Do you believe in 'soulmate' concept?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My husband of 23 years and I have actually had this discussion. We don't believe in soulmates. We are not a perfect match. It has taken years of giving, taking, compromising, and even a short term separation to get where we are now. Also, neither of us believes if we hadn't met each other that neither of us would have found someone else.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    No.

I believe there is more than one person whom you are compatible with and with whom you could be happy for the rest of your life. I don't think there is just one person for everyone. I think the idea of soul mates or ONE true love is kind of ridiculous.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in Soulmates, however, I do believe we meet different people at different times of our lives for a reason. Not so much fate, but because they are there to help or guide us through whatever stage of life we are at. Whether they be friends, spouses, acquaintances, work colleagues etc.

You connect with different people on different levels.

As far as soulmates in a relationship sense, I think when you find that special someone, if you really connect on a lot of levels, then yes, you could say you were meant to be together for as long as it lasts.