do you get jealous

Options

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My ex husband's was Mila Kunis and Elisha Cuthbert....this is not why we are divorcing hahahaha

Can you really blame him on either though? Both gorgeous.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Maybe it isn't the celeb thing as much as she doesn't react that way with you?

She actually is very excited and passionate about me. This was just a question to gain perspective from others. I have little overlapping self insecurities from my past relationships. Therefore, this is no real reflection on her as it is an opportunity for me to voice my own feelings about myself and find a way to accept who I am and who I am not.
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    But why would anyone blather on about how hot someone else is to or in front of their SO? Just seems a little tasteless - almost like the desire is to get a reaction out of them. Seems a little immature/toxic in and of itself...

This.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    No, although to be fair I think my husband's celebrity crush is ugly (Kate Beckinsale). But even if I didn't think so, what's there to be jealous of? Clearly his crush extends only to the point that he finds her physically attractive, which is an uncontrolled biological response. He doesn't have a crush on her as a person, because he has not and will not ever meet her.

If my SO was jealous of a celebrity crush, I would be ending the clearly insecure relationship with him.

Best response I've seen yet... I think you have some pretty serious issues if you're jealous of a celeb crush and truly need to seek professional help! My ex-wife used to get jealous of women on TV all the time or pretty much any other woman for that matter... regardless of if I looked at them or not. It was completely and utterly exhausting and toxic.

One girl said... "My SO is not ALLOWED to have one." among other things... Ummmm... BUH BYE! She screams psycho all over her post... and says her man digs jealousy. I can see the initial flattery with that... but something like that long term. Hell no!

I hate how girls get the "psycho" label just for being insecure and a tiny bit jealous. Have you ever considered that there's a reason a lot of us are insecure? I've dated 4 men so far and got cheated on by 2 of them. I think that would shatter a lot of girls' confidence, especially since I didn't have much to begin with. I'm not insane, I just want to know whether I can trust him or not and if I measure up. When you come from a broken home and being told constantly that you aren't good enough, of course you're going to be insecure and jealous. Not everyone is given a good foundation for a healthy body image and self esteem so it's a lot harder for some of us. Glad to know that I'm a psycho. :/

Men get cheated on also. I have been cheated on. Thats no reason to go all psycho and hate every other woman. Obviously its a sleezy move to drool over other women in the presence of your SO but if you're going crazy over a celeb crush because "i've been cheated on" then thats not a good enough excuse. Actually, you have no excuse ever to be psycho about these things. If he cheated on you and you cannot trust him ever again, leave him. Why would you want to live with somebody you cannot trust...?
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Not at all. As a matter of fact, if one of his crushes showed up at the door, I'd say "Should I give you some time alone, or do you want me to operate the video camera?"

THIS! ^^^^
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    My husband is in love with Sade. I am not jealous. She is banging for her age and I just hope I look half as good then.

He on the other hand gets very jealous of my love for Joe Manganiello and does not ever want to hear about it again... which makes life difficult since Magic Mike comes out on Friday.

this is where I'm at too. She's pumped to see Magic Mike. I want her to go see it and have fun with her friends. I just have a difficult time seeing how excited she is to see it becuase of who is in it. Ugh! What's wrong with me!?

Nothing is wrong with you. And if it bothers you to hear about it, she ought to be a little more considerate (and maybe grow up).

She's actually quite considerate of my feelings. ...

Lol, I don't think that word means what you think it means...
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow - this hits close to home. Last year I finally got to meet and spend time with my celebrity crush of over 30 years, and yes, my hubby was jealous. It surprised me, since it's not like I'm going to run off with the guy, but apparently it touched a nerve and my husband was a little bent out of shape over it for a while.

Hopefully he's over it since I'm going to go see him again in August. :D

ETA: He was actually fine with the crush until I really MET the guy and was excited about how super nice he was. (We'd both always kind of thought that if it ever happened, he'd turn out to be a typical celebrity jerk). I think the reality of it, rather than the pie-in-the-sky "Oh yeah, you have your 'freebie' list ha ha" was what did it to him.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a neighbor who would get insanely jealous if her future ex husband thought a girl on TV was hot. To the point she would physically attack him. Well- they are now in the midst of getting a divorce because SHE cheated on him. I think if someone gets that jealous they obviously are transferring their issues. She mind played her husband as well. This girl is insane for sure.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't have an S/O, problem solved.

When I did, yes he hated it.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have a neighbor who would get insanely jealous if her future ex husband thought a girl on TV was hot. To the point she would physically attack him. Well- they are now in the midst of getting a divorce because SHE cheated on him. I think if someone gets that jealous they obviously are transferring their issues. She mind played her husband as well. This girl is insane for sure.

Yikes! My ex-wife once threw a paper weight at my head and missed by about 2 inches in an argument over something like this...

That kind of jealousy never ends well...
  • twinkle320
    twinkle320 Posts: 23
    Options
    In my younger years it bothered me, now, not so much. Which is strange if you think about it since I looked better back then and had less reason to be insecure. My DH LOVES Katy Perry and has our 7 year old son crushing on her too. I personally don't see the appeal and am not jealous what-so-ever. My celebrity crush is Alexander Skarsgard (Eric on True Blood) and yes, DH HATES it. It doesn't make sense to be jealous of people that you will only mostly likely ever encounter on TV or in print.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    ...Yes. My bf loves Sofia Vergara and I know I'll never be able to measure up to her. The woman is perfection. :(
    If it makes you feel any better, the chick is a HUGE *****! We've shot State Farm commercials with her and she's not a pleasant person! She may be "perfect" in terms of physical appearance, but she's annoying, demanding and *****y to all Hell!
    Wow, you're a real professional.

Call it like I see it.

You're still supposed to be professional, but whatever.

Professional on a weight loss website? Seriously?? Lighten up dude.

THIS^^

For real! Yes, you are supposed to be professional when it comes to this kind of stuff. However, this isn't FACEBOOK, TWITTER or the TABLOIDS for that matter! She hasn't said anything that will actually defame Sofia! It is an opinion. And opinion based off of her experience. Entitled!!! Just saying.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I think I'm of a fairly young age and I've heard of folks lowering standards at the age of like 50 or something but...after dealing with so many women I have 1 thing I look for in a women

Don't be a psycho B**ch.

Thats all. That is now literally all I try to look for in a woman
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't get jealous of his attraction to her, but sometimes when he says "x chick is hot", I look in the mirror and stare blankly at myself for a while. I definitely wouldn't be upset if he got the chance, but when he makes it clear that he is most attracted to a body type I don't even want for myself, it kinda stings a bit.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    In my younger years it bothered me, now, not so much. Which is strange if you think about it since I looked better back then and had less reason to be insecure. My DH LOVES Katy Perry and has our 7 year old son crushing on her too. I personally don't see the appeal and am not jealous what-so-ever. My celebrity crush is Alexander Skarsgard (Eric on True Blood) and yes, DH HATES it. It doesn't make sense to be jealous of people that you will only mostly likely ever encounter on TV or in print.

We have the same taste in celebrity crushes :) I love Alex!!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Emma Thompson! Im not jelous why would I be!
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    Hers is Clint Eastwood, which is cool because he is one of my favorite actors and I'd like to meet him...lol
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Nope. Well I used to, but not anymore. You know, I saw someone else say that's their job-- to look perfect. They have a constant entourage whose sole purpose is to make them look good (nutritionist, hair stylist, makeup artist, multiple trainers, private chefs, etc.). In print and on video (which let's face it, is the ONLY way most of us will ever see them), they also have the luxury of touchups. That's what celebrities are for- to embody fantasy and be whatever their audience (us!) wants them to be. It's their job and they're damn good at it. I know who my boyfriend likes; he certainly has a type. But it's healthy and natural to look and be attracted to others! She's still a woman (I hear guys use that excuse all the time, so I'm stealing it) and she didn't stop being a woman when she started dating you. There's a difference between love and attraction and you know it. I look at both guys and girls- he should be allowed to have the same freedom. Humans appreciate beauty :wink:
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options

I also love Katy Perry! LOL
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow - this hits close to home. Last year I finally got to meet and spend time with my celebrity crush of over 30 years, and yes, my hubby was jealous. It surprised me, since it's not like I'm going to run off with the guy, but apparently it touched a nerve and my husband was a little bent out of shape over it for a while.

Hopefully he's over it since I'm going to go see him again in August. :D

ETA: He was actually fine with the crush until I really MET the guy and was excited about how super nice he was. (We'd both always kind of thought that if it ever happened, he'd turn out to be a typical celebrity jerk). I think the reality of it, rather than the pie-in-the-sky "Oh yeah, you have your 'freebie' list ha ha" was what did it to him.

I think this is where I get stuck. I understand its unlikely the meet would happen but if it did I'm sure I would be very jealous.