The awkward moment at the restroom/locker room

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    i get that most all of us had the same reaction

but some of you were a little rude, she deactivated her account

some people and families are really repressed and live under a rock when it comes to the human body

she may have literally just never had this experienced

imagine going to a culture where people blow eachother up on the street, they would probably react the same way to you for being shocked. sensitivity people!
    Was I rude? That wasn't my intention.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i get that most all of us had the same reaction

but some of you were a little rude, she deactivated her account

some people and families are really repressed and live under a rock when it comes to the human body

she may have literally just never had this experienced

imagine going to a culture where people blow eachother up on the street, they would probably react the same way to you for being shocked. sensitivity people!
    Was I rude? That wasn't my intention.

no, i think it was just beaten to death and too many snarky comments. we all get it, locker rooms are full of nakedness. the second response made me wanna go into a male locker room...never thought about what goes on in there too much prior to tonight.....lol
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I don't feel weird about getting naked or seeing naked people in the locker room.
    I mean, I guess I kind of cover up. I take off my top, then put on the other top. I don't have everything off at once. But still.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :noway: ok so i am new to this gym and i went to the restroom/ locker i was washing my face and when i look up all i saw was this women take all of her clothes of right in front of me and i honestly didn't know how to react, i guess i just couldn't believe that just happened. i mean come on take your clothes of inside the shower nobody wants to see you like that!! but anyways it was very disturbing i was traumatized i didn't know if to go back to the gym or not!! the good thing is that by now i don't remember her face
    has this happened to you?? feel free to share

Um, be mature. it's a locker room, that's what it's for.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'd be perfectly happy in a naked world LOL
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i mean come on take your clothes of inside the shower nobody wants to see you like that!! but anyways it was very disturbing i was traumatized i didn't know if to go back to the gym or not!!

Really? It's just nudity. It's all good. You should never come to Korea or go to a Sauna or Jjimjilbang. Picture 300 naked people walking around, soaping each other, scrubbing each other's backs and having a good time - even sharing large hot tubs together. You'll see kids 5-6 years old all the way to old men/women (not together - unless you're in the co-ed section).
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna reply and say that I don't have a problem if people strip naked and then get dressed. But it is the lollygaggers that bother me.

There was this lady flying nude at the gym the other day with her leg up on the bench lotioning her body. Her legs were parted and she was totally showing the world what her momma gave her... It was a bit much.

Naked people don't bother me, its the people that take their sweet time blowdrying their pubic hairs with the gym blowdryers and those who rub and lotion themselves up that bother me.

Edited to add... so I understand where you are coming from.

Lmao!!! Hahaha crying from laughing so hard. Lmao @ blow dying their pubic hairs
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have always felt that was a little weird also. :blushing:

In a way I am a bit jealous - wouldn't it be great to be that secure with your body!

:drinker:
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. It's just boobies and vasheenas, people. Get over it.

You have got to be kidding me??? Over this? Wow.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I try not to look but when there's old saggy skin lady bent over in your face it's...well I try not to look and scurry out as fast as I can.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. It's just boobies and vasheenas, people. Get over it.

You have got to be kidding me??? Over this? Wow.

Maybe someone sent her a nude pic and she had to throw away her computer.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to work for the YMCA, they give employee free gym membership. Anyways I remember seeing woman walking around naked, no towel or anything. The 1st time it shocked me. I scared my eye's seeing a woman 3 times as big as me sitting naked in the locker room hot tub. So, gross!!! I would never do that
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I don't walk around or anything, but the work bra needs to go off and the sports bra needs to go on. Naked is gonna happen. I also will lift my shirt in front of the sink to put my chest strap of my HRM on after I wet it.

I apologize to anyone who is offended by my boobs.
  • SSGirlLV
    SSGirlLV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents. I have been a member of a few gyms in my lifetime and in all cases I have seen women disrobe and change. I myself do it when I go. I swim and shower when I am done. I come back to my locker and get dressed. I don't think it's a big deal and no one else should. I see women getting ready in front of the mirrors with just a towel on. I don't care. We are all human and very similar and have the same bits and pieces. The fact that you were "disgusted" by it speaks of yourself and your own issues with your body. Maybe when you go to the gym next time just don't plan on using the locker room so you won't be grossed out by us who have a bit more confidence in ourselves and the other women at the gym.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this whole gym thing, but anyway, when I was given a tour there was a nekkid woman in there. Nekkid. I don't give an eff.
    I wish I had the ovarian fortitude to walk around nekkid!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Lol it's a locker room. That's where I change my clothes. And yes that includes being naked for a little bit.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I think you all were a bit too harsh on her. She deactivated her account!

This is MFP!!!!!! Not for the faint of heart or easily butt hurt.
    1gif.jpg
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Its no big deal really. I guess the entique though is to keep the length of time that your are naked to the barest minimum (no pun intended). Oh and blow drying ones pubes with the hair dryer....not cool.
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    No offence, but get over it!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    This post is silly. "OMG the craziest thing happened today. I went to a locker room, and I saw someone NAKED!! :-o"

I could understand the concern if it was at, say, the grocery store.