What's the strangest thing that keeps you motivated?

Options

Replies

• marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    HTN runs in my family and I don't want it.
  • sweetreeser
    sweetreeser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Counting my calories daily on here....it gives me a visual and lets me use my OCD to an advantage and doesnt allow me to feel sorry for myself because I have control of what I am consuming and cant see what I am doing. Also, being abused I want to be able to get into the proper shape to defend myself in case of anyone who may attack me. Third and foremost I want to lose the baby weight that I gained PLUS some so I can feel comfortable with myself and feel sexy again....PLUS have something to feel good about when people try to make me jealous.................I know conceited..lol?

Arissa
  • GAsoulstar
    GAsoulstar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Continued improvement is what motivates me, because I see everyday as a different challenges. On our journey we must take it one day at a time and always be in ourselves.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    the more weight i lose the smaller my boobs get! i am a 36DD and there are NO cute bras. So i want to be able to go to target and buy a cute bra!

Try Victoria's Secret. I'm a 36DD and that is where I get my bras.

i have but since having kids my boobs are near as full as they used to be and pretty much all of their bras have low cut and if i wear one of those everyone will get a show cause they will fall right out!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    POINT BLANK!!! HATERS.....love em and they keep me motivated.......:smokin: I keep my cool and go harder...
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a paper chain (yes, like the kind you made in kindergarten to count down the days until Christmas) and there is a link for every pound down to my first major goal of 200lbs. Every 10lbs the color changes, and the last 10 are red (b/c they are the tougher ones). I only take links off on Sundays, and it is strangely fulfilling and motivating seeing the links slowly come off.

OOooh! I like this one! :)

wow that is a good idea!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Zombies. No joke. If I can't run and I can't defend myself, I'm screwed.

Also, the song Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk. How can that NOT motivate someone?
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    there are a few ladies on my MFP f.l. they keep me motivated and coming back (over 100 days now) :drinker:
    I think its strange, b/c its strangers, but they are super supportive
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    The fact that when (if) i ever let my fiance impregnate me (LoL, joke) you'll be able to see a baby belly. I just love baby bellies!

Same here!
  • ChrisFitPro
    ChrisFitPro Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    100's of people know me as a fitness professional, so the accountability couldn't be any higher.

Knowing that they are looking to me as an example and inspiration - this inspires me to stay the course and give it my all!

It's really cool IMO
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    My ex's boyfriend....He's ripped and I'm not LOL!
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    I know people that thought I would fall off and gain more weight after my husband and I separated. But guess what? I am fine as hell now without him!!!! I want to keep going and the see the look on their faces when they see I havent been stuffing my face with ice cream but instead have been busting my *kitten* in the gym getting HOT!!! Priceless, baby.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's strange or not but my main motivation is to prove my doctor wrong about the cause of my knee and ankle issues. I mean my weight my weight may be one PART of the problem but it isn't the whole story like he seems to think it is. I can't get him to think past that until I lose weight so here I am 10 lbs. down from when I saw him a month ago. 20 more pounds and I will go see him again and see what he says then. I also want to be at my pre-baby weight as an intermediate goal -- that's about another 31 pounds and when I get to 120, I'm getting a slinky red dress and reminding my husband of an old promise to take me to dinner in a limo at the top of the Space Needle when I get to that number again. Other than that--the only thing that makes my exercise walk tolerable at all is listening to worship music on my iPod. Starting my day with God starts me off on the right foot and reminds me that I can do this with His strength even though I do not want to exercise and never have! Keeps me disciplined to follow through with it even when I don't feel like it.
  • weighlossforbaby
    Options
    My husband. He is really really hot and I don't want to be the fat out of shape ugly wife. And I have two super tiny sister in laws. I am always the biggest one because I am always pregnant or just had a baby, FINALLY I can be their size!!! Oh and they are at least 12 years younger than I am!!!

You look AMAZING in your photos!!!!!!!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    Options
    I was on my way to the trail from my apartment when an old man said "they are teenagers before you know it." He thought I was pregnant!!!!!! Other motivation is my future unborn baby hahahaha!!!! :P
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Being comfortable enough in my skin to sexy photos taken. And by sexy I mean naked.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i want to look good on camera. and i want to rock my husbands world....always.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I am self-motivated, internally driven in ways I just can't explain.
    Any time in my life I ordered my priorities, the desire to win was overpowering and intoxicating.
    15 years ago my focus was success in business.
    At age 47 I retired set for life.
    Now my goals are all health and fitness oriented. Lost 70 + lbs so far with 10 more to go to be in peak condition.
    External things or people mean little. Success is its own reward.
    And success in life is always a choice.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound messed up, but it kept me going during my leg workout today. This was my mantra (and again, it just kinda popped in my head... oops):

"Must look better than the bride in my bridesmaid dress"

I'm a bridesmaid (for the first time!) in one of my best friend's wedding this October. I wanna look CUT!!
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Umm, when I am sitting on my *kitten* and doing nothing honestly. I get up and get my work-out clothes on. Half-way there, might as well keep going is what I say.