Polygamy, Your thoughts.

Options

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    One wife is plenty...plus, how many sets of in-laws do you need to deal with???
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    The reason you could not share your husband ... you were raised with the "notion" that it's OK for a woman to have a positive sense of self worth. It's OK for you to feel that your are equal to a man.

Girls raised in polygamy are not taught this. If a woman who share's her husband is jealous ... the woman has a problem. She's the bad guy. It's not like "Big Love" ... girls raised in this environment are taught they are second class citizens.

that is also how girls are raised in the middle east, even Mexice (the oldest boy of the family gets no discipline and is revered) it's someone else's culture. I feel lucky I was born in america, I feel lucky I was raised Wiccan and not brainwashed by a Christian family - there's many who don't agree with that. Everyone will never agree on everything.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    what is cracking me up here is everyone assuming the relationship would be one man with multiple wives. I have friends in my life where it is one woman and two men. It's not about the men sharing the woman. They all love (and enjoy) each other equally.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Just my luck that I would get 4 women to go along with this idea and then their TOM didn't synch up. Every week there would be one woman p*ssed off.

LOL

LOL, My husband thinks its crazy to have more than one women. He said they would just gang up on him and it would be hell. lol
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Live and let live.

However, for me personally, there's no way I could ever share my partner or share myself with other men.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to disappoint two women?

Oh and I'm a greedy *kitten*. I don't share well.
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I couldn't care less...as long as everyone involved is of age.

That being said, I don't think it is for me.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm for it!!!

Many women to choose from. More women means more children which means the man better have a GREAT job. Womens work is done at home in this sort of system.
  • catsnjama
    catsnjama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Imagine being able to have many husbands who are skilled in different trades! Things might finally get done around a house :P
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Consenting adults can do what they want.

Adults = 18+ not 12 year olds

My only other problem with it is that if you have 12 wives and 48 kids then you should pay to have 12 wives and 48 kids. you shouldn't have 11 wives collecting WIC and Welfare and anything else they can.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I could never share my man, I'd have to cut a *****.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If four women want to live in the same house together and share a man, then they can have at it. I don't care. Much luck to them. Agree with the others that the government should stay out of it.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The reason you could not share your husband ... you were raised with the "notion" that it's OK for a woman to have a positive sense of self worth. It's OK for you to feel that your are equal to a man.

Girls raised in polygamy are not taught this. If a woman who share's her husband is jealous ... the woman has a problem. She's the bad guy. It's not like "Big Love" ... girls raised in this environment are taught they are second class citizens.
    Maybe in polygamous relationships as practiced by certain religions, but that doesn't have to be true.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with consenting adults getting down any way their sick little hearts desire.
    Polygamy is in part so taboo because in it's practice hay day it married very young girls (12-14) to much older men without true choice and while forcing many of the young men out of the communities to save the girls for the old creepers. There was quite a bit of brainwashing, rape, and very little true freedom for many of the women/girls in those communities.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If It is okay for a guy to marry or be with how man girls he wants, I would hope I could do the opposite and get married to or be with as many guys as I would like. But it isnt hurting me and if they have talked trough the situation and are consenting ADULTS then it is up to them. But what guy in his right mind would have to deal with 2 or more PMS'ing, menopause-ing women.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

My only other problem with it is that if you have 12 wives and 48 kids then you should pay to have 12 wives and 48 kids. you shouldn't have 11 wives collecting WIC and Welfare and anything else they can.

I agree with this statement also
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

Great points here.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

I know its like that in some families.. but (and I know they may act different for the cameras) the family on "sister wives" seem perfectly normal.. no degrading the women, a lot of the wives work... they really don't seem that different from the dynamics of most of the families I know.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Just my luck that I would get 4 women to go along with this idea and then their TOM didn't synch up. Every week there would be one woman p*ssed off.

One out of four pissed at all times is better than four at once...
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Great point on the welfare! It's certainly burdensome on the public system if it were abused in this way.