What's the strangest thing that keeps you motivated?

Options

Replies

• glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    presuming you mean motivated for fitness, my answer would be to avoid hospitals, doctors, big pharma or worse as number one.
    number two would be strength for everyday living. number three would be, having now accomplished a new weight and level of fitness, staying in all the new smaller clothes. And so on. Best wishes to all.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to cross my legs again. And without having to use my arm to hoist my leg up. lol I also want to be able to run a mile again. Mind you, I *HATE* running (or at least I did when I was younger) but I want to just be able to do it again. Also, if I were to ever get pregnant I want to actually have a baby belly. Not just a fat belly. lol
  • dayroselynn28
    dayroselynn28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Being able to get in a bathing suite and have the energy to walk around an amusement park with my son.
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My cellulite I just want it gone :)
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    the more weight i lose the smaller my boobs get! i am a 36DD and there are NO cute bras. So i want to be able to go to target and buy a cute bra!
    I so agree. My boobs are working against me, they gone up and then got bigger again while the rest of me shrinks. I want normal bras!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I visualize the look on my EX's face when I win this battle without him there to sabotage my efforts.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    You have just given me my reaching the end goal reward idea = Grand Canyon !!!
  • CarrieMyPhilos
    CarrieMyPhilos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Of course there are the normal things that motivate me for fitness (health, energy, etc).

As for the strange, well.... cosplay. Cosplay keeps me motivated. I've never done it, and I want to, it looks like fun - but I want to rock it, Olivia Munn style!

http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/05/25/633156860667844093.jpg
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    The strangest thing that keeps me motivated is hearing about what my 32-year-old brother has been going through, medically. He isn't very active and he has had some problems with his diabetes and blood pressure recently.

Even though I am older than him, I don't want to be dealing with what he has been dealing with. He has been told by his doctor that he needs to start working out more and watching what he eats. Even though he lost over 100 lbs, he has put about half of that back on. He does make excuses about not being more active. I think the only physical activity he gets is walking around either the Mall of America or Eden Prairie (MN) mail with my mom and I think that's only once a week--which is something.

I have tried to say something to him about it, but he gets very angry when my mom or I try to say something about it. He knows, I think he just doesn't want to.

So, that is what keeps me motivated. I know it's strange.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    the more weight i lose the smaller my boobs get! i am a 36DD and there are NO cute bras. So i want to be able to go to target and buy a cute bra!

Try Victoria's Secret. I'm a 36DD and that is where I get my bras.
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    The awesome support of strangers on the Internet (MFP)!!!!
    It's great, but kind of strange, no?
    I agree! A group of people I've never met and some of the friends ever!! :)
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You have just given me my reaching the end goal reward idea = Grand Canyon !!!

Awesome! Glad to be of help :)

I am getting closer...I have 12 lbs to go until I am at 200 lbs, which is the weight limit (but you have to be 200lbs fully dressed). Of course, I want to be much lighter than that before I go.
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My friends at the gym I go to. I have so much support there they are like family to me. Also they many season of watching the Biggest Loser and the trainer on there. I use the positive comments and different things people have done for me to keep me going. Last but not least sick off the Dr.s telling me that the I could not loss this weigh on my own. I could go on but these are the biggest things that keep going strong.:happy:
  • reannalynne
    reannalynne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just recently started this whole adventure so "keeps me motivated" really doesn't apply, but my first motivation was my husband's cousin. She looks phenomenal and I want to look half as good as she does. Also, I am "treating myself" with a new tattoo if I get to my goal weight/shape.
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    my whole family has been overweight and still is..and my dad has diabetes and my mom has knee an back pain..and my eldest bro has weighs over 140 kilos and my second brother hasn't able to find his neck in 3 years(double chin)....and it doesnt matter the fact that every single one of us is well read and cultured..we are considered as the "fat family".... and i hate LABELS!

i am just 35lbs overweight and i want to get as fit as i can before i have the fat label on me permanently....i have seen what obesity can do to people first hand ever since i was a kid..and even though i ate like the rest of my family till 4-5 months ago,i cam to my senses about just how bad my diet was..and right now....

i am trying to become fit so that i can eat less and live longer than eat more and live a shorter life..!!!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options

Cute tops too!!! Most of the summer tops are strapless or spaghetti strapped! NO FAIR!!!!
  • meowstrom
    meowstrom Posts: 37
    Options
    My cats, its pathetic that I can't be bothered chasing them around and throwing their toys around for an hour because I'm so lazy lol
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Random stuff ...i.e. During my jog last night a neighbor around the block yelled out "good job" and waved while watering his lawn despite the fact that I had earbuds in and just barely knew he said anything at first lol. Strangers recognizing your efforts is nice and strange at the same time lol.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Tania from the Insanity DVDs.

._.