What's your NSV for the day? Please share...

Options

Replies

• hunnybappl3
    Options
    so awesome!!!

Lived in Hawaii all my life and today was the first time I did a challenging hike with steep inclines, called Lanikai Pillboxes. The view was spectacular.

I also completed Week 2 Day 2 of C25K training today. Never ran before in my life...and I am running now.

Stayed on target today for calorie intake. But because of the running and hiking, my heart rate monitor/calorie counter shows -2400 cals burnt today!
  • kooky_kiz
    kooky_kiz Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    picked up a pair of size 9 (aus) jeans and got home and they were too big!!
  • hunnybappl3
    Options
    non-scale victory ;)
  • hunnybappl3
    Options
    Doh! What does NSV stand for, please? easilyconfused.com :) (Could you message me in case I can't find this topic again? yay! ) (not very computer savvy - sorry):embarassed:

NSV=non-scale victory :)
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My son told me I look beautiful this morning, and a friend told me I am!!

That's so cool, because you know when it comes from a child it comes from their heart, hope you beam all day!
  • hunnybappl3
    Options
    My wedding rings are getting loose! My pants are falling off and I started c25k. MFP is awesome!

Way to go! My wedding rings are getting loose also, pants are falling off too and I just started c25k 2 weeks ago too!!! Yay!!:happy:
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I got up & jogged this morning, despite only 5.5 hours sleep & too much wine last night. I will rock my 5k in July :happy:
  • kolakross
    kolakross Posts: 39
    Options
    Went up early and got my morning work out done, and sticked to my pre-planned meal plan. :)
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My 20th workout today since 9th April. I am working out 3 times per week (couple of weeks was 2) with a trainer who comes to my house. My goal aside from the SV's is to make exercise part of my life. Since 9th April I can now:

- go a whole day without remotely feeling like a nap
    - I'm sleeping way better at night
    - Don't feel absolutely exhausted every single minute of the day
    - Way less stressed and sensitive
    - I CAN do tabata workouts!
    - I can box! and have a hell of a punch!

My workouts are really varied and tough and I'd venture to say I'm actually enjoying them - an NSV in itself!

I am a sporadic MFP user but definitely been more regular lately, it DEFINITELY helps having these tools!

xx
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Having to do my bra up on the tighest notch & it's still too big.....hope the boobies don't disappear completely thou lol ;)

Heehee! I don't want that shrinkage either! I think though probably fat on your back and shoulders rather than boobs. I definitely don't want to be buying the chicken fillets! lol
  • beccus
    beccus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I didn't have ice cream last night!
    I really wanted it, but it would have taken me too far over my calories, so I said no!
  • slimintraining
    slimintraining Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My son told me I look beautiful this morning, and a friend told me I am!!

That's so cool, because you know when it comes from a child it comes from their heart, hope you beam all day!

:) yes it has made my day and put a big smile on my face! :)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i forgot a belt and my pants are falling down
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    I looked down and finally seen my toes and not just belly...lol:)
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yesterday the lady who gives me a massage every once in awhile finally noticed that I had lost weight!! She said she could really tell. Made my day.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You've gone down almost 3 sizes!
    very 5 pounds is a size!
    Great job
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I finally got in my bathing suit and didnt look like a stuffed sausage! YAY ME! :bigsmile:
  • littlestroman
    Options
    Fit into a pair of size 10 jeans for the first time in 10+ years and several months before I thought I'd be able to. So exciting!
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 3 and 1/2 years of my marriage my husband can pick me up!
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My NSV today actually has nothing to do with my own weight/fitness journey, but I still count it as a victory anyhow.

When I was out for my usual 2 mile walk last evening, one of my neighbors stopped me and asked if I'd like company on the walk, and I said sure! It was the first time in ages she'd been out walking. When I went out for my morning walk today I saw her husband out, and asked how she was feeling and if I'd tired her out. He said she was fine and that she was so happy with the walk last night and so inspired by it that she talked another neighbor into going walking that morning! About halfway through my morning walk, I heard a front door slam and a woman came running out of her house to talk to me. She said she watches me go by her house all the time, and I've inspired her and one of her neighbors to go walking, too! She said "you always look so happy when you go by, and now it's time for me to feel happy and healthy again, too"! So in doing something positive and healthy for myself, I've inspired others to do the same for themselves, and that sure sounds like a victory to me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!