If you could go back 10 years...

Options

Replies

• gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you had a magic capsule and could go back 10 years.. you grab yourself at the shoulders look into your face and yell....???

Current me to 10 years ago me: PUT DOWN THE FORK AND STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE!!!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Don't get married till you are over 30 and enjoy the peace and quiet. Also don't worry about the future and go for the guy who holds doors not grudges
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Going back 10 years I would be 16.... I would tell myself several things:

1--Leave this a-hole alone..... in a few short months you will meet the man of your dreams.
    2--Leave these group of so called friends alone. Once you graduate you will never here from them again. They will wind up causing you more harm than good.
    3--REMAIN ACTIVE....Don't think bc you have a cute little shape now that you will keep it forever....don't eat out all the time.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    finish school you crazy ACE so you don't have to do so late.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You're going to go through the hardest part of your life and not see it coming BUT you will make it through and when you do you will find yourself again and be a stronger person than you would have ever imagined. Don't lose faith! <3
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    I would be 12...
    Get help for you anxiety problems, go out for cheerleading, get out of the house more. And even if you're still miserable and exhausted at the beginning of 10th grade, don't quit. Not for educations sake, but for your social life. Oh, and stop friend-zoning your best guy friend, we know he likes you, and he actually turns out to be pretty handsome. And for the love of god, speak up when your brother asks for your and your families opinion on marrying that worthless waste of air.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Exercise NOW, keep active when you're pregnant and start losing the baby weight sooner. It's really hard the older you get.
  • rhi_hope
    rhi_hope Posts: 12
    Options
    If you had a magic capsule and could go back 10 years.. you grab yourself at the shoulders look into your face and yell....???

You're a good person, and I love you just the way you are! Don't change for anybody.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I would punch myself in the face and yell...."You have no idea what your rocking! Be proud of that AMAZING body you have. In a few years, you'll regret all the negative things you've said about yourself, and would KILL to have the body you have now!"

God i was such a dumb *kitten*
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You're cute. You'll find a way to accept your body.
    But when mom said you didn't need braces.. get a second opinion.
    Your teeth look awesome in theory, but the upper-bite is annoying and you know it.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Have another baby AND go back to work to a full-time job!
  • cinole1706
    cinole1706 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hmm.. To my 11 year old self,
    Be more social. And active. You like your friends and everything, but get out and do stuff. You might have avoided years of reasons that brought you to this website. Also, be louder to people other than family and friends. Everyone thinks you're quiet, but we both know the truth.
    On the other hand, you know what, stay the same. Everything turns out just fine regardless of the bumps in the road. :)
  • Starklover
    Starklover Posts: 57
    Options
    Lets see I would have been 12 so...

1. Dont let that *****y hag of a volleyball coach scare you out of playing volleyball again... you may not be able tos erve overhand yet, but soon you will have a killer serve!
    2. Your first day of school, in 7th grade, someone will ask you if you are pregnant... dont freak you turn out to be really good friends and the person who started the rumor actually ends up pregnant in 8th grade.
    3. There is nothing wrong with your best friend being a guy, and even is people start to rag about you about you guys dating, dont give him up... you will regret it!
    4. Make up with Michelle already...
    5. Dont give up on your dreams... and never settle for less than you are worth just because you are one of the "pretty, thin, popular ones" You are amazing, have amazing talents, and end up with the most amazing man and children! Life for you will be good!!!
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    10 years ago I did just this - I grabbed myself by the shoulders and screamed at myself (in my head so the neighbors didn't call the cops) to get out of the marriage I was in and build a better life for myself and my son. I've done just that. A lot of other "things" happened, but I found my way out of them.

Good question!

Now, if I could go back 15 or 20 years???????
  • tsolomon75
    tsolomon75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would yell... you don't have to rush to get married!!! Enjoy the single life with no kids...
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    1) There is more to life then getting your PhD. Get out there and enjoy life.
    2) Get out of my comfort zone and move away. It will be scary at the beginning but the discovery of what is out there in the world is just amazing.
    3) Stop spending late nights at the hospital, get out their and start moving.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't know it yet, but you are going to have ANOTHER kid at 40. Get cranking on your bod NOW and do NOT stop..
    and for the dumbass you are married to, no worries, he'll be gone.. he's leaving you for your friend!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Keep the baby, lose the babydaddy.

THAT!
  • 1blueeyedbear
    1blueeyedbear Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Hey dumbass have a sleep study done, lose weight and leave that redhead alone she's gonna leave you broke and broken!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    enjoy your time with the kids more, they grow up too fast. Stop just surviving and start living. Go back to school and move closer to the ocean!