Why do you work out?

Options

Replies

• 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    At first I worked out because I knew it would help me in the weight battle I am in. Now I workout because I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER after I do it. If I get up and I'm feeling sluggish and lazy after I workout I feel so energized. It is like crack or something. I totally feel a difference when I work out and when I don't. My food choices are also better when I work out because I don't want to sabatage when I worked so hard to accomplish.

Angel :)
  • BahamaMama77
    BahamaMama77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm super hyper so working out lets me use some of my pent up energy. Plus I feel better. Love those endorphins.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I work out because that's what you have to do to lose weight and look good. I'd rather just sleep all the time.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I don't love to work out..I don't want to work out...that said, I do it because I think I need to to lose weight and I want to be healthy so I can play with my kids...but I don't just wake up and say "Hey I can't wait to work out!"
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's gives me an after energy, that seems to last for hours after I'm done. It's my own personal high.
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I love sports and being an athlete has always been 2nd nature to me even though I no longer look like that athlete haha
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like to feel strong. It also helps to control my appetite and suppress (spelling?) cravings for unhealthy snacks.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Because of the reasons most everyone else has said and because I never regret a workout but I always regret not working out...like today. :grumble:

22588435601337462_Zbl3X9Gg_f.jpg
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    To build muscle, so I can eat more, to make my body do what it was built to do, to keep my brain and heart healthy.

To look good naked.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I workout because I like to play outside :smile:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Because of the reasons most everyone else has said and because I never regret a workout but I always regret not working out...like today. :grumble:

22588435601337462_Zbl3X9Gg_f.jpg

TRUE STATEMENT :drinker:
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I work out so I can eat more.

Yeah, yeah... plus the health benefits, relieves stress, tones, builds muscle, etc. But if I'm being honest, it's so I can eat more. Plain and simple. :tongue:

I started out because of this, then it became so I could get to my goal faster and so I wouldn't feel guilty, now it's because I feel better and have more energy :happy:
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for so long now, it's more like "why wouldn't I be working out?" and I can't really think of a good answer for that.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    everything that everyone said goes for me too.

I love working out now, hated it at the beginning. .... tone me, I want muscle, (girl muscles, but big ones)
  • ljb82
    ljb82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The working out is the easy part of the new lifestyle. It's the eating healthier part that's hard for me :(

I work out to loose unwanted weight and it makes me feel happier :)
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    To keep diabetes and hypertension at bay, and it does not hurt that the fat is leaving - LOL!
  • Redskins76
    Redskins76 Posts: 68
    Options
    I workout because I want to try and stay in shape for my wife and 2 active boys!
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    The body and fitness level I want can't be achieved by diet only.

And it's fun. There isn't a single workout that I do that I actually hate. It isn't a chore.

My OH and I are quite outdoorsy. It's just what we do.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My question is "Why do you work out?" or "Why don't you?"
    I feel so much better, both physically and mentally, when I work out. I know I did something good for my body too. I take my rest days when my body tells me too, but otherwise if I don't work out I'm not nearly as energetic throughout the day @ work. I just feel sluggish. I need that endorphin release! :)
  • Antioxidote
    Options
    I like watching my body change and seeing how hard i can push myself. Im addicted to the rush