Polygamy, Your thoughts.

Options

Replies

• kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    I'd be totally cool with seeing different guys at once. Same with a boyfriend doing it too.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Id be more than happy with another man around (lol!), but Im far too jealous to share my husband with another woman.

I dont think its any of the government's or our business if its consenting adults... Apparently the abuse rate is higher, but they said the same thing about gay marriage, too.

Assuming that statistic is true, the abuse rate is probably higher because polygamous relationships are currently "fringe" relationships and have a significantly higher incidence in cults which involve forced underage marriages and coercion. If polygamy was mainstream and considered legitimate, that statistic would probably vanish as a natural result of a higher percentage of willing/voluntary polygamous marriages.

It's kinda like saying the incidence of criminal behavior is higher among illegal drug users - well of course it is. If doing the drug is criminal, 100% of drug users are engaging in criminal behavior.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    More the merrier...:bigsmile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    while it isn't my gig, I get and respect why it would be someone else's.To each his or her or their own.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    My spouse can be with whomever she wants to be with, and I will not care a single bit. I am not her owner, keeper, boss. It would not change how I feel about her.

If she brings me turkey or chicken bacon, I will divorce her.
  • _TWLOHA_
    _TWLOHA_ Posts: 26
    Options
    If everyone is happy in the relationship then I don't care. You shouldn't HAVE to marry anyone you don't want to. I don't know much about it but I know in some places the girls are married off as young as 13. That is SICK. 40 year old men should not be marring 13yr olds.

Plus I don't get why any guy would want multiple wives. Yeah lots of sex but also lots of nagging and that is a whole lot of periods. Plus one man having to keep 3+ women sexually satisfied. BURNOUT. LOL

Guess I never thought of it the other way around. 1 woman a few men. Nah. That is way to much. Maybe other chicks are down and thats fine. I don't have enough of a sexual apatite for 1 man much less 3+

What about 2 women and 2 men. That would make life easier and you can always explore the other way. WIN!
  • KamiKimi
    KamiKimi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ...do we want submissive doormat women? do we want girls raised in this thinking they should be a doormat? boys raised to think their king of the castle?

Sorry, but I think we already teach those very ideas with many TV shows, movies, books, and music.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It's not for me... I'm too possessive of my hubby. He says having one wife is all he can handle. He's very happy with just one spouse.
    I'm not against it though, as long as everyone is happy and okay with it in the relationship. I wouldn't consider it cheating because all the other gals in the party would know about it and such. I don't think it's a problem.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Having all the women would be great....until they sinc up...then fantasy over!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think about how nice it would be to have another wife to help with everything. Then I realize what I want is just a live-in housekeeper/chef/babysitter.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to share my husband with another woman (or multiple women). But, I don't have a problem with it. It's not something I totally understand, but if all parties involved are consenting adults and they are happy, who am I to say it's wrong? I wouldn't marry another woman, but that doesn't mean I think gay marriage is wrong. I think all these "one man, one woman" restriction on marriage are stupid. Consenting adults should be free to marry other consenting adults no matter what their gender or how many of them there are.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of an episode of the Addams Family...

Morticia: Gomez, do you know what the punishment is for bigamy?

Gomez: Yes. Two wives!

:laugh:

It was hard enough for me to find ONE person I wanted to spend my life with, and while our relationship is pretty effortless, I can't imagine the balancing act of trying to please/appease/satisfy multiple partners.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Not for me.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    their life their choices

(sorry if this bad grammar)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've starting feeling like, as long as people are happy and aren't causing harm to others, let them live their damn lives. Regardless if they're gay, polygamists, Mormons, whatever. People should be allowed to be happy - no one should infringe on that (as long as there's no harm being caused.)

What she said. I personally couldn't be in a polygamist marriage, but if someone else chooses to do so who am I to judge? As long as they are consenting adults and happy.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    2+ mother-in-laws = FAIL!! :-0

Hahaha I never thought about that!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I however agree that 1 mommy, 1 daddy, is the best environment for a child.

If I may ask, why?

I know this is a very common belief. But I just want to know why people think that. I could prove it wrong 8 different ways from Sunday. But everyone always says it and I just always wonder why...

Because both religion and society (often these go hand and hand depending on where you live) have pounded this into our heads from the time were were old enough to say "mama" and "dada"
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ...do we want submissive doormat women? do we want girls raised in this thinking they should be a doormat? boys raised to think their king of the castle?

EXACTLY!! ban the Bronte sisters!! ... wait, what?
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    O here, please, let me be the one with the backwoods opinion. It's disgusting, as far as sanitation goes...well let me not go there *gags* gives their children a seriously warped sense of life, no stable self appreciating woman could be in that relationship, and it's ultimately all about the man...I mean what century are we in here? And I won't be arguing, so to everyone that decides they should tell me I have no business telling other people what makes them happy, please don't waste your time b/c I'm not even going to recheck to see the response I get....I've read enough of these I know what it will be.
    I am so sick and tired of people acting as though there is nothing morally right or wrong; just whatever makes you happy.....morally polygamy is WRONG (oh no did someone say there can still be something WRONG is this world, how dare me) I mean what if i think stealing makes me happy? Why should the government or anyone be allowed to tell me that I can't do that? Come on, it makes me happy and it's only me on this whole huge planet so don't you dare tell me stealing is off limits to me...it might be for you...but not for me because while it might make you feel guilty, it makes me soooo happy... GET REAL! You're not a one person world here for your happiness.
    Some "personal" decisions effect society as a whole when they're allowed to run rampant (because some people are so far gone their personal right and wrong meter is BROKE).....so let's think of the good of society...do we want submissive doormat women? do we want girls raised in this thinking they should be a doormat? boys raised to think their king of the castle? and let's not forget DISEASE!!! For such an educated, medicinally & technologically advanced country there are some really idiotic thinking (or lack there of) going on. Please enjoy roasting me

^^ THIS ^^ Although, I would have chosen my words a little nicer, to make more people happy =)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about it being equal among the sexes? Could a woman have more than one husband or is it just for the men? I can't see a man being able to share a woman in the way that some of the women who live this lifestyle share a husband. My husband notices every single guy who looks at me, I think he'd have a coronary if he had to share me.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i am allllll for it. Help raising kids, household assistance, built in playmates for my kiddos... yes please! PLUS, there's always a babysitter around so you can get a bit of 1 on 1 time with the hubs. i don't get laid near enough as it is, so cutting down on that would suck, but if we could find a few bi poly girls...

Also - If i could find a few guys down for this, i'd be ALL IN.