to me.
  • CanadianKid24
    CanadianKid24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've never tasted greek yoghurt. What is the difference between this and normal yoghurt? (and taste difference)

you are in for a surprise :)
    you probably won't eat it by itself...thick and kind of tastes like sour cream.

a lot lower in calories and fat content ... plain old white!!!
  • I_KNOW_I_CAN
    Options
    mix with rasberries and 2 tsp of honey! DELICIOUSSSSSS! :)
  • vickilbrian14
    Options
    This is what I do, and I LOVE it. I buy the Fage plain zero fat yogurt. Then I put quite a lot of splenda in it (taste like McD's yogurt - yum!!) Then I crumble some low fat grahm crackers if I want a crunch. So good for you and if your really hungry, buy the bigger tub (2cups) and it a very filling sweet meal.
  • hermightychelle
    hermightychelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vico1612
    vico1612 Posts: 18
    Options
    a bit of fresh mint, white pepper and cucumber ...
    Yummy :-)
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of chocolate protein powder in it with a cup of sliced strawberries and it is delicious!

This sounds so good!
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I get the plain Oikos kind that's already in the cup (The 80 calorie one) and I add in Splenda and cinnamon. It tastes sooo heavenly ♥
  • bgonza07
    bgonza07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is the best and I don't eat anything else. You you prefer to buy the plain yogurt, add a tsp. or 2 of honey or fresh fruit or berries. I buy mine with fruit on the bottom.
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is the best and I don't eat anything else. You you prefer to buy the plain yogurt, add a tsp. or 2 of honey or fresh fruit or berries. I buy mine with fruit on the bottom.

This...I love blackberries and a tsp of honey in my Fage.
  • tangoa24
    tangoa24 Posts: 27
    Options
    I've found the Chobani and Fage with fruit on the bottom/side are the best. Just pick whichever fruit you like the most. I personally love the ones with peach...it really sweetens it up without being too sugary.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    I love it plain or with fruit or honey. I also like to put it over my flax seed waffles in with a little honey and berries. For a good desert I would do almond slivers and dark chocolate chips with a little vanilla. Dark chocolate chips are a little sweeter then coco powder.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eat it plain, or put some berries or unsweetened jam into it. Maybe a bit of honey, if you're fine with a little extra sugar.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    After 3 months of not eating any sugar or sweetener, the Fage Plain Greek Yogurt tastes pretty good :smile:

However, as one person here said, you might be better off using the yogurt as an extremely healthy, high protein savory dip for veggies. The previous comment mentioned a garlic and herb dip; here's a different dip:

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/04/caramelized-onion-greek-yogurt-dip/
  • nifer1029
    nifer1029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I warm up some frozen berries (I like trader joe's mixed berries) and top it with that.

I also like to spread it on top of a multigrain or banana waffle.

I mix it with lemon juice, finely chopped cucumber and mashed garlic and some salt to make a quick, simple tatziki.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i had some this morning so good... i used plain greek yogurt either chobani or fage 0% fat. My favorite is mixing it with sliced bananas and sliced strawberries add 1 tb original fiber one cereal and one stevia packet. Since i had banana in my oatmeal this morning i decided to just have 1/2 cup sliced strawberries with 2 tb fiber one ...soooo good :) or like others said i substitute it for sour cream or instead of mayo in tuna i use greek yogurt!
  • elispine
    elispine Posts: 23
    Options
    I mix mine with Peach Mango Chipolte Salsa!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    With a spoon or with a straw (if i mixed into my protein smoothie)
  • Zaetalicious
    Zaetalicious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't. I hate yogurt. :)