Fat Women in Bikinis!!!

Options

Replies

• EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I really need to get this out but do some of you really think you are fat?? I know everyone's idea of fat is different but i clearly see many people here that are barely overweight posting pics???

This is what OP said: "Or, hey, if you're just a woman who has never before been confident in your swimwear... post a pic of yourself in your favorite bikini or swim suit!!! I want to see the confident, happy, motivated people of MFP doing what we do best - be amazing.

You don't have to look perfect, you just have to know you're working your *kitten* off to be better today than you were yesterday."

And I shared my story because that is me. I didn't feel comfortable and now I do. Not because I lost 50 lbs, but because I decided I didn't care what other people thought- bikinis feel good on my body. I'd run around naked if i could. If you want, I can post pics from when I was at my biggest wearing bikinis. I just wanted to share the bikini I made....cuz it rocks.

And, yes, even at 123 I thought I was fat. Why? because I don't look like a model. We all have body issues. That's why we are here.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well im sorry some of you feel you are overweight at 343 lbs i am above and beyond overweight. I couldn't post a pic of myself after seeing all you beautiful ladies in bodies i would kill for seriously... i don't know maybe my stupid opinion. I haven't been under 225 lbs since i was 14 years old. I can't remember the last time i was under 300lbs i think i would seriouslyl get laughed at if i posted a pic... i seriously don;t want anyone to have nightmares tonight lol
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    A general theme here seems to be, without a doubt, that most women have an overly negative view of their bodies. The pics I've seen in this thread look quite good, while many times the poster is worried about how terrible she looks, etc. Again, not saying there can't be improvements. But I think most of you are in a much better spot than you realize.

I'm also reminded of another thread here recently where men were asked to pick their favorite body type, and many (most?) chose curvy women over skinny women. I know I did... ;-)

Sure, by all means lose more weight if you'll be healthier, you feel better, in some cases you'll look even better, etc. But my guess is that you are probably putting much more pressure on yourself than others around you.

In any case, let's keep those pics coming, ladies! ;-)

--Prahasaurus
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A bikini really isnt about size it is about confidence. You will feel that way too someday.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    <--- my first 2 piece - very excited...
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Looking great ladies!
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of all of the ladies that have posted here! Being confident in your own skin is 99% of the battle. You should be proud of the progress you have made.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've been stalking this thread since it started, and I find you ladies all so incredibly motivating. So I am going to attempt to put my self-criticisms aside and post in a progress sort of fashion.... because I think that's about the only way I can find the bravery to go ahead and post here.

Today. I feel like I need to apologize for the frighteningly white skin and lack of makeup. But the goal is to see the bikini, right?

IMG_6862.jpg

Okay, now I need to hit post before I change my mind.

Girl, you look awesome. I love your suit, love your body, love your smile. Great job, and I'm glad you found the courage to post.
  • irishkrissie
    irishkrissie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bikini!!! I would totally post! Will you accept a bandeau without the skirt bottom? lol
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I really need to get this out but do some of you really think you are fat?? I know everyone's idea of fat is different but i clearly see many people here that are barely overweight posting pics???

I know that I'm not fat anymore. But I still identify as a fat woman because I used to be fat. I don't see it is a negative thing, so the label for myself doesn't hurt me. It's almost like it's a community that I still want to be accepted as a part of. I'm an adipositive right into the very center of my being. But I needed to get healthier and happier and fat loss was the way to do that for me.

So, no, I'm not fat, I guess, but I still want to be included!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Girl, you look awesome. I love your suit, love your body, love your smile. Great job, and I'm glad you found the courage to post.

Thanks! Confidence is hard to come by, but I'm getting there!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Okay, listen closely ladies ... REGARDLESS OF YOUR SIZE, we're all allowed to 'feel fat' ... we all have body image issues and struggle with self confidence. Why don't we do this - ignore the title of the thread (which is more for attention-value than anything else), and think about the actual body of the OP:
    Or, hey, if you're just a woman who has never before been confident in your swimwear... post a pic of yourself in your favorite bikini or swim suit!!! I want to see the confident, happy, motivated people of MFP doing what we do best - be amazing.

You don't have to look perfect, you just have to know you're working your *kitten* off to be better today than you were yesterday.

The purpose of this thread is for everyone, no matter what your size, to step out of your comfort zone and post your photo. There is no weight limit on this, there are no stipulations or judgements. If you want to try to come out of your shell and test the waters of feeling good about your hard work (regardless of where you came from, where you are, or where you're going), DO IT.

It is nobody's place to decide who is or isn't 'fat enough' to post, and it's really nobody's place to tell someone else how to feel about themselves. Women with low body fat, ripped abs, amazing skin and a tight *kitten* can feel just as bad about themselves as a woman with stretch marks and rolls.

Self esteem isn't about the size in your pants, it's about loving the person you are and the person you want to be.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    I don't have a bikini!!! I would totally post! Will you accept a bandeau without the skirt bottom? lol

DO IT.

I have some of me in tops with jeans.... I thought about posting those instead of taking new photos. But I love my current suit, so I just did it.
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options

bikini196006.jpg

Me at 196. Just under 45 lbs down. I love bikinis but I am afraid to wear in public as to what others will think.

Sorry if I uploaded them wrong, its my first time

You look wonderful! I know you say 196, but I don't believe you :P
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options

Self esteem isn't about the size in your pants....

I admittedly was all mentally cheering, and then all was lost when I hit this line. :laugh:
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options

Original post:

"Or, hey, if you're just a woman who has never before been confident in your swimwear... post a pic of yourself in your favorite bikini or swim suit!!! I want to see the confident, happy, motivated people of MFP doing what we do best - be amazing.

You don't have to look perfect, you just have to know you're working your *kitten* off to be better today than you were yesterday."
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have not worn a bathing suit in years. As I get closer to my goal, I plan on getting one and swimming. My dream bathing suit is the old fashioned one pieces of the 30’s and 40’s where the bathing suit has the look of a short, very fitted cling dress.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    I have not worn a bathing suit in years. As I get closer to my goal, I plan on getting one and swimming. My dream bathing suit is the old fashioned one pieces of the 30’s and 40’s where the bathing suit has the look of a short, very fitted cling dress.

www.modcloth.com

I lust over their suits all the time.
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options

www.modcloth.com

I lust over their suits all the time.

Also, these guys are really fabulous, and have some of the smexiest swimsuits I have seen. http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/swimwear.html
  • azmodi
    azmodi Posts: 1
    Options
    bikinibefore.jpg

I still won't wear the thing outside of my house, but it's good for giving the dog a bath, at least. Ick.