The awkward moment at the restroom/locker room

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to a YWCA in Boston area that had certain times when women (only) could swim in the nude.
  • littlecompton
    Options
    I don't criticize others for being free with their body, so I would hope that they would respect my modesty.

How in the world would a person who is minding their own business, changing their clothes, going to know anything about your "modesty"?

It's easy.... just look in the other direction if someone's naked body makes you uncomfortable. Either that, or stay out of the locker rooms.
  • littlecompton
    Options
    I don't criticize others for being free with their body, so I would hope that they would respect my modesty.

How in the world would a person who is minding their own business, changing their clothes, going to know anything about your "modesty"?

It's easy.... just look in the other direction if someone's naked body makes you uncomfortable. Either that, or stay out of the locker rooms.

I didn't mean that they shouldn't change in front of me. I realize that nudity is the norm for locker rooms, and I am in the minority regarding my own personal modesty. I meant that they shouldn't post nasty comments just because someone feels differently from them. Wow. You kind of proved my point.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    OP deactivated. It's just boobies and vasheenas, people. Get over it.

You have got to be kidding me??? Over this? Wow.

Maybe someone sent her a nude pic and she had to throw away her computer.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    Once I got over being annoyed by the OPs comment, the thread was quite funny.

I'm amazed at how many folks use the word "shocked" when referring to seeing someone nekkid in a locker room. Considering that is what they are for, the most I would expect is "surprised" because maybe you had your eyes closed while washing your face and open your eyes to someone RIGHT THERE... or having your mind elsewhere and turning around BAM there is nekkid in your face. It shouldn't bother you (shocked) it is just unexpected AT THAT MOMENT (surprise).

I wish us North Americans didn't cling so dearly to artifacts of the Victorian Era regarding nudity and sexuality. I think we associate nudity with sexual when that shouldn't be the case. Europeans seem (in a sweeping generalization) to be more open to it all. Just look at how they behave and what is on their billboards and commercials... for starters.

But yeah, i too am annoyed with the guys that lounge around and remain nekkid way too long... or shave/primp/whatever in the mirror with their nards resting on the edge of the counter that OTHERS would like to use afterwards.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I wish I was naked in the woman's locker room all the time......oh wait I am a guy darn :) haha every man's dream
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't ever recall showering after gym class in school.
    Wow, how horrid for you to have to walk round all day feeling sweaty, I hope they made your gym class the last of the day. :frown:

We had to shower after every session, in communal showers, they used to be standard in British schools and probably still are. I used to hate it, simply because they were always freezing cold!

Perhaps that's why Brits tend not to see nakedness per se as necessarily being evil.

Okay, this wasn't directed at me but no, we never showered either. No need to. I never got sweaty enough and neither did any of the girls enough to warrant a shower. The boys might have showered but who knows?

Just because one country is less comfortable with nudity as a whole doesn't mean we're wrong or naive or prude or immature (that isn't directed at you - that is directed at everyone who has made comments regarding that).