Male vs. Female

Options

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I do realize MFP is like a goldfish bowl and we'll table that conversation.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Unless she just REALLY has a problem, men are always game which means a woman can go anywhere really and just say the word and it's a done deal. Men on the other hand always have to play the game to get the prize and this does not stop with marriage, it just changes. Women absolutely LOVE to use "it" as prize as well.

If you want make a woman mad real fast then when she says "If you don't do (Fill in the blank), I'm gonna cut you off" you say "You can't because you don't know where I'm getting it from." This makes her mad for two reasons, her prize tactic does not work anymore and now she's not the only one.

wow.i have NEVER used IT as a prize or withheld it as a threat.WOW

Historically, women are more inclined to use "it" as leverage than men.

MANY MANY MANY women do. I will absolutely not abide it. If being 'upset' with me is enough for you to turn me down, not reply that you love me when prompted, or sleep in another room/bed...we shouldn't be together anyway.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Unless she just REALLY has a problem, men are always game which means a woman can go anywhere really and just say the word and it's a done deal. Men on the other hand always have to play the game to get the prize and this does not stop with marriage, it just changes. Women absolutely LOVE to use "it" as prize as well.

If you want make a woman mad real fast then when she says "If you don't do (Fill in the blank), I'm gonna cut you off" you say "You can't because you don't know where I'm getting it from." This makes her mad for two reasons, her prize tactic does not work anymore and now she's not the only one.

i dont give a ****! i dont appreciate someone saying men ALWAYS have to play the game, and WOMEN LOVEEEE to use it as a prize. please dont lump me in with this bull****.... then he gets off by telling her he gets it elsewhere? winner.
  • mamamudbug
    Options
    Oh stop it

I am getting the feeling that you have a very high opinion of either my skill in this game, or some skewed perception of my level of attractiveness. There's THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of guys around here better looking than I am, and it seems women in Phoenix know it instinctively lol..

Don't misunderstand, my self confidence isn't affected. Reality is 'reality'...and I do my best to be a good guy. Nor do I feel I'm physically repulsive, but that 'reality' sword cuts both ways =p.

Sugar, you have more drool on you (at leasts on these boards) than a chunky baby in a room full of grannies.

And this is why you would win. So to speak

Maybe on MFP. I've determined that to be attracted to me, you must either be married, or too far away for it to make a difference. This is in addendum to the insanity clause that's clearly in place.

I have a funny feeling your missing some signals or something. There is no way that you get the reaction you get on these boards and you get no sign of anything st home. No glances, no flirtation, nothing?
  • crisanderson27
    Options

i dont give a ****! i dont appreciate someone saying men ALWAYS have to play the game, and WOMEN LOVEEEE to use it as a prize. please dont lump me in with this bull****.... then he gets off by telling her he gets it elsewhere? winner.

Jules hun, you're in the minority here. Of all the women I've dated, the vast majority use it (unsuccessfully...send me a PM if you'd like to know why =p) as leverage. My brothers wife uses it as leverage in front of the entire family.

We all know not all women are that way...and I would never have assumed it of you. The guy that said it probably doesn't even know you lol.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Nah - they are just say that to you as an excuse because they don't actually want to have sex with you.

I can honestly say that I have never used that on a guy.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Oh stop it

I am getting the feeling that you have a very high opinion of either my skill in this game, or some skewed perception of my level of attractiveness. There's THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of guys around here better looking than I am, and it seems women in Phoenix know it instinctively lol..

Don't misunderstand, my self confidence isn't affected. Reality is 'reality'...and I do my best to be a good guy. Nor do I feel I'm physically repulsive, but that 'reality' sword cuts both ways =p.

Sugar, you have more drool on you (at leasts on these boards) than a chunky baby in a room full of grannies.

And this is why you would win. So to speak

Maybe on MFP. I've determined that to be attracted to me, you must either be married, or too far away for it to make a difference. This is in addendum to the insanity clause that's clearly in place.

I have a funny feeling your missing some signals or something. There is no way that you get the reaction you get on these boards and you get no sign of anything st home. No glances, no flirtation, nothing?

Agreed. Thats what I say to him.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

If I'm missing them, I'm not nearly as observant as I think I am. You have to realize...people on MFP know me better than the majority of people in my daily life. The nature of a forum promotes the expression of feelings, opinions, and beliefs. You get a real sense of a person in a place like this, if you're looking to. In this scenario, its bound to affect attractiveness in one direction or the other.

This is not something that happens across a convenience store counter, lol.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

If I'm missing them, I'm not nearly as observant as I think I am. You have to realize...people on MFP know me better than the majority of people in my daily life. The nature of a forum promotes the expression of feelings, opinions, and beliefs. You get a real sense of a person in a place like this, if you're looking to. In this scenario, its bound to affect attractiveness in one direction or the other.

Same for me.... lots of lady friends here on MFP.... but in reality, lots of lonely nights in front of the tube.
  • tobnrn
    Options
    Well my friend. We are still in the same conundrum as before.

Single parents with good jobs, great personalities and good looks with no prospects
  • mamamudbug
    Options

I do realize it, it's why I compared MFP to a fish bowl.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Same for me.... lots of lady friends here on MFP.... but in reality, lots of lonely nights in front of the tube.

Exactly!!
    That sucks that is your experience with women. The ONLY time I have said "no" to a man I'm with is if he's treating me really poorly. Why would ANYONE want to make love to someone when they were screaming in your face calling you names just an hour ago? That is not using sex as "leverage" that is not being attracted to someone who's mean to you..and that is normal for both men AND women.

As a man, I still wouldn't say no to someone I loved in that scenario. Not because I'm panting for sex...but because it restores, or can restore...an emotional balance in a bad situation. Even my sons mother...who, as tobnrn can attest...had some major issues...sex was NEVER off the table. Even within days of her trying to take the kids 800 miles away. It's probably a large part of what kept us together so long.

I can definitely understand your reasons as a woman, and I'm sure you're talking about a more extreme scenario than your post hinted at.
  • bellaparishan
    bellaparishan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In general, women hold the prize. Men are trying to get the prize. It's a genetics thing.

A guy has to jump through hoops, fit the bill, perform magic.
    A woman just has to say "yes".

A guy usually only has to jump through hoops because a girl doesn't want to feel or be perceived as a *kitten*. Men have less of a problem with a more direct approach and at times it's a huge turn on for them.

THIS.... I find is true, especially in australia... Aussie guys are SO quick to label a girl as a slut, even if she just wears a short dress etc, even though they perve/chat up/cheat/lie.... *NOT all guys, but generally the ones that go out of their way to make a woman feel shame..*

There is still that old mentality here, unfortunately but yes in your original scenario, the woman has the upper hand.

However 95% of my female friends (talking about 40 close, good, best & classmates) are officially attached, and the guys i know its more like 50%, but the ones who are single, half want to be, and half reaaally want a gf or company or whatever.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

Nah - they are just say that to you as an excuse because they don't actually want to have sex with you.

I can honestly say that I have never used that on a guy.

Me either and i'd have to say it would be a pretty sad state of affairs if I did. Although I know many women who joke about it all the time so not sure if they really do use it or not.
  • mamamudbug
    Options

Single parents with good jobs, great personalities and good looks with no prospects

The thing is, since you and cris are both single parents, I'm sure your responsibilities play into your sexual activities more so than a single person with no children. If it were just about sex, I imagine you both could find someone to scratch that itch.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Yes, yes we are.../sigh!
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i have only skimmed the posts before mine so forgive me for any repeats

women have it easyer... we tend to be less intimidating, and more desired for our looks alone. we are taught from a young age that men are a threat unless he proves otherwises...

guys have to work harder to prove they are not going to hurt you.. physically emotionally etc...

so yes a girl going into a club only after sex is going to get it faster then the guy.. not fair for guys IMO
  • tobnrn
    Options
    Withholding sex is just wrong period. I have never done that nor have I ever made my ex sleep in another room. I dont understand that tbought process unless it was something super duper heavy.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Jules hun, you're in the minority here. Of all the women I've dated, the vast majority use it (unsuccessfully...send me a PM if you'd like to know why =p) as leverage. My brothers wife uses it as leverage in front of the entire family.

We all know not all women are that way...and I would never have assumed it of you. The guy that said it probably doesn't even know you lol.

mmmk i wont throat punch him...
    thats unfortunate the majority of women youve dated were like that. i for one wouldnt want to punish myself by withholding, but that is another conversation altogether,