Fat Women in Bikinis!!!

Options

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    After 10 minutes of typing (with thumbs), I hit reply, and its locked! Aaaagh! So ill give the short and sweet version....

I've lost over 50 lbs in the last 4 years, have more than my share of stretch marks, saggy boobs, and chubby thighs. You know what though? Im STILL gonna rock this body! I may not be as thin as id like or as strong, but im working on it. I always thought that at 145 id be happywwith my body, but im not. I may never be totally satisfied. Does that mean I should hide away, so that no one thinks bad things about me? NO!!!! Im gonna show off my hard work, and be PROUD!

Its funny, my husband has been trying to drill that into my head for years. I guess I just had to get to a place where I was proud of myself to believe it.

ROCK THOSE BIKINIS LADIES!!!!!

Oh, and to all the great guys who have replied on this thread- I <3 you!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You ladies are amazing. Way to be proud of yourselves, goal weight or not!

It's important you know. Too many women I see expecting to magically feel better about themselves when they get the "perfect" body. Well I've also seen a few of them who've earned that body and they're still miserable and insecure. Because they never once allowed themselves to feel good about what they've accomplished.

:heart: you all.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I LOVE YOU, BRETT!!!!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    In honor of rolling the thread, here's another bikini that lost out in my shopping trip last week:

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/DSC03748.jpg[/img]

you totally should have bought it!!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

It's important you know. Too many women I see expecting to magically feel better about themselves when they get the "perfect" body. Well I've also seen a few of them who've earned that body and they're still miserable and insecure. Because they never once allowed themselves to feel good about what they've accomplished.

^^^^ This! 100%
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I am posting these, already but here goes!:blushing: The first one was about a month after the birth of my third child. The second one was a couple weeks ago, 5 months post-partum. There is about a 20 pound difference in these, with about 20 more to lose!
    progress2-1.jpg

I think you look great in both, but way to go reclaiming the body you want :D

You're too kind! Thank you!! I can't wait to get the rest off! This is all weight that I had just lost, before getting pregnant lol!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Here's another, you can see I have some thighs going on ;).

Photoon2012-06-18at18093.jpg

Girl i can only hope I can shape myself to something close to what you're working. Your figure is BANGIN! :drinker:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd post my before and during pictures (I don't want to call it my "after" picture because I'm still going!). The "before" pic is from March 2011 at my daughter's 2nd birthday party. It's the picture that really told me I had to get my fat *kitten* in shape!!

beforeandafter.jpg
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Rolllllllllled!

In honor of the awesomeness of this thread rolling, here is a pic of me in my favorite bikini. This is the first and only bikini I have ever worn in public. It was amazing and liberating to finally feel happy with where my body is. Looking back, I can say that I was sexy at a size 14, too, but I didn't feel it then. I wish I had, I deserved to feel this good and to be rocking a bikini all along!

4hwbck.jpg

I wish I was smiling in this photo, because I was on the inside.

Major props to everyone who has posted! There are so many goregous women in this thread! And to those of you who have posted a photo yet -- let me just say that it was this thread in an earlier form that gave me the push I needed to buy a bikini in the first place. Go do it!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Here's another, you can see I have some thighs going on ;).

Photoon2012-06-18at18093.jpg

I want your waist! OMG I'm jealous!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Brett = THE MAN!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

Thank you, Brett! This has been one of my biggest issues. I actually started wearing one last year at the request of my boyfriend. He said that I didn't have a lot of the problems that I thought I did, and I started wearing it around just him and a couple friends. As the summer went on, I felt better about it. This year, I am in one all the time. I finally feel "good" about how far I have come and while I know that I have a way to go, I can rock what I have got on the way! I am not "perfect", never will be. I have had a kid and was over 300 lbs for several years. But for ME, I am damn fine!

This is one of the bikinis that I bought for this year. I know it is not a full body shot, but once I have one, you best believe it will be up here too! I don't wear it for attention, I wear it because it makes ME feel good about ME.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    Hey how come my photo was taken off the last topic?
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thread- throwing this back up again. Trying to feel confident in a swimsuit- made it my profile pic as well. Need to get an updated one to show some more progress but starting to feel okay showing things off in swim wear.

4563526_2192.jpg
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thread- throwing this back up again. Trying to feel confident in a swimsuit- made it my profile pic as well. Need to get an updated one to show some more progress but starting to feel okay showing things off in swim wear.

4563526_2192.jpg

Girl, you look amazing!! This photo is actually pretty close to my goal.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options

4563526_2192.jpg

You look fabulous, I am envious of how tight your belly/hips are around the edge of that bikini. No muffin top for you :D.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I so :heart: that this thread rolled over - I am super proud of you lovely ladies. You are all rocking those bikinis!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

?? I think I saw it in a quoted post? I don't like the way the search feature works on this site.. but if your photo was removed from your post, definitely PM a mod to find out why!!!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options

?? I think I saw it in a quoted post? I don't like the way the search feature works on this site.. but if your photo was removed from your post, definitely PM a mod to find out why!!!

Thanks much! :)
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have read through every page of this thread and absolutely love it and think all you ladies look amazing! With that being said i never in a million years would have thought i would post an actual picture but you have all inspired me to share, i love how all of you have so much confidence and don't worry about what everyone else says or thinks. I feel i should share a bit of where i came from before i actually post the pic. because i am really freaking out about posting it but feel that i should seeing how all of you have. This is the only swimming suit i have owned since i was about 10, aside from a maternity suit i had but it was really more of a short dress than it was a swimming suit lol. I always wear shorts and a tank top. I have always hated the way i look and constantly feel like i am being judged and i think most of that comes from my mom, she weighed 95lbs. when she met my dad and was always super skinny and growing up all i ever heard was her judging people, they shouldn't wear that, that looks so gross, do they really think they need to eat that, they need to cover up etc. etc. etc. so i always hear that voice in the back of my head and i just assumed everyone else is like her and the funny thing is she is no longer small, she is my size now but still judges others, and i feel thats why i have such a hard time feeling comfortable with my body. So here is my picture and besides my kids and my husband you guys are the only ones i actually feel comfortable with sharing with, so thank you all :smile: and sorry this post is so freaking long, maybe i am trying to postpone pushing reply lol

IMG_20120619_104330.jpg

Also seeing all these bikinis makes me want to go try some on because my suit pretty much covers up everything i can possibly try to cover with a suit so i feel like I'm not really sharing as much as you ladies, plus who doesn't love going out and trying on new clothes, no matter what it is, I know i do lol.