What's the strangest thing that keeps you motivated?

Options

Replies

• BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Watching The Biggest Loser UK or US - any country will do. I identify with the one about my shape/size/weight and see how much better they look and how much happier they are when they've lost some....
  • Amandaleemixon
    Amandaleemixon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Designer clothes. I know it sounds crazy, but I have always been plus size. For once, I would like to go into a store and be able to at least try on most stuff.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Walking around the house in my underwear. If I am not comfortable, I need to work harder ;)

Yes!! This ^^
  • smwifey
    smwifey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am going to see my favorite singer (Eric Church) in November and I want to let loose and have a blast without worrying about how I look and whether things are wiggling. The wrong things anyway. LOL
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    my sister. for years she has given me clothes that are too small (picture a very tight size 12 trying to fit into a size 8). she finds it hilarious because she is really thin, but it depresses me a lot. i might really dislike her but the clothes are cute.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Seeing my abs
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider it strange: but my biggest motivation is the anticipation of trying on wedding dresses. I have been on a weight loss journey for 4 years, but 4 years ago was NOT in a serious relationship. I am now and prob will be getting engaged/married within the next year, but I figured 4 years ago, I'd get a jump start on it so that my weight would be one less thing to stress about when the time DID come.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I want that 13.1 sticker on the back of my car for running a half marathon! I'm really just in it for the sticker :)

Me too! haha I've got a ways to go but one day I will be able to run one and get that sticker!! :laugh:

Hahaha! This was me a couple of months ago! I completed my first half back in March--you should see the back of my car now! lol (stickers GALORE)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have a paper chain (yes, like the kind you made in kindergarten to count down the days until Christmas) and there is a link for every pound down to my first major goal of 200lbs. Every 10lbs the color changes, and the last 10 are red (b/c they are the tougher ones). I only take links off on Sundays, and it is strangely fulfilling and motivating seeing the links slowly come off.

OOooh! I like this one! :)
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Going to the next concert :)
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bigger people that I know personally, they keep me motivated because I know I never want to look or live like that.

I thoughts was the only one, now I don't feel so bad lol
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    um...a song by Destiny's Child...Cater to you...she says...I wanna be the same chick you fell in love with..
    I think about that sometimes...because currently I aint that chick...LOL

I do the same thing!!!! Too funny!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    pooping well :) I feel so much better when I do... and that is a result of eating more fruit and veg and drinking loads of water :)

Amen to that!!!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have a paper chain (yes, like the kind you made in kindergarten to count down the days until Christmas) and there is a link for every pound down to my first major goal of 200lbs. Every 10lbs the color changes, and the last 10 are red (b/c they are the tougher ones). I only take links off on Sundays, and it is strangely fulfilling and motivating seeing the links slowly come off.

OOooh! I like this one! :)
    [/quoe]

THat is a great idea!!!
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Walking around the house in my underwear. If I am not comfortable, I need to work harder ;)

This is the best motivation of all time!
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I want to see hip bones, collar bones, jaw line, shoulder blades, ankles, knees, elbows. I don't want to be encased in fat anymore!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mentally - Wanting to live life to the fullest with my son and husband
    Physically - Wanting to ride rollercoasters/water slides without fear of not fitting.
    personally - wanting to not cheat myself out of the best life ever
    Emotionally - Knowing that I CAN do this!
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    pooping well :) I feel so much better when I do... and that is a result of eating more fruit and veg and drinking loads of water :)

Best thing I've ever read lol...love it
  • newsammy11
    newsammy11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    LOVE all these responses! Keep it going guys! :)
  • kathy329
    kathy329 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to look nice in my clothes again. I want to be thought of as sexy one more time in my life. It has been a very long time since I felt pretty or sexy.