What's the strangest thing that keeps you motivated?

Options

Replies

• outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Watching "The Deadliest Catch" and how hard the guys work, usually sleeping just 3 hours for every 48 hour period... if they can work like that, so can I to achieve my goals.
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am continually reaching my goals, and I KNOW this is mean, but what keeps me still motivated is that the girls I used to envy are now fat!!

HA!!!!!!!!!!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "Be the Match" bone marrow donor registery. Between that and being a regular blood donor, I think of staying healthy so that I can help others be healthy.

This is a great motivation! I'm on the bone marrow donor registery too.

And It's thanks to selfless blood donors like you that my husband has so far survived a difficult battle with leukemia. So, THANK YOU!!!
  • EA1979
    EA1979 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love Henry Rollins and his 'Get Some Go Again' album keeps me motivated. I want to get some go again, and whenever I hear that song I workout so much harder :-)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Alien invasion! No seriously. I watched Independence Day and as they were running through a tunnel with fire chasing them, I realised that I wouldn't be able to run away......

So if aliens invade I'm going to be fit enough to run away! (or fight hahaha)

this/being ready for the zombie apocolypse as well. lol
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    the more weight i lose the smaller my boobs get! i am a 36DD and there are NO cute bras. So i want to be able to go to target and buy a cute bra!

I feel your pain.....I am a 38DDD and I cant go to walmart or Target and buy a cuite bra. They dont carry my size. I have to go to plus size stires to be a bra
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Clothes! I'm a slave to fashion trends! And I want to look good in them! I'm never gonna settle for old lady clothes!
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of wackadoo things that I use for motivation:

1) The first rule of Zombieland is cardio.
    2) I love chilicheeseburgers. I do NOT love heart attacks.
    3) My girlfriends who make me feel like I'm beautiful - I want to live up to their image of me!
    4) Bouldering - I LOVE going bouldering. I HATE that I haven't had the strength to pull my own weight up a rock.
    5) My dogs: i have to be fit enough to wear out my puppy when we play ^__^
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    a very skimpy bikini.......
  • starzluv94
    starzluv94 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually watch a movie while I am working out. But its usually a movie that has people 'working out' in the movie. For some reason I can work out longer like that.
  • thunderchld
    thunderchld Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So, when I started losing weight, gas prices started to go down. I like to tell myself my weight loss is tied to gas prices.

So far, I started at 212 and gas was $3.57 here. Now I am at 204 and gas is $3.19.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    the fact that i previously lost 40 pounds, so i know i can do it.

looking at before and after pictures of people helps a lot too.
  • Pilcrow_
    Pilcrow_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TMI buuuuut to be totally and completely comfortable showing off my body when I'm with a guy.

Eeek.. TMI?!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say I work in sales. The more I sell, the better I feel I need to look, and the better I look, the more I feel I need to sell. It's kind of weird, but the clothes themselves make me want to work harder.
  • cosplaydreams
    Options
    This might be obvious because of my username, but I love wearing costumes, so wanting to look good in them is one of the things that motivates me :v
  • smashleyduke
    Options
    when i'm working out sometimes i think about skinny women that i hate haha im just like "im gonna be better than you!" its kinda funny
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Two words: Tom Welling

and the thought that if I were ever to meet him I would be able to say hello and be proud instead of diving into a bush and hiding!

Now that isn't even strange... stupid is more like it! LOL!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    SEX.
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap... I had a baby and I absolutely refuse to buy new clothes!!!