What's the strangest thing that keeps you motivated?

Options
It can be anything! Person, car, exercise equipment, a song, ect.

Mine right now and DO NOT laugh, ha ha is Zach Bogosian (NHL defenseman) and Alex Morgan (US Women's Soccer)
I know, I know it's probably not a good motivation and may be even creepy! BUT it keep me motivated!

So, let's hear it!

Replies

• raeraeti
    raeraeti Posts: 108
    Options
    Watching T.V.
    It makes me want to go workout so I can look like the women on television :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    LOL STRANGEST THING?? My 14 year old daughter...and I might add, she is VERY strange! Yep, she keeps me motivated!! LOVE HER!
  • ccguillory
    ccguillory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hispanic music videos.. Have you seen them.. they're hot! And the music is good too.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    Bigger people that I know personally, they keep me motivated because I know I never want to look or live like that.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The awesome support of strangers on the Internet (MFP)!!!!
    It's great, but kind of strange, no?
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    um...a song by Destiny's Child...Cater to you...she says...I wanna be the same chick you fell in love with..
    I think about that sometimes...because currently I aint that chick...LOL
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    There is a sentance that I can't get to leave my mind. Someone asked me if a 200 pound person can run.
    So when I jog, I am "the 207 pound person running" a little self conscious but somewhat proud that I can.
    I hope to get out of the 200's soon so that sentance will melt away
  • pushnhard
    pushnhard Posts: 51
    Options
    HATERS! LOL
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Me ! Ha ! :tongue:
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Right now I think the thing that is keeping me the most motivated is the before picture I took of myself four days ago.....YUCK!!! I don't know how in the world my husband stands to look at me and want me. I know for sure now why clothes were invented lol With any luck...that won't be the case soon!
  • pushnhard
    pushnhard Posts: 51
    Options
    LOVE THAT ONE!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The fact that when (if) i ever let my fiance impregnate me (LoL, joke) you'll be able to see a baby belly. I just love baby bellies!
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My mother.
    It's strange because all she does is try to get me to stop losing weight (she's very large and obviously uncomfortable in her own skin)

So every time she tells me I look fine, I want to hit the gym harder, because I am NOT fine. I am NOT at a healthy BMI, and I am NOT at my goal weight.

"Good enough" is a statement for the laziest of men (or women, in my mother's case).
  • MomBirner
    MomBirner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's strange? My best friend keeps me motivated. Her and I have both battled with our weight for a long time. In highschool, thru pregnancy and afterward. She's lost almost 60 pounds and is 5 pounds away from her goal weight. She looks awesome!! It's hard to be comfortable with being over weight when someone you spend so much time with looks so great. :smile:
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I actually wanna see my rib cage.... not that much though, I can see it a little little now but I want more with abs
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When I started I was motivated by girl in my class who judged me because of my weight......it was about my ego at first but now I love to exercise and the pleasure I get from exercise motivated me!
  • kcpardue
    kcpardue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want that 13.1 sticker on the back of my car for running a half marathon! I'm really just in it for the sticker :)
  • johncole90
    johncole90 Posts: 23
    Options
    Not strange but wanting to be in the best shape possible for basic training in August.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    the more weight i lose the smaller my boobs get! i am a 36DD and there are NO cute bras. So i want to be able to go to target and buy a cute bra!
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    pooping well :) I feel so much better when I do... and that is a result of eating more fruit and veg and drinking loads of water :)