Replies

• Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Fire him.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Sod what your trainer says or thinks!!! You have had a positive reaction to all your hard work, so enjoy it, appreciate it and keep going! If something makes you feel good about youself then it cant be bad! Congrats you, i cant wait to lose weight :) xo:drinker:

p.s as for the posters on here who agree with your trainer....jealous much?? I think so, ignore them ;)

Sorry, but THIS^ is the kind of attitude I think your trainer wants you to avoid 'Anyone who disagrees with any of my opnions is just jealous because Im awesome'. Arrogance is not a nice trait and why would anyone be 'jealous' of the attention shes getting. Its not affecting anyone on here, theyre just sharing advice.

Also, yeah, Im sure attention is nice, but the aim of being fit, healthy and looking good isnt to impress men (and Im sure OP that this isnt your aim before you take offence) . Its your body, you dont need men to validate it.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Your trainer is a douche bag!! If your hubby is ok with it and your ok with it, screw what everyone else has to say if its negative!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    If I were to give the trainer the befit of the doubt it is possible that he heard "I went out with my husband and got checked out by lots of guys, how hot am I?"

Where as what you said, or at least meant was "I went out with my husband and we noticed together that some guys checking me out. We both felt flattered by the attention and proud of how far I had come with my fitness and weight loss"

You can see how these near identical statements would trigger completely different responses... None the less, I think your trainer was probably out of line.
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Who cares what your trainer thinks? As long as your hubby is happy and you're happy, thats what matters. You worked hard for it, enjoy it!
  • BeingWiser
    BeingWiser Posts: 65
    Options
    Do what works for YOU! Your the one who has to keep the weight off...
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    That is insane!! You should feel great about what you have accomplished and enjoy the attention... If you are confident in your relationship with your husband then there are no worries! Some people (your trainer) have been burned and are just insecure... Don't let them bring you down... Strut your stuff! You deserve to!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    First of all the only person that you should be concerned if they should care is your husband.. Not your trainer. Obviously your husband loves that you are getting the attention and so do you. So who cares. Keep on rocking
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    What I am reading into your post is your trainer does not want you to focus on becoming a "trophy wife" or something similar. It sounds like his philosophy and morals got in the way of your personal success. Maybe what he did was try to tell you to not work out for the wrong reasons. But he said it in a way that shocks me if that is how the conversation went. Obviously you and your husband did not mind the comments. But your trainer probably would have with you or anyone else on his arm.

Hiring a trainer is exactly the same as hiring a doctor, or lawyer, or even a landscaper...they need to be on the same page as you for anything successful to happen. Rather than concern yourself with his negative attitude, search for another trainer to help you into the next stage of your journey. You will be happier because if you don't, each subsequent session with this person will always have you wondering if he approves.
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    that's bull**** !! :P can't wait to got men looking at me again ! haha :)
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Man, I hear you. Good looks can be a curse. Can't I just be acknowledged for my wit, intelligence and humor? Quit giving me special treatment because I'm cute. Hey! My eyes are up here!!

Freaking love it! You are hilarious! :)
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow your trainer said that to you? I don't know what kind of relationship you have but that seems very unprofessional in my opinion, I'd start looking for another. And congrats on your NSV! I'd definitely enjoy it, you worked hard for it!

^^^This^^^
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I think you're source of pride is great-looking sexy for your husband :)
  • animejennie
    animejennie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think it's very vindicating to have members of the opposite sex also appreciate your hard work! Your trainer should have said "go go girl!" and moved on. I do agree that maybe he didn't want you to stop working as hard. My trainer does stupid stuff all the time like say "hey, this must be your song!" when LMFAO's "Sexy and I know it" comes on the gym's radio (to much eye rolling from me, lol). They should be encouraging pride in your appearance! If your trainer doesn't make you feel good about yourself, then maybe it's time for a new one!
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    sounds like you hit a sore spot with him. He probably had a girlfriend who was hot and she left him for someone else.

Started to say the same thing lol
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this (I don't feel like reading the whole thread).

Your trainer may not be that big of a dumbass. They've probably seen people who've got a little bit of results, let the success go to their heads and as a result fell off the wagon.

Your trainer is probably trying to tell you "That's good that you're being appreciated for your effort, but you're NOT to your goal yet. Don't get too full of yourself or be content with your progress, because you're not done. Now get back to work."

It may sound like tough love, but part of the trainer's job is keeping you committed to the task.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!