Why do you work out?

Options

Replies

• reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i workout because it just feel natural to me after doing it for so long (football and wrestling pretty much all my life, the latter into college) and i feel wrong without it. however, i don't log my workouts, because i set my calories manually
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i hate working out but working out means weight should come off faster...that is the only reason.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I like lifting weights.
    I like the feeling of progression (adding weight or reps) and it is very addicting.
    When I compare what I look like now, to what I looked like two years ago, it makes me very happy and I want to keep going.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Tons if reasons. To name a few...

I like increasing my calorie allotment so I can eat more.
    The biking I do gets me out of the house for awhile and I take a scenic route.
    It relieves some of my stress and is a lot better for me than scarfing down cookies, donuts, and muffins.
    It's helping me get to the weight I want to be and energy for things I want to do.
    I like challenging myself and I'm up for it.
  • moyanna
    moyanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I work out because on good days it gives me energy and on bad days it makes me feel like I did something great for my body. A win/win in my book.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    So many reasons. It makes me look leaner rather than if I just lost by calorie deficit. I can get smaller faster it seems. There's also this high I get from endorphins after a good workout that makes me feel good for the rest of the day. I love how my breathing is easier also after I cool down from a workout. To tighten up lose skin a bit. To improve my metabolism. . . and so on. XD
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I like working out because I feel physically and mentally MUCH better when I do. I have much more energy. Not to mention, I prefer to be in shape, not just lose weight. I love lifting weights :heart: It's a challenge and I feel like I'm doing a lot to improve not just my body but my overall health. I enjoy running, too. Running on a treadmill or doing cardio indoors bores the crap out of me, though.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    So I look good with clothes on :)
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing way for me to unwind and burn some stress.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i love to work out to get out of the house...i work from home and its boring...so working out is my time away from life for at least an hour or so...lol..

i also love to be able to eat a bit more of the pizza or a bit more of the snickers bar.

i love the satisfying feeling i get after a great session!!!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    OCD, quit smoking, pattern broken, needed something to replace and fix the pattern. I started walking. Walking turned into jogging, then Zumba, then lifting. So I do them all in some form or another because they're part of my routine, just like having that after dinner or morning cigarette. I also enjoy walking, lifting and Zumba. Jogging's ok, but my boobs jounce around too damn much.
  • TeenageSwag
    Options
    Too look hot so chicks would dig me
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I workout because it shows how much energy and strength I have. And plus I love what it is doing for my body. :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Cuz I wanna looking F N sexy naked.. why else? ;)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Easy. I want to eat more and look better. :)
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So girls can do shots out of my washboard abs this summer.
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    I work out to be healthy and set a good example for my children. I don't want them to be lazy (and unhealthy) like I was for so long.

^^^This^^^^.......and to one day look good naked..of course..
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Started out so I can eat more and now I just love the exercise. I started the C25k, hated it, and now I love jogging after just three weeks. Plus even though I'm still fat my legs look amazing.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I started running because, like eating vegetables, I knew it was good for me. Turns out the joke was on me.......I found that I really liked it and that, with a little persistence I could run 5K, then 10K then half-marathons, it's insanely empowering and it's way less expensive than therapy.
  • Emilyx27
    Emilyx27 Posts: 1
    Options
    I work out because I know the end result is worth it. Going to the gym makes me feel better about myself, and going for a long run is a great way to get outside and have some peace of mind.