Fat Women in Bikinis!!!

Options

Replies

• YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump, you all rock, I feel much more motivated, and might just try on a suit. Been along time since I have gone out in a suit, usually just do it around my immediate family. You guys are amazing. I admire your confidence, each and every one of you
  • fitnesschristy
    Options
    Are we just upset that we are no longer the size 9's we used to be in high school? I went up to a size 11 by my twenties, but stayed there so long I thought I was alright - skinny. but now that I'm nearing that 39 mark, I feel so fat in a size 12. Just because i'm no longer in misses/juniors, and instead wearing womens. I'm thinking we are all fairly "tall' so that is why we feel "big'. I'm 5'7" and 149, much like several others I read here. I surey do not have any photos of myself in anything revealing my gut!
  • LizzCallahan
    LizzCallahan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I spent the last hour reading every single post on this thread and LOVING the pictures. You have all convinced me to try on a bikini that hasn't seen the light of day in a while. The bottoms are still way too small, but hey, my bottom is slowly getting smaller. :blushing:

I really wish my new swimsuit were here - it's fantabulous (well, at least it is on the model on the interwebs :laugh: )

IMG_20120619_111809.jpg
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I really need to get this out but do some of you really think you are fat?? I know everyone's idea of fat is different but i clearly see many people here that are barely overweight posting pics???

To answer this, did you read the OP? And no I don't think I'm fat, I was fat here in this before photo.

mechan.jpg

I'm not where I want to be but I do have a lot more confident now.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Should've just been titled, "Hot Kortney in a bikini!"

Bam. Truth.

BOOM what was that you say?? It was a truth bomb and it was just dropped on you
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I spent the last hour reading every single post on this thread and LOVING the pictures. You have all convinced me to try on a bikini that hasn't seen the light of day in a while. The bottoms are still way too small, but hey, my bottom is slowly getting smaller. :blushing:

I really wish my new swimsuit were here - it's fantabulous (well, at least it is on the model on the interwebs :laugh: )

IMG_20120619_111809.jpg

Love it!!!
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    I am in love with this thread, I just want to keep trying on bikinis! I own so many bathing suits, my husband would kill me if I bought more. Well with the exception of clothes being too big, more motovation for next summer. New bikinis. :)

If I could get my wife to buy bikinis, I would let her ... hell, I would ENCOURAGE HER to buy as many as she wanted!

And by the way, all of you who have posted pics, you look amazing! Props to you all!!!!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    ?action=view&current=bikinibefore.jpg

I still won't wear the thing outside of my house, but it's good for giving the dog a bath, at least. Ick.

I attempted to fix for you.... lowercase the img tag
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Are we just upset that we are no longer the size 9's we used to be in high school? I went up to a size 11 by my twenties, but stayed there so long I thought I was alright - skinny. but now that I'm nearing that 39 mark, I feel so fat in a size 12. Just because i'm no longer in misses/juniors, and instead wearing womens. I'm thinking we are all fairly "tall' so that is why we feel "big'. I'm 5'7" and 149, much like several others I read here. I surey do not have any photos of myself in anything revealing my gut!

Nope, I'm 5'3", 200 pounds, a solid size 14 .... I am considered obese. Doesn't mean I'm not kickin' *kitten* and takin' names on a daily basis trying to get to the healthy place I want to be.
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    great job! you look awesome!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options

IMG_20120619_111809.jpg

You look great!!!!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options

Nope, I'm 5'3", 200 pounds, a solid size 14 .... I am considered obese. Doesn't mean I'm not kickin' *kitten* and takin' names on a daily basis trying to get to the healthy place I want to be.

I'm 5'5'', which is actually terribly exciting because I've spent my entire adult life claiming I was 5'4''..... and then realized the other day that I'm 5'5''.... and less than 1 pound from a healthy BMI (instead of 7). Exciting stuff!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'd love to roll this thread right now!!! Let's keep this one going... I've done this thread a couple of times, but with summer upon us, I feel it's most important right. now.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    thm_phpqQSHK2.jpg
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options

IMG_20120619_111809.jpg

You look great - I love your suit!
  • joannafarrer
    Options
    My first ever bikini photo, and sure as heck the first one I have ever posted online. I never thought I would jump in on one of these threads, but there's been some ugliness on the boards this morning, and this thread is needed.

Untitled-2.jpg

I weigh 180 pounds, at 5'8" tall. I wear a large shirt, with size 12 pants.
    Please, be nice. This is a second hand bikini that I know doesn't look great, but hey, I'm trying to not care here. One day I may have the courage to wear a bikini out of the house, but I'm super shy about stretch marks and weird tummyness.

You look lovely. And even if there were anything to worry about (which there isn't), with a face as pretty as yours, no-one's going to be looking below your neck.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    thm_phpqQSHK2.jpg

Adorable suit! You are ROCKIN' it!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    thm_phpqQSHK2.jpg

You look so awesome, sassy, and that is some amazing hair and an amazing suit! eeee!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options

I'm happy that I'm not a size 26 any longer (I was a 16 in high school, and I'm a 12 now), but I do still identify with "fat," particularly when it comes to bikinis, because I still have weight to lose; and having lost 102 pounds in three years, my tummy is not a pretty sight.But hey, if I can help inspire others to accept their bodies, flaws and all, I'm willing to throw on a bikini.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was posted, but in case any of you guys need some inspiration:

http://www.xojane.com/fun/gallery/fatkini