for anyone considering the Couch to 5K...

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thank you AlyssasMommy and m2k. That's an old pic though taken last year. I needed a pic of me for the "thread killer" thread so I could have a arrow pointing to it. :laugh: I'll have to have my son take some pics of me so I can post some more recent pics.
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I ran 28 minutes last night, lost 3 more pounds, and not only did I wear a belt but I tucked in my shirt today! I haven't done that in years!!! I love this program!! :smile:
  • mommared53
    Options
    Congratulations Amy and welcome back! :flowerforyou: You haven't posted for awhile. Ok, girlie, Saturday it's 30 minutes! Are you with me? :bigsmile:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Betty, I'm with you - lol!!! Did 30 mins today - non stop, again. Might have been pushing myself a little too hard ... wanting to go faster already, but did it and feel AWESOME!

On runnersworld.com there's an article about doubling your distance in 6-7 weeks. I'm thinking of trying either that or "Becoming a One Hour Runner" as the next step.

Any takers for either program?
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did it...i finally ran the 25 minutes of W7 without stopping :) I am so freaking happy right now...and i lost 4.4 lbs this week, so I genuinely thrilled today :)

Good luck Amy and Momma on your 30 minute run this week. I know you will do so amazing yet again. I hope all goes well for you guys and everyone else running today. Keep up the good work, you are all such inspirations to me so thank you for that :blushing:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Betty, I'm with you - lol!!! Did 30 mins today - non stop, again. Might have been pushing myself a little too hard ... wanting to go faster already, but did it and feel AWESOME!

On runnersworld.com there's an article about doubling your distance in 6-7 weeks. I'm thinking of trying either that or "Becoming a One Hour Runner" as the next step.

Smiles, I'll totally do the One Hour Runner (Or OHR as I guess it's called!). Here's a link I found to it.
    http://mindplunge.com/c25k/one-hour-runner.html

It's funny, I was wondering what's coming next...I was thinking "Is that it? Do I just run now? Am I a runner?" :laugh:
  • mommared53
    Options
    Smiles, excellent job on running for 30 minutes! We have arrived! :happy: What a great feeling that is.

Maddie congratulations on the 25 minutes and the weight loss. WOW, I'm impressed! 4.4 pounds! Way to go!

Toots, you made me laught with "Am I a runner?" :laugh: Yes, you are. We all are and it feels fantastic! Thanks for the link. I looked it up and Maddie count me in. I'm going to go for it too.

I bought a pedometer last night and tonight Amy and I are going to see if we can run the 5k. I know we can run for 30 minutes but I don't think we're actually running for 3.2 miles. We'll see how we do tonight. November 28 is the big day when we're planning to run the 5k in Seattle. WOOHOO!!

Good luck all you running fools. Keep up the good work. We can do this. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Resting today.

Congrats to the 28 & 30 minute runners!

One of the reasons I like this program is I like exercise in roughly 30 minute chunks... running an hour at a time just doesn't appeal... unless I were to run a 10k. :-)

Gotta make it to 28 minutes before worrying about that!

My first run of week 8 is tomorrow.
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    Hey momma , Thanks for the congrats. I was super shocked by the 4lbs lost too. I am FINALLY looking forward to stepping on the scales again :) I also talked to one of the girls who I work with and we are running a 5km on October 18th . its a great race through Toronto and they also run a half and full marathon that day. I am excited for my first ever 5km this year (or EVER

we also decided that we are aiming for a half marathon at the race next year which I guess will be October 17, 2010 and I am pumped because it will keep me motivated for the next year. Especially since the half marathon will be after my wedding so its a future-fantastic goal lol :) Anyway, good luck on your runs this evening and tomorrow you crazy running fools :)

Im going for the last 25 minute run tomorrow morning before we go to the local county fair and I know I shouldnt but Imight feel the need to get a small square of fudge or some AMAZING fries. It only happens once a year and i might have a small treat but Im making sure to put in some extra exercise tomorrow so I dont feel so guilty :) shhhhh I know Im being bad :blushing:
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    45 minutes. FOURTY FIVE MINUTES. I, who 3 months ago could hardly walk a block without stopping to catch my breath, just ran 45 minutes.

That is all.

:happy:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    45 minutes. FOURTY FIVE MINUTES. I, who 3 months ago could hardly walk a block without stopping to catch my breath, just ran 45 minutes.

That is all.

Congratulations!!!!! So proud of you!!
  • mommared53
    Options
    Well, just got back from our run. I didn't quite make the 5k. I managed to run 2 and 3/4 miles. I'm still pretty proud of myself though. I have 2 months to train for the Seattle 5k. I know I'll get there.

Good luck on your run tomorrow Jprice. I have faith that you'll make it. :bigsmile:

Maddie, I hope you have fun at the fair tomorrow. I'm sure it's in the rule book some where that you're allow to have one small cheat at one fair one time per year. :laugh:

Good luck everyone and happy running. :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    Options

That is all.

There's my girl! :happy: So proud of you!! Not only did you run for 45 minutes but you ran the 5K! Congratulations!! :happy: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    wooo hooo amy!!! you are a freakin rock star!!!! I am so jealous and inspired at the same time!!! I also have to say that i was running 25minutes and looking at the 30 minute runs and I didnt think it would get me 5km and apparently I was sort of right becuase it took you 45 minutes to run the 5km which is AMAZING by the way!!!!

i am so glad for you....that is so awesome!!!!! keep up the good work and the posts so that we have something to aspire to each day :)
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    amylynne26 - YOU are AMAZING! Congratulations!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

Smiles, I'll totally do the One Hour Runner (Or OHR as I guess it's called!). Here's a link I found to it.
    http://mindplunge.com/c25k/one-hour-runner.html

It's funny, I was wondering what's coming next...I was thinking "Is that it? Do I just run now? Am I a runner?" :laugh:

Awesome! I'll have to take a look at the article - where are you at right now? I'm finding that since I made the 30 minutes, I'm feeling a little lost.... just a little though. Having the structure and increasing goals is really motivating for me - and having you all to report back to.... Let's keep going! I'm shooting for another 30 minutes today (I do have a cold, the sniffles, but am going to do my best... I'll report back in).
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    amylynne26 - YOU are AMAZING! Congratulations!

Ditto!!!!! Amylynne - you ROCK!!!! Thanks so much for starting this thread, and being our fearless leader! :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

That is all.

That's so great!! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    Options
    Well, it's official, I'm an official runner. I just went on line and subscribed to Runners World magazine. :bigsmile: :happy::laugh:
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    that is awesome. A good friend of mine has a subscription to a couple different running magazines and I always borrow them after she reads them and it works good for me for motivation.

Im sure you wil love it :)