do you get jealous

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Nope. Usually an SO's celebrity crush is a similar type to me anyway. One had a crush on Christina Ricci. I was totally okay with that, we look really similar in some pictures. Another had a crush on the singer of Garbage. That only bothered me because I'm not a fan.
  • mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    His is Jessica Biel and I just use her as my inspiration.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    None that I've been told about, but I'm very aware that I'm not his typical "type". He doesn't really watch TV or learn actresses names, so he doesn't really have one. Celebrity crushes are fine, I almost wish he had one. I'm happy to drool over Thor and Robert Downey Jr to him, which he just finds amusing :)
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    He has never been the kind for celebrity crushes, but if he told me he found "XYZ Celebrity" attractive, I'd probably agree with him that she is a very beautiful girl (whoever it happened to be).

Maybe I'd feel a little unappreciated though, on the inside, but I'd never say it, because we all see people who we find attractive. There isn't anything wrong with that, and I'd be silly to get upset over something like that.
    I just think I'm a little sensitive about physical appearance.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I arranged for my wife to meet her celeb crush Jason Mraz. She even got a kiss!

Ok, that I'm jealous of. How in the world did you arrange that? And when can I meet him? There's no one I would leave my husband for, but Jason Mraz is so amazing!!!

I guess since I'm posting here, I should answer the question. No, I wouldn't, but I don't think he has true crushes anymore. Women he would consider attractive, yeah. I'm not the jealous type anyway.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Nope. Why would I get jealous of a fantasy my hubby is never going to meet? He feels similarly and is absolutely fine with me drooling of Jeremy Renner's arms, or Ryan Gosling's tush, or Liev Schreiber's, well, his everything coz he's just gorgeous on every level! If my hubby wants to lust after Abby from NCIS, then that's fine by me, coz I can see she's totally hot and he'd have to be blind to not find her attractive. People are attracted to beautiful people - it's entirely natural, but it doesn't mean that my hubby is going to run off with Angelina Jolie, even if she wanted him to - LOL!

I even know he finds several of my friends very attractive, but he would never, ever do anything about that. a) because he's far to decent, b) because they wouldn't either, and c) because we've both been cheated on in the past and know how that feels and would never want to put someone else through that.

I used to be a jealous person, but that was when I was going out with a total schmuck who gave me reason to get green eyed. Now I'm with someone I trust 100% I have managed to banish the monster. It took time, but I got there. :)
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely. I'm sensitive about my looks and when my previous girlfriend made a comment about some actor being attractive, I decided that I wouldn't be seeing any film with him starring ever again. I'm single now so I don't have to worry about that crap. I have had girlfriends who didn't make comments about attractive men, I wonder why not. Maybe they considered my feelings.
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bugs my about my boyfriends crushes is they are all blondes, and I'm brunette. Guess it just bugs me that he likes blondes ;) and I don't understand why he's with me if I'm not a blondie.

Because hair colour is probably the 20th most important thing on a guys list, if you're talking about people you actually meet. A celebrity crush is different because you don't get to know 15 of the things on a list of 20.
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    We don't really talk about it, but I wouldn't be jealous. I have no misconceptions about being massively attractive, so if he wants someone gorgeous to look at he'll have to go elsewhere!!

I tend to fall for characters; I'll only get a crush on a celebrity if I like a character that they've played. So... yeah. I only get crushes on people who don't exist!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Nope. They're just fantasies, and not something we'd even question. I have a list as long as my arm of celebrity crushes, but doesn't mean I'll leave him for them - he's a hottie anyway, so I'm one lucky gal!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    No.
    Carrie Underwood is a vegitarian, and I like to eat meat.

So I'm cool with his crush.
  • dexter62
    dexter62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    mine is angelina J. and hers is daniel craig, alittle fantasy is good for the soul......and the relationship too