Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slmdown Cardio Kickboxing! :drinker: Felt really great this morning, we had a cold front come through so I think that has given my head some relief. :wink:

Tami, That spinning class sounds intense! Ouch on the butt pain. Of course we love to have that pain, because then we know we have worked an area that hasn't been touched in a long time. :wink: Have a wonderful time this weekend, it sure is nice that you are making those dinners. Makes for less prep time when you want to eat. :wink: I sometimes wonder what those dogs are thinking when they watch us jumping around. :laugh: Cami is always downstairs with me, and the looks she gives me makes me wonder. That is the section that I'm not able to do with the amount of space. I really like workouts that use minimal space, probably why I like the kickboxing workout that I did this morning. :happy:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was an errand day for me so nails, groceries, etc. This morning was Squeeze LB and my legs are shaking sohopefully the walkers will take today off.

Erika- Glad to hear that the send off was great. Congratulations once again!:drinker: Cheers to new beginnings:drinker:

Tami- Have a safe trip:flowerforyou:

Laurie- Have a great weekend and glad to hear the cold front is helping with the sinuses.

Laurel- Good morning:flowerforyou:

Ok off to get the eldest and meet hubby so that we can renew her passport.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile:

I've had a great day OFF!! I wish all my days were like this :wink: a little coffee, breakfast then took the kids for a nice walk this brisk fall a.m. When we got back I did STS Total Body:wink:
    Everything is packed & I'm headed out! Looking forward to it and seeing DH.

Have a great weekend- Talk to you all Monday!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Upper Body, and Recovery Upper Body. Sunday was a rest day for me. Satruday was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Upper Body, and Recovery Lower Body.

Youngest had a great time at the homecoming dance, and the football team won 43-12 on Friday. The cold weather has given my nose some much needed relief! The temps where at 32 deg this morning. :noway: Felt very strange to be wearing my winter coat. :laugh:

Michelle, Sounds like a great lower body workout! I was on youtube this weekend, and found a bunch of kickboxing workouts that I might be trying out. I was able to find a Cindy Whitmarsh workout that ExerciseTV had, sure was glad to find it. I remember it was a good 30 min. workout.

Tami, Glad that you enjoyed your day off! I'm sure that you had a great time with your DH. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Morning ladies,

Good weekend with the family. On saturday we took Mr. C in to the vet as the nausea was overwhelming and nothing was staying in his system. The vet placed him on anti-nausea pills and antibiotics for a gastro infection, although he mentioned possible pancreas issues at first:huh: , So $400 dollars later he is eating and I took him for a run on Sunday with the eldest on her electric scooter..he loved that!:bigsmile: This morning I did BR workout 3 and that was a sweatfest as Jillian combined yoga moves with weights, lots of planks and of course cardio drills. Sheesh, TOM is here and heavy so I was glad to drag myself up and complete my workout but I have to say no to Turbofire today. Hubby is off so we are off to see Taken 2 and do brunch at Panera.

Laurie- I will do a search for that one:bigsmile:

Erika- Happy First day at the new office:flowerforyou:

Laurel & Tami- Good morning:flowerforyou:

Ok off to hit the shower as we have a 35 min drive to head to the city and I'm hoping to hit Target and make it back for bus drop off:bigsmile: .

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile: Had a great weekend with DH! We had lots of fun fishing (sharing my photo with you all again this year) …. This was yesterday a.m. The first day we had another couple in the boat with us and only fished until noon. They caught the first couple and then I caught one as well … then it was time to go. These two I caught yesterday w/ just the two of us in the boat. :happy: I had a boat next to us cheer & clap for me once I got it reeled in! It was kind of funny actually. He says people never EVER cheer for him because he is a fishing guide – so they just give him the stink eye usually. I guess because sometimes he is catching fish and they aren't. :ohwell: Amazing all the politics in fishing .. seriously, it’s craziness out there and where you position your boat, what is ethical, what isn’t. So Sat and Sun both became REST days since I was so exhausted by the time I got home. :yawn: I don’t sleep well in the trailer at all. The heater that runs in there is so loud and makes a loud clicking sound when it turns on or off. I was struggling keeping my eyes open driving home …. But I made it! So hitting the BootCamp class tonight, looking forward to it, especially after a great night’s sleep.

Laurie: Looks like you got in some nice workouts! :bigsmile: That’s great. I bet Sunday felt good to have a REST day. That’s so great your daughter had a nice time with Homecoming. We have had very cold temps at night and a.m. too … in the thirties. Brrrrrrrrr I was actually really cold in the boat yesterday because we got on the river before daylight The boat launch the day before at 6 a.m. was a 45+ min wait because of all the boats so since it was the two of us he said, lets go earlier.:noway: Have you seen that new workout coming out from BeachBody? Looks like all kickboxing. Les Mills i think was the program.

Michelle: Poor Mr. C …. Sounds very similar to what Bernie had going on. My bill was $900! :noway: It’s crazy how expensive it can be to then have the results of a small bottle of antibiotics and all is good. Don’t get me wrong, having it be a surgery or worse would be my worst nightmare but YOWSA on the pocket book. Great job getting in your BR workout, sounds like it was a good one. Have fun at the movie with your hubby …. I can’t wait to see that one!

Hello Erika – Hope your first day at the new job is amazing! Can’t wait to hear about it. :flowerforyou:
    Hello Laurel – Hope things are going well for you during this busy time! :smile:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing, and Recovery Upper Body. Just so you ladies know, the kickboxing workout is on youtube if you every want to try it out. I found it during my searches this weekend. Just type in Chris Freytag in the youtube search. :wink: There are some other 10lb Slimdown workouts on there also.

Michelle, Glad to hear that Mr C. is back to normal, sure wouldn't want my dog getting nauseaous all the time. :noway: Sounds like a fun workout, and of course it makes me want those workouts more and more. :laugh:

Tami, Nice pic! And congrats on the fish haul! :bigsmile: Sounds like you had a great weekend, and of course the applause! :happy: Yes I have seen those Les Mills workouts, and keep clicking on the link to order. :laugh: I'm probably going to be purchasing the basic set. I think I will do that in Nov. It has been the only BB set that has truly sparked my interest enough to invest. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies!! I'm sorry I was MIA at the end of last week, but things just got crazy around here. By the end of the football game on Saturday (AF lost....and it was snowing!), I was quite literally exhausted. I have slept 9-10 hours a night each night since. :noway: That isn't like me. I am beginning to feel more like myself today thankfully.

But I have been pushing through the workouts. I finished week 1 of the second phase of X2 on Friday with X2 Back and Balance. This is alot like P90X Legs and Back except the leg work is plyo work and not weight work. I can't say it was my favorite if I'm being honest because, like in Legs and Back, Tony does SO many pull-ups. So on Sunday I decided to do something different. My husband bought me the deluxe edition of P90X2 which came with two different workouts which can be substituted in for the workouts in this phase. The first one was X2 V Sculpt, which is a back and bicep workout. The second is X2 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. On Sunday I did V Sculpt and today I did the other workout. Both are terrific workouts! These two, combined with the X2 Shoulders and Arms workout I did last week, comprise what I think are my favorite non-yoga workouts ever by Tony Horton. So I've decided to ditch the Back and Balance workout for the duration of my time in phase two and, instead, focus on these three that I like so much AND do two leg workouts each week that are non-X2 workouts.

So, for instance, yesterday I did Plyocide followed by Cathe's Low Impact Series Lower Body Trisets. Now that was a great combo!! And my legs are screaming. And to make up for the loss of the plyo moves done in Back and Balance, I will just make sure I do some of Cathe's new workouts that do alot of plyo moves. Today after Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, I did To The Max Extreme, which was some tough stuff there. So, all in all, I think this will be a great way of doing Phase 2 of P90X2 without overdoing the pull-ups (especially since I don't have a pull-up option). And one of the things I love about V Sculpt is while there are pull-ups, he also does back exercises that aren't pull-ups. So it is all a win-win for me! So if anybody is thinking about P90X2, I highly recommend the deluxe edition that includes the two additional workouts. No doubt I will be in Phase 2 much longer than I otherwise would have been because of these other workouts. And my arms are loving being back to more traditional weight work. But it isn't all traditional as Tony still does alot of balance work. As he said in the workout I did today 'It is old school and new school' and it really is. Good stuff here, and I'm really happy to be doing these workouts right now.

Tami, I love the photo! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend, though it sounds exhausting. I never would have imagined politics in fishing, but I suppose it only makes sense. There are politics in everything anymore, aren't there? Sounds like you are doing great on your workouts. I was catching up on Cathe's newsletter last night and saw she had started filming her new series. I am really excited for it!! I read over all of the workout descriptions again, and I think this will be a perfect rotation to do post-X2. I love where fitness is progressing right now, and it looks like XTRAIN is going right where I want to go right now. Can't wait!

Laurie, thanks for the recommendation of seeing these workouts on youtube! I never would have thought of that. I haven't heard anything about this new BB system. I'm so far behind in my workout news right now! :blushing: If it weren't for you ladies, I'd be totally lost. But if you do end up buying the system, please let us know what you think. I love kickboxing more than any other type of cardio, so these definitely have me curious.

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about the sick pup. I hope he is fully recovered now. How fun that you are walking with the neighbors! What a great way to meet new people in your neighborhood. Let us know how you liked Taken 2. I want to see it!!

Erika, I hope everything went well for you in your new job!! I hope you were able to relax over the weekend now that you are officially away from your old job. Keep watch on your back and don't push anything. Hopefully you'll feel better soon now what some of the stress is off of you.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!!!!! :bigsmile:

Oh, the long weekend was soooo relaxing, I needed it! I spent some time with my BFF from high school (how we ever became friends AND were roommates in college, I'll never understand--we are SO different from each other!) and we shopped, laughed, and had some pretty heartfelt talks. It was nice. Friday I just hung around home and got some housework done. Lazy weekend, with hockey going on, but nothing in between games. Still no workouts really, as the back is better and then bad again. But, I decided to do sprints on the treadmill Sunday, and it felt good. My back was a bit mad at me yesterday, but honestly anything else I can't even do (kickboxing, lifting, etc) as I'm using my back strength to do it. I'm going to try running again tonight to see how that feels, as I'm thinking now that after 3 weeks off, my back is weakening and I need to work it back up.

Ok, on to the new job...LOVE IT!!!!! :heart: The people here are awesome, and it's a nice change to work for a small employer. I have the perfect mix of working on my own, and working as a team. They are going to hire a couple more people after 1/1, so I'm just sitting by myself in my little quad right now, but it's nice. I left yesterday feeling like this is my work "home" as all my co-workers feel like family. So happy!!! :bigsmile: Of course, my old employer is still not playing nice, so we'll have to see what pans out in the end. The owner here is meeting with the VP at my old employer to try to figure out what we can and can't do with my job here. All will be fine in the end, I'm sure!

Laurel--Sounds like a very busy week for you last week and the exhaustion surely set in with your body craving the 9-10 hour sleeps! Interesting X2 workouts, but sounds like you know when to switch things out, or add to them to make the workout "complete."

Laurie--I have to check out that Chris Freytag workout on YouTube...I have been curious about that one! Glad to hear the homecoming festivities were a success, I always enjoyed homecoming! :bigsmile: So glad to hear that you are feeling better wtih the cooler weather!

Michele--Sounds like you have been very busy too, but kickin' butt with those workouts! I'm happy to hear that Mr. C is feeling better, but my oh my is he keeping you on your toes! :ohwell: I hope you enjoyed the movie and brunch at Panera...my favorite place to eat!!! :bigsmile:

Tami--Nice picture!!!! What an awesome time you had visiting your hubby (aside from the lack of sleep!), and some fun fishing to boot! I'm glad you were able to get in an awesome spinning class before you left, and I'm sure one once you got home too!

Back to work, I'll catch you ladies tomorrow!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    Great BootCamp class last night! There weren’t a lot of us there but we did 3 rounds of our circuits this time and two sets of sprints and hill running outside in between! It was a good one (again). Today was Cardio Core Circuit and tonight will be Insane-X. :wink:

Laurie: Thanks for the info on that workout being on YouTube. I know how much you enjoy it so it must be a good one! Thanks as well for the kudos on my fish haul I think those Les Mills workouts look good as well; I thought of you when I saw them due to the KB factor! :happy: Plus they are not overly expensive it doesn’t seem & with FREE shipping right now. I’m very interested in hearing more about it. Always enjoy good KB workouts.

Laurel: Sounds like you were definitely tired from all the festivities lately but I’m sure it was all lots of fun (minus AF losing – sorry to hear that). Glad you got caught up on some sleep forsure and of course keeping up with your P90X2 rotation! I am very interested in this program due to your reviews …. Sounds like it is really good especially with the additional bonus workouts :wink: I’m really liking the variety and some of my favorite workouts this rotation I’m currently doing has offered. In fact, decided to just keep going with it for another month. By the way, I haven’t forgot about you and sending it to you. :smile: Just knew you didn’t need it right away. For my next rotation I am going to try and incorporate some more strength based workouts. This is definitely cardio and leg based with some upper body. I am SUPER excited for XTrain :bigsmile: and think it will be just what I need as well. Looking forward to seeing the clips as they get to that stage, the descriptions alone are awesome. Until then . . . so many choices ~ which is a good problem to have. :bigsmile:

Erika: Sounds like you had such a nice time with your friend and a very relaxing weekend :smile: Sorry to hear your back is still not cooperating. Fantastic to hear you already feel at home and with a family at your new job! :bigsmile: That is what you want forsure ... So great to hear.

Hi Michelle :flowerforyou:

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Yoga/Stretch. If this is on youtube I highly recommend this yoga workout also. :wink: Even the 20 min yoga workout she has is good. I don't remember seeing them, but then I didn't go through all of the videos that where available.

Seeing all the new info for Cathe's new workouts really makes me want them. I shall wait. :laugh: i also found out the Chris Freytag is putting out some Hiit workout in Dec. These are probably going to be a purchase, she usually doesn't use a step in her workouts.

Laurel, I did hear about the football outcome, so sorry to hear about that. :frown: :drinker: on finding some great workouts with the bonus DVD's! Sometimes those bonus workouts are good, and other times :tongue: . I was debating on the bonus workout with the Combat workouts, it appears that one is a weight workout and the other is a live class. Now that live class might be good, but probably don't need the weight workout. :wink: I know I will order the Combat workouts. :laugh: Like Tami said, can't pass up the price. :wink:

Erika, Glad to hear that you had a nice time off, and that your new job and co-workers are so nice. WTG on getting that run in, and hope that back of yours starts to cooperate. :wink: It appears that there are quite a few of the workouts on youtube, even the 20 min. ones that she included in this set.

Tami, Sounds like an intense class! You are welcome, I do love this workout so I hope other people will also. It is very heavy in the upper body, and I use my weighted gloves to give me that extra something. Those picks and teasers that Cathe is putting up really make the new workouts appealing. I always wonder how she can top the next workout. :laugh:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Morning Ladies,

I'm drenched as I write this due to Chris Freytag 10lb Slimdown LB...subtle but delivers a solid punch:bigsmile: This morning hubby and I got the kids on the bus and then I cleaned the kitchen, made beds, vacuumed and prepared for Body Rev, but then my adhd kicked in and I decided to turn on the TV and find a KB workout since Laurie tolld me about Cindy:bigsmile: I found a Shadow Boxing workout with Kelli Roberts and after 30 mins decided it was nice but way too slow, then I found Chris Freytag. Unfortunately I also found so many other ExerciseTV workouts on here and I definitely want to do Cindy's Bun workout:bigsmile:

Erika- Glad to hear that the new place is providing that sense of "we are in this together", hopefully the VP can iron out the nonsense so that you can truly focus on work. The weekend with the BFF sounds great, last night my BFF called and we had one of those long conversations where we discussed the kids, work, and just outright laughed at ourselves and life. It was great and I felt rejuvenated after the call..great moments like those are priceless:bigsmile:

Laurie- I'm hooked on this Youtube Exercise, hubby said he created a monster:laugh: Today I also found Michael Olijade AeroJump:bigsmile:

Tami- Those things are humongous, you definitely deserve an applause for that catch:bigsmile: How many pounds?

Laurel- Sorry about the game. Yikes Tony and his pull-ups:grumble: I actually hated that part of P90x although I had the pull up bar. Taken 2 was good but not how I thought it would flow so to speak but I will not spoil it for anyone. I'm actually sooooo excited to see SkyFall in November as I have a major crush on Daniel and love him as Bond:love::laugh:

Ok I'm drenched, starving, and can relax for the rest of the day as hubby has a dinner function, so it will be a chicken strips and french fries in the oven Wednesday for the girls and a cucumber & avocado salad with a leftover chicken breast for me..yummo!

Michelle:flowerforyou:

Thought of the day!

"Strive to be unique in all your undertakings because you won't make a difference if you decide to be like everyone else."

by Emeasoba George
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I had a good workout today, though I'm feeling SO much DOMS from the Lower Body Trisets I did on Monday. :noway: For some strange reason, I always get massive DOMS when I do that workout which makes me think I should probably do it more. :tongue: Anyhow, I worked out those legs by doing Cathe's Cardio Fusion followed by X2 Yoga. Then because I had some spare time and to workout the DOMS a bit more, I did part of Cathe's Turbo Barre. Hopefully tomorrow my legs will feel much better!

Erika, I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying your new job! Sounds like you received a nice welcome. I hope everything can be worked out with your old employer. Regarding your back, it is possible that whatever injury you had is passed and now you just need to loosen up those muscles. Don't overdo it and definitely listen to your body. Take days off in between workouts (like you did) if you are feeling it in your back at all. But great job on getting back into the swing of things given everything that's been going on!

Tami, thank you for the rotation!! It definitely looks like a great one, and one I will enjoy. Glad you enjoyed your class on Monday night! Sounds like yesterday's workouts were tough!!

Laurie, thanks for the recommendation on the yoga workout. I'll look into that one as I'm always looking for good yoga workouts. I hear you on the bonus workouts, especially from Beachbody. They are always usually way more expensive than they are worth. But I have to admit, there are a few 'bonus' workouts I've received from Beachbody that I wouldn't want to not have in my workout library (Insanity's Max Interval Sports Training, Turbo Fire's TF60, and these P90X2 workouts). But like all of Beachbody's programs, I really wish you could buy individual disks because, too often, there are bonus workouts in these packages I never use. Luckily for me, that's not going to be the case with X2. I remember thinking when my husband told me he had bought the bonus workouts that he probably wasted our money, but I'm so very thankful he did now!

Michelle, sounds like you enjoyed a great workout this morning!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Glad to hear Taken 2 was good. I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD before seeing it (as I'm prone to do), but it is definitely something I'll look into. Can I come to your house for dinner? :bigsmile: You always makes things that sound so good! :flowerforyou:

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    Insane-X was great again and a lot of people were there … so a great class & tough workout! :bigsmile: This a.m. I did Cathe’s Kick Punch Crunch (minus the “crunch” because I ran out of time :ohwell: ), Spinning tonight after work.

Laurie: Nice job again today with your workouts!:bigsmile: I will definitely take a peek at these on YouTube when I get a chance. I know you have always said great things about CF workouts. I’m sure I would enjoy them. The Yoga workout sounds great too.:wink: I bet you are very excited to hear about her new one’s coming out! HiiT workouts are always good I think. I know what you mean on Cathe’s new workouts … Yahoo! Truly, I think the same thing when she puts out new videos, she is amazing forsure. If you decide to wait on ordering it will be good because you will have a couple of us here able to give you a review and then perhaps “enable” you into a purchase. :wink: Speaking of purchases, did you go ahead and order the Les Mills workouts from BB?!?

Michelle: You’re right about those great conversations with friends are priceless! :flowerforyou: I’m always rejuvenated when I get together with my BFF. We laugh so hard and just talk about everything, it’s always nice to share the struggles, ups & downs, etc. with someone who understands completely! Great job on the workouts! :bigsmile: Thanks for the kudos …. They are right around 22 LBs each.

Laurel: Nice job on the workouts today and battling through the DOMS! :tongue: Gotta love that you worked hard though. You are very welcome for the rotation, it’s definitely a keeper in my book, I look forward to all the workouts because they are some of my favorites. Just need to get up a little earlier on some of the days and change other days that she has “doubles” on for my schedule …. Yes, BootCamp was definitely tough, but a good kind of tough. Last night’s Insane-X was the same way, she truly has a way of making me not want to stop & keep pushing! Love that. :wink:

Hi Erika ~:bigsmile: Hope you had an amazing day at your new home today.

Talk to you all tomorrow! Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies! :bigsmile:

Another fantastic day at work today! :bigsmile: They have me on a special organizing project until they clear things up with my former employer. I love to organize, so I'm all smiles! My boss told me to leave when she did at 4:30 today, she said I didn't need to stay any longer. I just LOVE how family is first with this place, not so much with previous employers. If you are efficient and get your work done, it's totally ok to leave early. I just love that flexibility!:bigsmile:

My back was just a little bit sore this AM, but nothing that prevented me from doing anything. More just a "I slept wrong" feeling than anything. So, I did my first weight workout in almost 4 weeks...Cathe's Supersets Upper Body. Felt great, and my strength is still there too. I also got back on my ball at work (I did on a stability ball instead of a chair) after a 1 month break. Feels great to have my good posture back (I'm horrible with posture when sitting in a chair)!

Tami--Ooh, a great bootcamp and insane-x class, yeah!!! :bigsmile: You've had a dream line-up already this week, and then spinning tonight to top it off! :bigsmile:

Laurel--I need to do that LB Trisets workout...I'm craving some DOMS!! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Nice work on the workouts, and being super productive around the house too! :bigsmile:

Laurie--I'm going to check out those videos on youtube this weekend, you've always been raving about them, so my curiosity has gotten the best of me! :bigsmile:

Have a great night!

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    My entire post was lost:grumble:

This morning JM workout 2 and Chris Freytag 10 lb Slimdown Cardiokickbox:bigsmile: I'm loving just turning on the tv and getting started:bigsmile:

Erika- Love that, work hard, complete projects and leave when your tasks are completed.:bigsmile:

Laurie- I'm feeling that LB workout from Chris, all those darn lunges and pulses:laugh:

Tami- Wowzer 22lbs each and of course holding up both together..awesome woman!:bigsmile:

Laurel- Good morning, hopefully your day is not too hectic today.:flowerforyou:

Have a great day!
    Michelle
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Recovery Upper Body. Nothing intense this morning, but that is probably a good thing. Felt pretty lazy this morning. :laugh:

Michelle, I love that LB workout, and you can up the weights very easily. Well maybe not all the moves, but most of them. :wink: I will have to look for that Michael O. workout, I have always wanted his DVD's, but they are so expensive. :wink: Tell your DH he has created two monsters, since I will be incorporating those youtube workouts into my rotation also. :laugh: I was wondering how that shadow boxing workout was, it seemed interesting until I listened to her talk. I like Keli Roberts, but just listening to the workout made me close the page. :laugh:

Laurel, OUCH! Sorry to hear about the LB! I didn't see the 40 min. yoga workout on youtube, but the 20 min. one was on there. Of course they don't label it as a yoga workout, but it is the one where she is pictured in a yoga stance. I also loved that bonus workout from Insanity. I was wrong, you get weighted gloves in the bonus. I don't need gloves, so will just use the ones I have. I ordered the Combat workouts, will not be charged until Dec. so it will be fine. Apparently is you order before 12/5 you get free shipping and the live class bonus DVD. Now I feel much better about ordering this set. :wink:

Tami, Sounds like the new instructor for Insane-X is doing a great job. LOL about the crunch part of KPC! :laugh: That part of the workout can be tough after all the punching. I usually us my weighted gloves, so when it gets to those pikes, my shoulders are fatigued and I can't hold it as long as Cathe and the crew. :frown: Yes I ordered the set from my BB coach! She is a friend of mine, so I always order through her. It really looks like it will be a great set to incorporate with weight workouts. To bad I have to wait until Dec. to get them though. :tongue: I'm very excited about them now. :wink:

Erika, I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new job so much. I'm sure that not having that stress in your life is making everything better. WTG on the upper body workout, and that you felt great afteward. I sit poorly in my chair at work also, but I wonder what my co-workers would say about me sitting on a ball. Even the maintenance people would make comments also. :laugh: I'm sure with our EHS dept., they would forbid me to use it. Hope you enjoy the workouts, I just love Chris.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout combo today. I finished my X2 week today (because I have to start up again on Saturday instead of Sunday this week) with X2 Shoulders and Arms. Still LOVE this workout. The combo I did this week (X2 V Sculp, Plyocide, X2 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, X2 Yoga and X2 Shoulders and Arms) is definitely going to be my rotation throughout this phase. Not a workout in there I don't like!

Laurie, congrats on ordering that new program! Sounds like it is a better-than-usual deal from Beachbody. I've promised myself I'm not going to have a look at them since I have XTRAIN on pre-order already. But I'll be anxious for your reviews since I love kickboxing SO much!

Erika, glad to hear your job is still going well. Sounds like you are on the mend if you are looking for some DOMS. This lower body triset workout reminds me of Cathe's STS leg workouts.....but not in the workout itself (it is very different), but in the fact that I can't do it without hurting the next day. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why it hits me so differently than any other workout! It is definitely taking me some time to warm up to it, but, I am getting there and think I'll do it again (with Plyocide) next week to see if I get the same results. If so....it means something is working!

Michelle, great workout plan! It's been a hectic day, but that means tomorrow won't be as hectic! YAY! I like my Fridays a little less hectic if possible, especially when I know I have a busy weekend ahead. And Saturday means Air Force football, and in this case, a trip to Laramie, WY. :ohwell:

Tami, sounds like class was fun!! I love a tough workout that makes you want to work harder! I think that's one of the things I get from Cathe. For some reason, she always makes me want to push that much more than I otherwise would have. Of course, sometimes I'm not saying very nice things to her when I'm doing it! :laugh: But she can't hear me! :tongue:

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~

Late check in for me :ohwell: Today ended up being a REST day today because I hit the snooze this a.m. & had plans with a friend for dinner. So looking forward to my a.m. workout :wink:

Erika: That is so great to hear about your new workplace/family! I want to work there. :wink: :bigsmile: The flexibility must feel like a dream. I’m so happy for you. I bet it felt fantastic to get in a weight workout, nice job! Hopefully all is good with your back. Love it that you sit on your stability ball at work. Yes, the workouts have been lots of fun this week forsure. I wish they had a Thurs evening really good class. They do have a new “Insane Abs” class at noon … want to figure out a way to make it to that at some point.

Michelle: Sounds like you are having all kinds of fun with the TV workouts! That’s great & it seems you are enjoying the Chris Freytag workouts as well. Have you done her workouts before? :laugh: on holding up both fish! A couple of my girlfriends who saw that photo said the same thing. Thinking it was awesome that I was holding both fish & asked me how I did it.

Laurie: Nice job getting in the workout even though you were feeling a little lazy! I’m sure it perked you right up. I wore my weighted gloves too for the KPC workout yesterday, really adds some nice intensity to the workout. I know, I was sad to not have time for the ab portion but maybe I can add on something tomorrow or Sat. :wink: I did see that on the pre-order for those workouts, not being charged until Dec. that’s great. I’ll look forward to your reviews when you get them. Between XTrain coming and seriously contemplating P90X2 I will wait. Feel like a DVD junkie.:noway: :blushing:
    The Insanity instructor really is doing a great job with our class. She was so nervous the first night and she is doing great! The other guy that hurt is knee is teaching the Abs class so hoping to get to try that at some point; I’ve heard from a couple people it’s really good. The gym is only less than a mile from my office . . . so it could work. Maybe they will even add an evening one, I guess it’s already really popular.

Laurel: Yahoo on the workouts being so fantastic this week!:bigsmile: So definitely the additional bonus workouts with this program sounds like the way to go! Great job today. I’m going to have to get that Tri-Sets workout into my rotation; with the comparison to STS leg workouts – which I love, I was thinking about the upper body portion forsure since this rotation is lots of legs anyway. I agree with you on Cathe and her motivation for me as well. She makes you want to work and some of her comments at times make me smile when I want to yell … “On FiYa” for example!

• bajangrl29
    Good Morning Ladies,

Lat night I could not sleep and after putting the girls to bed, hubby who was suffering with a headache from the function that he coordinated fell alseep on the couch within 5minutes of arriving. So none-the-less I was up pass midnight searching for jobs and reading blogs. After that I made a cup of lemon tea and just relaxed in bed until 1:30am. So my body is not tired but neither am I energized this morning:huh: So I opted to skip JM this morning and instead did a FB Pilates workout. I will switch up my rotation and just exercise this weekend which seems to work better some days or if I feel like it do it this afternoon:laugh: Overall I'm definitely sore in my obliques and glutes, so it may be a lazy day:blushing:

Laurel- Some movies we definitely will wait for it to come on dvd but I love action movies and usually love attending the movies to support my actors and get the full surround sound experience:laugh: If you lived closer then I would gladly have you both for dinner:wink:

Laurie- Yes Keli Roberts was a letdown but after seeing her in one of the old KB dvd, I assumed it would be better as that other dvd is at least 8 years old:ohwell: . Sheesh I kept telling myself the intensity will occur in the next circuit..what a letdown. Yes Michael's dvds are expensive but I absolutely love his beats and his calm tone:blushing:

Tami- I know how you did it:wink: , just love the fact that you are standing there so easily with your small frame holding up those huge fish. Tell your friends those hours in the gym makes acts like lifting those monsters quite easy:wink:

So last night I grilled some steak marinated with a honey mustard sauce and it was delish:bigsmile: So l will make a cuban black bean soup with rice for dinner and add some porkchops as I'm definitely looking at eating some more steak for lunch:bigsmile:

Quote for today! Love this one!

"Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”

by Howard Thurman

Have a great weekend with the family.

Michelle