Do you believe in 'soulmate' concept?

Options

Replies

• Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”
    ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

:drinker: sums it up for me

^^Absolutely agree with this^^ I wish there was an easier way to realize it's time to let go without feeling so much pain =\
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I believe that there is someone out there who will make you feel amazing, special, loved, wanted and adored. Who will fill your every thought, invade your dreams, and walk with you side by side in life. Unfortunately, we dont always meet those people. And sometimes when we do, the feelings are only one way which is even harder.....Sometimes we meet them but dont realise it, or they dont realise it. Its a tricky thing, this thing called love!

I believe this...I still think about him to this day. Just random things happen and I think about that time. I keep trying to quit thinking about it, or keeping myself busy with other things...it just doesn't work.

Honestly... I prefer to believe that if things didn't work out, then they probably were NOT my soulmate. I mean if it is so easy for a soul mate to NOT realize that they are your soul mate, then what is the purpose of a soul mate in the first place. If someone is your soul mate, then you both know it.

Of course, I haven't found mine so I can't really speak on the subject. That is just my opinion.

At that time, it wasn't the *right* time to be together. I was going thru a lot of crappy stuff, and didn't want to make him deal with it. if we were meant to be together, we will cross paths again one day, not holding out for it, but I'm ready for it if it does.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I never did before, but I'm starting to.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I believe in the concept that we all have a few people that come in to our lives that touch our souls or connect with us very deeply. I don't think it means "this is the person you should marry" or anything.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    No, I don't. Yes, we can find people we are highly compatible with, but people change. You can choose to stick it out despite those changes and work to grow together, but no. I don't believe in soulmates.

Then again, I am not a romantic person.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Yes. I believe I met my soulmate and the other half of me. We were together since we were 13, he died 2 months ago aged 25. I believe he'll be there when my time comes and regardless of whether I ever meet anyone else, I'll be with him again some day x

Also i think the people who answer no to this, haven't met theirs so wouldn't know!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I don't buy into the concept, at all.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you can find someone who is a nearly perfect match for your "soul" but no, I don't think it's destiny and that there's only one for each person.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I do not believe in soulmates. I believe that if you really love somebody, you both do what's in the best interest of that relationship.Partners build each other up through their support and love. But the concept of there being a ying for everybody's yang.....no, i dont.

This
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    "concept" or belief? two different ideals all together.

Purely simple answer for me....YES. And I was blessed to have shared 7 years together.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Not everyone is so fortunate to find that person, or to find them at the right time in life... but for those who do, they are so lucky. Had I not seen this happen in real life, I might not have believed it.
  • jac264
    jac264 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yes, but there are many. And i plan on finding ALL of them ;)
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I believe in true love and that there is someone out there for everyone. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I do not however believe you have to marry your soulmate. I met my soulmate years ago, he is my best friend. That is is.. just my best friend. We tried dating - it totally didnt work out for various reasons.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't think you always end up with your soul mate though.
    This!! He has been my best friend since we were kids. A relationship never worked for us but he still is a huge part of my life!
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think that there is someone out there that your soul speaks to. I don't think that it necessarily has to be your spouse, or SO. It's the person that your soul connects with.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I believe I have found mine in Caroline. I definitely believe in fate, etc. The odds of us meeting and coming together would have to be astronomical otherwise.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Nope. My soul is quite complete all by itself, thank you very much :tongue: But I am willing to concede that I might be a bit weird. (only 'might', mind you :wink: )

I LOVE THIS. Thank you for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • Geniepear
    Geniepear Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes, but sometimes you never find them. You can find someone who is very close but, finding your true soulmate is hard.