What's your NSV for the day? Please share...

Options

Replies

• mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    A skirt I have not worn in a while is larger in the waist on me now, so it keeps spinning around when I walk. Annoying, yes - but I will take it :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I paid for a gym membership today. I've been sneaking in for free....finally broke down and now I'm "legit".
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I added 5 pounds to my bench press routine. My arms are by far the weakest part of my body, and when I first started lifting, the bar alone was very difficult for me. After 2 months, I've finally taken the leap of adding weight. It was hard, but I made it through all of my reps.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I finally ran a 5k distance non-stop! i've been slowly building back up since knee surgery in November and this was my longest (non-stop) run to date. Plus I managed negative splits each mile.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    ran my first 5K this weekend after completing the Couch to 5K program - did it in 36:22
    plucked up the courage to go to the free weights section to do lunges with dumbbells this morning.
    Wearing more dresses and skirts and less jean/trousers (haven't done THAT in a while)
    Having to go to a tighter notch on my belt!
    Cholesterol has gone down from 205 to 189!!
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    i didnt call myself a fat a s s today...and i went to the gym even when i could have talkd myself out of it very easily this morning.
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Not a major NSV, but gym pants and jeans I bought a few months are too big now. Woot, clothes shopping :)
  • drea0703
    drea0703 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hopping on the treadmill after 4 month of not running and knock it of for 30 minutes intervalls. I am soooo proud of my body and especially on my (post-surgery) knee for being able to do this just like that.
    Looks like I am getting fitter every day and I loooove it :)
  • anjsdav
    anjsdav Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did not skip my morning 30 minute workout even though I woke up late...cost me 30 minutes of vacation time and I couldn't be happier :)
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY fit into a pair of size 10s!! I tried them on to see how far away I am from my goal (which, up until yesterday, was a size 10) and WOW!! They slipped right up! I did a snoopy dance in the dressing room and almost cried. I've also found out this week that I've gone from a 42DD to a 36DDD. Not sure how that works, but I am so happy. Went from a VERY tight 14 to a size 10! 1200 calories a day, working out 20-60 minutes a day on an elliptical, not eating back exercise calories.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    This is a very pathetic NSV for some but pretty huge for me ... I was on the elliptical machine for 10 minutes AND I didn't die. :)
    baby steps ... baby steps ...
  • Edwards71
    Edwards71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just completed level 1 day 7 of 30ds and completely Natalie'ed it.... I'm very proud of my self... No little rests just gave it everything .... Still not looking forward to level 2. & 3 though!!!!
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Today, my NSV is waking up at 5:15am very nauseas and still going to the gym. I may not have pushed myself 100% but as they say "The only workout you regret is the one you didn't do" !

This! I had a day like that a month or so ago.... wasnt my best workout. but I love your quote.... gonna save it.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 6 of 30DS for a non-exerciser most of my life I feel good about this !!!
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is a very pathetic NSV for some but pretty huge for me ... I was on the elliptical machine for 10 minutes AND I didn't die. :)
    baby steps ... baby steps ...

I can so relate! I just got a used elliptical and it's all set up but am afraid I won't last 5 minutes even though I'm currently doing 45-60 minutes on treadmill daily.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My NSV today actually has nothing to do with my own weight/fitness journey, but I still count it as a victory anyhow.

When I was out for my usual 2 mile walk last evening, one of my neighbors stopped me and asked if I'd like company on the walk, and I said sure! It was the first time in ages she'd been out walking. When I went out for my morning walk today I saw her husband out, and asked how she was feeling and if I'd tired her out. He said she was fine and that she was so happy with the walk last night and so inspired by it that she talked another neighbor into going walking that morning! About halfway through my morning walk, I heard a front door slam and a woman came running out of her house to talk to me. She said she watches me go by her house all the time, and I've inspired her and one of her neighbors to go walking, too! She said "you always look so happy when you go by, and now it's time for me to feel happy and healthy again, too"! So in doing something positive and healthy for myself, I've inspired others to do the same for themselves, and that sure sounds like a victory to me!

I say this counts and you've got to be smiling all day from this!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I did a plank for an entire minute!! No much for most, but AWESOME for a girl who 6 months ago couldn't hold one for longer than 10 seconds!! :happy:
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I already posted about mine in a separate thread, but I free lifted bicep curls last night for the first time.

I have been too timid/foolish/insecure to do much free lifting and usually stick to the machines, but I plan to add one dumbbell exercise to replace a machine lift each time I go. I now do tricep extensions and bicep curls with free weights, and I moved up past the "girl" weights into the real dumbbells for the first time. ;)
  • philippians4and13
    philippians4and13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Somebody help....what's NSV??? I'm new to this site, only been here a week so be nice. ;) thanks...
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory.

Today I decided would be comfy pant Tuesday.

I even tried to roll the waistband down and they still kept falling down. Talk about a good kind of annoyance.

I switched to a pair of jeans.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!