Do you believe in 'soulmate' concept?

Options

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    There is some evidence that points to the fact that humans actually have way more non-verbal signals than we are aware of. Don't you ever wonder how you are sitting there thinking about a long lost friend...something you are doing reminds you of them, maybe a song, maybe a situation, and all of the sudden, out of the blue, they show up in your life? I think most everyone has. Some people say it's just by chance. I don't think it is at all. Science can't define this, but it exists. It happens to me all the time. I know it happens, just like I know that love happens...just like I know soul mates exist. It's something that science can't really define yet. But, it is real.

that is called 'divine intervention'
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    when i was younger, yes. now that im getting older i tend to view that as sort of on 'disney fairytale princess' side of things. it just doesnt exist.

i also dont call romantic relationships, relationships... lol, to me they are partnerships. it is work. sometimes its not beautiful and fun like in the movies.

its hard work. and yes im in a partnership, with a man whom i believe i can spend the rest of my life with and not kill. now thats love.
  • beauty2323
    beauty2323 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :blushing: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:
    I'm currently married to my soul mate. He was my Junior High School sweetheart and we lost our virginity to each other. :happy:

Anyway, we partied ways after two years and reunited in March 2009. Got married in 2011! I can't even tell you how happy & in love I am.
    I feel you can only truly love ONE person. I feel we all have a chance to end up with our soul mate but we mess it up. LOVE/ Relationships/ Marriage is definitely not easy. You fight, it's never going to be perfect but you still love them & fight another day!!!

That's the problem nowadays people don't want to put the effort in, people don't take the risk, & they let love pass them by.

It's about being considerate, letting your guard down, & letting them win (sometimes.) :wink: You got to respect each other, LISTEN, & never go to bed angry.

If your ready & want love it will come..... never give up!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”
    ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

:drinker: sums it up for me
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    If by soulmate you mean the type presented in the speech by Aristophanes in Plato's "Symposium" then...no.

If by soulmate you mean the type presented in highly romanticised versions of love adopted in the last 60 years or so by Western Societies then...no.

If by soulmate you mean meeting a person you can connect with on a mental, emotional and sexual level over a long period of time then...yes.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If by soulmate you mean the type presented in the speech by Aristophanes in Plato's "Symposium" then...no.

If by soulmate you mean the type presented in highly romanticised versions of love adopted in the last 60 years or so by Western Societies then...no.

If by soulmate you mean meeting a person you can connect with on a mental, emotional and sexual level over a long period of time then...yes.

nice answer. i think there are a number of people out there that fit into #3 for each of us. are we all going to end up with one of them? no way. some of us? probably. the majority of us? i doubt it.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I believe that there is someone out there who will make you feel amazing, special, loved, wanted and adored. Who will fill your every thought, invade your dreams, and walk with you side by side in life. Unfortunately, we dont always meet those people. And sometimes when we do, the feelings are only one way which is even harder.....Sometimes we meet them but dont realise it, or they dont realise it. Its a tricky thing, this thing called love!

I believe this...I still think about him to this day. Just random things happen and I think about that time. I keep trying to quit thinking about it, or keeping myself busy with other things...it just doesn't work.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I believe in soul mates but that you may or may not end up with them. Just my thoughts.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I believe that there is someone out there who will make you feel amazing, special, loved, wanted and adored. Who will fill your every thought, invade your dreams, and walk with you side by side in life. Unfortunately, we dont always meet those people. And sometimes when we do, the feelings are only one way which is even harder.....Sometimes we meet them but dont realise it, or they dont realise it. Its a tricky thing, this thing called love!

I believe this...I still think about him to this day. Just random things happen and I think about that time. I keep trying to quit thinking about it, or keeping myself busy with other things...it just doesn't work.

That "one" does EXACTLY this^ that person invades EVERY thought, dream etc. and no matter what you do you can't make the thought of them go away, this is especially frustrating if you are not "together" or it isn't the "right time". You only know this feeling once you have experienced it, "when you know, you just know" < if you understand that quote to a T I think that you have met your soulmate.
  • yobritta
    yobritta Posts: 1
    Options
    I think people change so much over time..it's nearly impossible for 2 people to grow, mature, and change.... yet not grow apart...and stay together and sustain love, respect, trust, attraction on all levels......
    I think very very very few people will have a relationship with someone they consider a soul mate in life...those are some very luck people that do!

I can relate to this^, I've been married almost 18 years, I knew from the start that he was the one and still the one, however, since I'm trying to change myself, I'm finding that he is very content, and this is starting to bother me
  • darthanubis
    darthanubis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is a notion for women and children.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    No. If there was someone out there for me he would have shown up before I got all bitter. Then again, maybe he's like the dwarves in WoW, who like their women like their beer, stout and bitter! In which case, he'll be along any day now.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yes. My soulmate is my husband. We are very different, had complete opposite childhoods, yet we get along perfectly. Sappy as it sounds, were best friends, and after almost 7 years together, we've never had a fight. Does that mean that no other man on earth could make me happy? Probably not. But I think my husband I were made for eachother.

Alright....sappyness over!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I did, then we broke up...

Ditto
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”

:indifferent: that is so perfect..i can't even......I Have to read this book now
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    This!
    I believe there's at least one person out there for everyone.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Yes--absolutely. I believe that you can achieve some degree of "happiness" with someone less than ideal but with a soulmate every fiber of your being is transported to a euphoric place when you're with them. The most miserable or annoying times in their presence is better than the best times without them. You ache to be near them when you're apart and are overcome with joy when you're together.

I think there's always going to be rough patches in a relationship--soul mate or not--but with your soul mate you have no inclination to walk away or give up. That is how you know it's real. In the past the hard times were not worth putting up with. It was perfect or nothing--I didn't LOVE them enough to put up with the tough times. Now I see those challenges as a testament of our love for one another. I'd never walk away. NEVER. (Barring infidelity which he would not do)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Honestly... I prefer to believe that if things didn't work out, then they probably were NOT my soulmate. I mean if it is so easy for a soul mate to NOT realize that they are your soul mate, then what is the purpose of a soul mate in the first place. If someone is your soul mate, then you both know it.

Of course, I haven't found mine so I can't really speak on the subject. That is just my opinion.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

:indifferent: that is so perfect..i can't even......I Have to read this book now

This is the only experience I have ever had with a soul mate.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    your soulmate is just your nemesis that hasnt flipped to the dark side yet.