is it really worth it?

Options

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im using protein shakes to help me.. that way i can pretty much eat whatever for supper! Im still under the 1200 net per day, but not by choice! I find that when eating the right things, im just not as hungry anymore! I also add a spoon of fiber to my shakes twice a day to help with the cravings and wanting to eat.

Ive been overweight for 8 years, and I attempted to diet, but always got discouraged. Its true what they say.. when you learn how to be healthy, its NOT a diet! yesterday i had chili beans with cheese and sour cream, a large salad and a large portion of sauteed squash, and i had a vodka and vitamon water zero! and i was still under the net carbs!!

Try to research. Log all your claories so you can see where you can improve. Little things really do add up!!

Good luck to you! I know you can do this and ill be more than happy to help you!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    You need to find a way to eat healthier and fit in some sort of exercise that you enjoy, because you are worth it to invest that time in yourself. If you try to put yourself on a strict diet or exercise regimen, of course it's not going to last. That's more of a "diet" in the fad sense. Making positive changes that you can live with is how you get healthier and lose the excess weight. Dramatic changes will lead to failure and this imprisoned way of thinking.

i agree with this 100%!! I use protein shakes (in fruit smoothies) because i wouldnt typically eat breakfast or lunch! so it works for me!!
  • niciemetts
    niciemetts Posts: 49
    Options
    today i had bob evans breakfast......352 calories.......subway 6 inch sub for lunch 280 plus a half a bag of sun chips 105.......i did zumba....which burned 530..........i plan on having a salad with chicken............i feel full........over full actually after that sub.... lol.......i change it up......sometimes i eat salad twice........sometimes i don't.......u can have variety and eat healthy :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Make every calorie count. Food is a great pleasure. And wonderful food is much more satisfying - and you need to eat a heck of a lot less of it to feel happy.

But I like to eat yogurt, broccoli, nuts, and couscous as well as chocolate and pork chops.

Expand your tastes. Don't eat too much. Be happy.
  • ilovedogs
    ilovedogs Posts: 77
    Options
    Im using protein shakes to help me.. that way i can pretty much eat whatever for supper! Im still under the 1200 net per day, but not by choice! I find that when eating the right things, im just not as hungry anymore! I also add a spoon of fiber to my shakes twice a day to help with the cravings and wanting to eat.

Ive been overweight for 8 years, and I attempted to diet, but always got discouraged. Its true what they say.. when you learn how to be healthy, its NOT a diet! yesterday i had chili beans with cheese and sour cream, a large salad and a large portion of sauteed squash, and i had a vodka and vitamon water zero! and i was still under the net carbs!!

Try to research. Log all your claories so you can see where you can improve. Little things really do add up!!

Good luck to you! I know you can do this and ill be more than happy to help you!

So you eat protein shakes instead of meals. then eat a meal in the evening yes?
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Why ask us? The question is something YOU need to define for yourself. If you find no self value, then you will never achieve. /endthread

Sometimes people need to connect with other people when they feel really down.

Isn`t this what the MF PAL is all about??? Trying to be more healthy and encouraging and PAL (friends)

This lady so seems really down today/night and just needs to have a little encouragement :-)
  • niciemetts
    Options
    sometimes i don't lose anything on the scale but since i work out 6 times a week i think to myself..........ok Nicie...........u could have built muscle........shove on shove on :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    it's worth it if you want it. if you'll make it your life, and a lifestyle. it's not taking away what you like, it's incorporating things and habits that are good for you and learning new ways to enjoy yourself without gorging yourself.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If it still feels like work, then keep doing it. Do it until you don't have to think about doing it and it is just what you do.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I still eat cupcakes.

as do I :) log them suckers and keep living
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Beyond my dreams!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    There are days I feel like this, but then like someone else said I have to decide what's more worth it, being fat and miserable just so I can enjoy a meal or being healthy and happy so I can find happiness else where with my kids and family longer. I am not saying I eat perfect by any means. In fact some days I eat like crap but still manage to stay with in my calories.

It's not easy, nothing in life that is worth having comes easy, and if it's easy more then likely it's not worth having. We have to chose our hard, it's not really easy being fat either, you have higher risks of heart problems, diabetes, and other things, so you can pay it forward now by getting yourself on track, or pay them hospital bills later. We have to chose our hard's.

Is this your picture in your tracker?? If so, how did you do that? I know i'm off track of the conversation..........but so many have already given such sound advice I can't contribute anythign more to the conversation.

Yes it is. Do you mean the ticker at the bottom? If so I just uploaded my photo to my ticker thing.
  • ilovedogs
    ilovedogs Posts: 77
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have taken a lot of encouragment from this thread and already feel better.
  • mermx
    Options
    That`s so great hun a lot of people are with you every step of the way!!!!
  • Soltari675
    Soltari675 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Remember, no matter how little you do, you're still lapping the people sitting on the couch.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    With the overall changes I have gotten so far YES its worth it!!
    Eating clean, gettting more active and losing weight has had major changes, positive ones to boot.
    I get told lately I dont look like I could be 40, sometimes not much over 35... Being 46 that feels AWESOME!!!
    Gettting told by guys in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s even that I am one hot number is SO worth it to me..
    I am feeling so much better too...
    Do I always feel like it, always eating clean and going to the gym... NO do I go anyway.. yes.. Skinnier and younger looking feels great!!!
  • mermx
    Options
    I think you are in the UK???
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    sometimes i feel this way, but i still try to do whats healthy..it is easier to eat and be fat than it is to eat healthy and work out..i guess you will do what you want regardless of what people say..i say still try, but do what you gotta do i guess..none of us can physically stop you..good luck in your decision..:flowerforyou:
  • mermx
    Options
    Remember, no matter how little you do, you're still lapping the people sitting on the couch.

Well said! or typed lol!
  • niciemetts
    Options
    and don't let anyone tell you you can't go out and eat and still eat healthy.i had 2 mini pancakes lol for breakfast................i had cihps yes it was less than an ounce but i still had it :)