What drives you CRAZY about your gym??

Options
12345679»

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    gotta say...i love my gym. I workout at Planet Fitness. It has all the equipment I need, is clean, and there are no lunks... The cost is only $20 to go to any Planet Fitness gym, or $10 for the one location, free-tanning (i don't partake). And best of all.....they don't harass me about stupid classes, and if I bring someone to workout, there is no sales pitch...sign-in...bring your guest...go workout..its great.

also open 24hrs throughout the week....very useful

*sorry i have nothing bad to say.....well they do have FREE Tootsie Rolls....is that bad?

I have the $10 membership and recently had to travel for a family emergency. It only cost me $5 per visit to use another PF gym. It was awesome to be able to workout at a familiar gym for such a small fee.

Like I said earlier, my only complaint is the lack of fans up in the cardio area, which in my gym is elevated and we all know that heat rises. Other than that, I love my PF!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The bros.

THIS.
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    I go to a small 24 hour gym. It's annoying when someone keeps bouncing back and forth between strength building machines. There's only one of each kind and for a person to take up like 3 different ones is kind of irritating.
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    - open late and close early on the weekends
    - hot as you-know-what all the time. (no fans, no ventilation, blah)
    - the people who sit on the machines and text. When you ask them if they are done you get, "oh yeah, I have a few more sets, sorry" REALLY!? Well get to your other sets because SOME people go to the gym for a reason! Not to look cute and text
  • AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    Steroid junkies walking around like they're gods gift.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    People who think im stupid because i look like a meat head. Seriously you dont need to talk slowly to me, i can understand you just fine.

Also people giving me strange looks at how i lift and what i lift.
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    This happened to me last week! Turned in my locker key (the only thing on me) for a medicine ball like I've been doing for over a year. When I returned the ball they couldn't find my key but remembered one of thier teenage volunteers playing with it. After a frustrating 7 min wait while they search for her and page her she finally shows up with my key in her hand. When they ask why she has it she says she found it. I immediately go check my locker and the lock is gone! Someone has gone through my locker and taken my cash! (left the ipad, cell phone, and credit cards thank god) I went back to the front desk carring my stuff because I now have now way to lock it up and am given an incident report to fill out and a crappy lock so I can finish my workout. I work downtown and take a bus and literally work right across the street form the gym so I have no option but to take all my stuff with me.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    People who think im stupid because i look like a meat head. Seriously you dont need to talk slowly to me, i can understand you just fine.

Also people giving me strange looks at how i lift and what i lift.

i wish i could watch you lift.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This happened to me last week! Turned in my locker key (the only thing on me) for a medicine ball like I've been doing for over a year. When I returned the ball they couldn't find my key but remembered one of thier teenage volunteers playing with it. After a frustrating 7 min wait while they search for her and page her she finally shows up with my key in her hand. When they ask why she has it she says she found it. I immediately go check my locker and the lock is gone! Someone has gone through my locker and taken my cash! (left the ipad, cell phone, and credit cards thank god) I went back to the front desk carring my stuff because I now have now way to lock it up and am given an incident report to fill out and a crappy lock so I can finish my workout. I work downtown and take a bus and literally work right across the street form the gym so I have no option but to take all my stuff with me.

i honestly would have called the police at had the "teenager" arrested or at least searched. it honestly sounds like she must have stolen your cash.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people don't leave me alone and decide to chat. News flash, I am there for me not you. Go away.

Also the people that do 5 minutes on treadmill then go do weights, then come back. You are hogging two machines. The world does not revolve around you. One or the other.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    1. people walking and reading on the treadmills and aren't old people. Then i get a look like "why are you running and sweating and breathing hard?". grrr

2. a trainer asking me if i want to talk to a girl that has been eyeing me. "why didn't she ask me?" ,.. "Fine whatever bro your loss." ***** YOU WORK HERE , TELL THAT HO TO COME OVER HERE HERSELF IF SHE WANTS ME TO STICK MY **** IN HER.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I go to a pretty nice gym (24HourFitness). I don't pay a whole lot of money for monthly dues but there are a lot of members. The gym itself has a "loft-like" feel with exposed ductwork. They have PLENTY of income but the ducts and the fans in the gym are always dusty!

I realize it's a lot of work to keep them clean but in a place where people are working on their HEALTH, breathing heavily, they should really work harder to keep the place and the AIR IN IT clean. I don't think it's just my gym either - I've belonged to several gyms over the years and most of them have looked like this! Look up next time you're at your gym. I bet yours looks similar. ICK!!

Just point it out to a manager and ask if they could clean it. They might not have noticed, many people don't.