Red High Heels Group Week 3

Options
167891012»

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    go talk a walk to work it off and calm your emotions!

sometimes I purposely eat a high calorie meal to mess with my metabolism....last night was pizza, garlic knots and greek salad - YUMMMY but only once in a while!
  • samantha115
    Options
    I wish that was a treat. It was gross. Maybe if it was tasty. Ive really got to let it go. I ate it now I have to deal with my consequences. Im breathing. Ill be calm soon....... im going to start my om mantra now.

thats awesome that you don't associate it with a treat. shows a true lifestyle change.

I didnt even realize, until you said it, that I didnt see it as a treat. Wow. Im glad you said that. The craving I had for a good hamburger is gone now. I dont know if want hamburgers anymore now. Wow I like you. I love this site the people here are freaking awesome.

chrissyh-i like the idea of messing with my metabolism, i do think that eating a high calorie meal is a great way for me to treat myself and keep my body guessing. i like you too.....oh i need to add im jealous that you ate pizza.:happy:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i am sooooo excited and i LOVE LOVE LOVE OUR GROUP!!! we rock...and u know what else makes me so happy?!?!...if u think about it our group hasnt been going that long...but look everyone has lost weight on their tickers!!!!! WE ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 more weeks and check ins until halloween .... i am lowering my goal of 2 lbs lost in a week to 1 lbs (Not saying im going to complain if i were to lose over a pound) lol its just the new goal im setting for myself...that would mean 12 lbs by halloween which would mean....i'd only be 5 away from my goal weight instead of 17!!!! CMONNNN CHICAS!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! everyones doing great just keep up the good work :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    We can do it!!!!! I am toying with changing my goals around - maybe doing a week at 1200 calories and then back to my 1400....just to mess with my metabolism a bit! Too late to start it today since I had fajitas for lunch - maybe....still pondering....
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I REALLY wish I could say that I lost this week!! I think it's mostly water weight... well at least I'm very HOPEFUL!! I gained the 3 lbs that I had lost, but I can't bring myself to adding them back onto my ticker!!! How bad is that?? I went to Buffalo for a couple days and I wasn't drinking the water that I usually do... AND I ate Vietnamese (can we say sodium? :grumble: ) but it was good :tongue: AND I had 4 beers, or was it 5!!! :drinker: VERY GOOD when you're sweating up a storm on the golf course!!!
  • samantha115
    Options
    I am very proud of everyone and to all of our success! We are an amazing group!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I wish that was a treat. It was gross. Maybe if it was tasty. Ive really got to let it go. I ate it now I have to deal with my consequences. Im breathing. Ill be calm soon....... im going to start my om mantra now.

thats awesome that you don't associate it with a treat. shows a true lifestyle change.

I didnt even realize, until you said it, that I didnt see it as a treat. Wow. Im glad you said that. The craving I had for a good hamburger is gone now. I dont know if want hamburgers anymore now. Wow I like you. I love this site the people here are freaking awesome.

chrissyh-i like the idea of messing with my metabolism, i do think that eating a high calorie meal is a great way for me to treat myself and keep my body guessing. i like you too.....oh i need to add im jealous that you ate pizza.:happy:

i like you too and everyone here, i am *****ing and moaning more than anything most of the time, but i guess i am just like that about achieving my goals, and everyone here is always so supportive and understanding! must be the love of the shoes :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    i am sooooo excited and i LOVE LOVE LOVE OUR GROUP!!! we rock...and u know what else makes me so happy?!?!...if u think about it our group hasnt been going that long...but look everyone has lost weight on their tickers!!!!! WE ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 more weeks and check ins until halloween .... i am lowering my goal of 2 lbs lost in a week to 1 lbs (Not saying im going to complain if i were to lose over a pound) lol its just the new goal im setting for myself...that would mean 12 lbs by halloween which would mean....i'd only be 5 away from my goal weight instead of 17!!!! CMONNNN CHICAS!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! everyones doing great just keep up the good work :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I think that's not a good idea. 2lbs a week is too high when you don't have much to lose. That's why you read about all the people that are doing everything "right" and aren't losing. Our bodies like fat so trying to lose too fast will just cause your body to hold onto it.

Chrissyh- Have thought about zig-zaging your calories?
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

I think that's not a good idea. 2lbs a week is too high when you don't have much to lose. That's why you read about all the people that are doing everything "right" and aren't losing. Our bodies like fat so trying to lose too fast will just cause your body to hold onto it.

I am thinking about doing this too. I'm at a mini plateau like stage and it's really starting to discourage me. I hate bouncing between the same 4 pounds for weeks at a time. I might need to shock my system a little bit to get my metabolism working again. :ohwell:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I am thinking about doing this too. I'm at a mini plateau like stage and it's really starting to discourage me. I hate bouncing between the same 4 pounds for weeks at a time. I might need to shock my system a little bit to get my metabolism working again. :ohwell:

Try this website. After you calculate you calories, click "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)" under your results and it will tell you how many to eat each day of the week.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • chrissyh
    Options

Try this website. After you calculate you calories, click "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)" under your results and it will tell you how many to eat each day of the week.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I swear looking at what I've eaten, I sorta already do this but maybe I still have too many Low days - I've had that problem before - that's why I want to try to be dead on with 1270 a day and eating exercise calories - I am starting it today!!! We'll see how this week goes with it.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I swear looking at what I've eaten, I sorta already do this but maybe I still have too many Low days - I've had that problem before - that's why I want to try to be dead on with 1270 a day and eating exercise calories - I am starting it today!!! We'll see how this week goes with it.

I just eat my goal weight maintenance calories and use exercise to give me the extra weight loss umph.
  • chels0
    chels0 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am back ladies!! I let life take over and haven't logged in in forever! I just copied this weeks challenges and sent it out to my gal pals and posted it on my desk.