Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Finally able to get on MFP!

Hello Ladies! I have been having problems getting on MFP all week. I don't know if it MFP or our connections here at work. I have not been a good girl with my workouts, have been suffering from sinus headaches, watery eyes, runny nose..... It really has made me tired, and the only day I actually felt good was Wednesday. I was able to get 30 Day Shred Level 1 and Skogg Roots Level 3 in. I was going to post on Wednesday, but I couldn't get onto the boards. :noway: But I'm glad to say that it appears that I'm able to talk today.

Tami, Glad to here that Bernie is doing so good, and that it is something that was able to be treated. Also very happy to hear that you where able to get in some much needed sleep. :wink: WTG on those workouts, even though you where going through all of that.

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your family, they will all be in my prayers. We are having very cool weather, but the sun has been out so it has been very nice. Sounds like you are enjoying the weather also. How are the girls adapting to the new environment? Glad that you had a great time with your Mom, but sorry that she had to leave. Bet the girls really enjoyed having her around.

Erika, Sounds like the company has to send out this letter just to make a point. Sorry to hear that you have been having to go through all this. Dang on your back also, hope it heals quickly.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies,

So Mr. C has been having some digestive issues, then he lost his appetite, would not drink and began his pacing routine, usually indicative of sickness with him. Yesterday it was a diet of oatmeal and scrambled eggs and an antibiotic and sure enough after temping him to eat with a piece of sausage, he ate the food and within an hour was finally asleep at my feet..TG:bigsmile: So far so good and he is back to his normal eating habits. Yesterday I had hubby stop at our commissary to buy his Nutro Max as these other barnds are definitely wrecking havoc with his system. I skipped my workout yesteday and was on the road finding the Post office, buying food items...again:grumble: and the best part was finally going to the 6 year's old school to take her on a lunch date. It was a great suprise and we had a good time:love: Although I had pleasant soreness yesterday, today I woke up with my tricky right knee flaring up again which is probably from her static lunges with torso twists. Overall I'm enjoying both workouts and her personality in the class environment:bigsmile:

Laurie- Glad to see you and sorry to hear about the sinus issues but sometimes I forget the Fall weather can affect allergies just like Spring:grumble: The girls are doing good but they are both actually complaining about the easy classwork and how boring it is for them. Our little one loves school and never complained unless she wanted to stay home if I was off before but she has been talking to her dad about her "boring long" days. The sad part is that I had voiced concerns earlier that the worksheets were more applicable to 1st grade not second and she has an A in every subject, good but not challenging enough?:ohwell: The eldest is enrolled in advanced courses but most of the advanced projects she completed in 6th grade, so I'm clueless but definitely need to take some action and rethink homeschooling again:huh: Decisions, decisions, decisons!

Tami- Yeah for the four-legged family members whose health is so critical to our happiness as their "mommies":laugh:

Laure & Erika- Good morning and hopefully things have eased up in the office for you Erika:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Ooh hubby told me last night I could find exercise videos on our Youtube channel since he knows I like variety:blushing: So sure I enough I decided to not let technology intimidate me and I figured out the remote control and found an Amazing Zumba class taught at an English college, yes as in Britain and the young instructor was great, fun, and the tracks were modern, Reggaeton, latina, techno he choreographed the moves to and I loved it:love::love: :love: Music is the key for me and the beats were awesome in this class. Now I have to figure out how to save it as a favorite:laugh: :blushing:
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies & Happy Friday! :drinker:

Sounds like we are all glad it’s Friday :wink: Looking forward to the weekend. I’m going to do a little shopping for my DH and get a few things ready to take with me the following weekend when I see him. His Birthday is Tuesday as well so a B-Day gift too. It’s his big “50” this year. This a.m. was Cardio Core Circ & headed to Spinning after work. :happy: She usually ends a little earlier than most on Friday’s so I will have time to get home and take the kids for a walk. We are still very lucky with some amazing sunshine and temps. The cold is just around the corner though :frown:

Laurie: I have been through that at my office too sometimes … getting on MFP. Glad you were able to connect with us! I was missing you, wondering what was happening. So sorry to hear about your sinus headaches/runny nose, etc. that is never fun and definitely takes a toll on the energy scale.:ohwell: Good job getting in some JM/Skogg Roots though! Thanks for the well wishes on Bernie. It is always a scare forsure and I am also very glad it was an easy fix. How are your DD’s doing? Did your youngest get her license?

Michelle: Sounds like Mr C had a similar situation as Bernie. . . . glad you were able to get him back on track fast and bypass the vet visit (and bill :noway: ). Sounds like you have had a busy week as usual and your lunch date at the school sounds so fun, I’m sure she loved it. Dang on the knee flaring up – I hope it goes away quickly. Good to hear your are enjoying JM’s workouts though! Yes, definitely for me and my sweet “kids” since I don’t have human kids of my own, they really cause some worry sometimes. :blushing: I’m sure the realization of your daughter’s not being challenged at their new school is very frustrating. Sounds like you have found the perfect ZUMBA workout! :bigsmile: Hope you figured out how to save it. YAY :wink:

Erika: I’m sure you are feeling TGIF more than anyone here! Hang in there. :wink:

I hope you all have a great weekend!
    Tami
    :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on all week. I have been an A+ employee all week and proving to my boss (and his boss) that I just want to do my job and end on a good note! So, I've been very busy! No more threats at work, and I've got all the details for my 1st day at the new job. I'm SOOOOOOO excited!!! :bigsmile:

I have not worked out since last week, my back is killing me. I don't know what to do about it, as I can't figure out if it's an injury or something more. It hurts to walk, sit, lay down, etc. I have been icing and doing lots of stretches, so maybe eventually it will loosen. Today, I'm feeling the pain in my glutes, which is weird!

Tami--I'm so glad to hear Bernie is better, how scary! Enjoy the weekend with the fun shopping for next weekend and hubby's b-day! Enjoy class tonight! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Poor Mr. C! Sounds like he's on the mend too. I hope everyone in your family is better and out of the hospital...what a week! :ohwell: Have fun with the Youtube classes, the Zumba one sounds awesome!!!

Laurie--Are those allergies causing the exhaustion? I sure hope they subside soon..I'm sure with the cooler weather next week they will get better! :bigsmile:

Off to get ready for hockey!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I tried something different with the sinuses, took Sudafed as soon as I got up. Then I took the dog for a walk, and by the time I got home I felt so much better. Guess having the sinus passages open really helps. :laugh: I got in Chris Freytag's 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Total Body, and Bonus Buns.

My oldest dd is now a Mary Kay rep., so I hosted her first party. I have not used Mary Kay in years, and was surprised at the new anti aging product that they have out. It is way better than the stuff I am currently using, so I'm going to be splurging on that kit. Also was impressed with their new foundation. I really didn't like there old stuff to much.

Michelle, Dang on the schooling for the girls. Being bored can really be a problem for the kids, because then they are not challenged. Hope you are able to make a decision on homeschooling, it sure sounds like they need the stimulation. :wink: Soory to hear about Mr. C., those dogs sure can have sensitive stomaches. So cool that you are able to get those videos, I think I remember seening a thread on videofitness on some Youtube vids that where available. Might want to go check that thread out also.

Tami, Happy Birthday to your DH! :drinker: That is a big birthday. :wink: Both of the girls are doing really well, as you can see from above the oldest is going to be using her entrepenership program to its fullest. She is officially in the program, so I think this will be a great learning lesson. She might even use it for a paper at some point. The youngest has her temp liscense, and we have been letting her drive. Her first time on the freeway was on the way to and from church on Sunday. I figured not to many cars would be on the freeway, so scare factor would be less. She did better than she thought she would. She still has some issures with turns, but it is getting better the more she practices.

Erika, Dang on the back issues, might need to go see the doc on that one. Glad to hear that you had a better week at work, it is not fun to get threats. Yes I do believe that the sinuses are causing the exhaustion, probably not sleeping as well as I usually do. Of course not exercising probably doesn't help with my sleep, since that makes me even more tired at the end of the day. :laugh: I don't like to hope for a frost, but it sure would help with the nose. :laugh:

Have a wonderful day!\
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Tornado watches, delayed school so poor hubby had to turn around and drop the kids back home. I did Bar Method this weekend and then showed the family the Zumba workout and my eldest did it last night while we watched her:laugh: So today is Phase 1 Workout 1 with JM and BM lower body.

Erika- Glad to hear that all is well, being a stellar employee helps:wink:

Laurie- Report cards come out soon and so far the progress reports shows all A's, so we will see after the official report. Glad to hear that the sinuses are feeling better with the Sudafed.

Tami- I may have to take him anyway because hubby bought his Nutro for him but grabbed the Limited ingredient version but he started vomiting again last night. Now we had some mushrooms from the constant rain in the backyard and now it is missing :huh: so we are wondering if he ate them again:noway: I have been searching for a potential new vet so hopefully this potential facility ia accepting new patients.

Laurel- Having fun in the sun we hope.:flowerforyou:

After an hour of being on the phone with Time Warner, I finally upgraded my internet but did not change the cable as the plans here are soooo limited compared to U-verse, no 4 recordings at once:grumble:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm back! :drinker: We had a great time in Hawaii. I didn't even think about working out once, and I think that is exactly what I needed. I feel so refreshed right now! And we were active because we played golf every day :noway: which was crazy but alot of fun for us. Not quite my regular workout routine, but some fun time in the sun with DH. Couldn't ask for more than that.

But back to business today in SO many ways. We have a very busy week ahead of us Air Force-wise as many people are coming to the Air Force Academy to visit. It all culminates Saturday when AF plays Navy in football, which should be all kinds of fun. So if I'm in and out a bit this week, that is why. But I am determined to get back to my workouts and Phase 2 of P90X2. Today I started with X2 Chest+Back+Balance and X2 Ab Ripper. The first workout is alot like P90Xs Chest and Back workout.....and also alot different. Because of the balance work, it felt more like a total body workout than the P90X workout, but it was simply alternative variations of pull-ups with push-ups. I don't know if it will go down as my favorite workout in the series, but I liked it well enough. After doing the X2 workouts, I felt like some good cardio though, so I did Drill Max. I think I'll be feeling all this a little later! :laugh: But it was a really good combo and a great way to get back into a routine.

Tami, I'm so sorry to hear your pup was sick last week, but glad to hear he is feeling better. Why do things like that always happen when the husbands are away? I can never figure that out. But it sounds like he is definitely on the road to recovery. Sorry your workouts got a bit messed up as a result, but it sounds like you got some terrific workouts in regardless.

Michelle, so sorry to hear about your family illnesses all over the country! That's just crazy, and I hope everybody is doing all right. And I hope Mr. C gets better soon too! Maybe it is just that time of year or something where both humans and animals start suffering the arrival of winter. Tornado warnings? I guess we had some here in Colorado Springs last week as well which is highly unusual this time of year AND in this part of the state. I'm not sorry I missed it! :tongue: Great job on the workouts.

Laurie, I'm sorry to hear about the sinus issues. Again, I think this time of year is a killer but, hopefully, the meds will continue to work. Congrats on your DD for selling Mary Kay. The only time I've tried those products was when I was in college, and I remember them being really good. I just never met another representative after that. I'm glad they've still got some good products, and I hope she enjoys it. About your youngest daughter and driving on the freeway...:noway: . That's got to be a scary moment as a parent. :flowerforyou:

Erika, I'm glad everything looks like it is in place for you to move jobs. I hope you can just get away from your current one quietly and without incident and then never look back. You might have injured your back, and if the pain is moving around from the initial injury (like into your glutes) that could be because you are compensating for your injury in other ways (in other words, using muscles other than the one you injured differently). Continue to rest it and do some good stretches. I find that stretching my hamstrings and glutes is essential when I've hurt my back. Those are the muscles on me that tighten up the most with any form of back injury, and if I can get those loosened up again, then my back starts getting better. If the pain doesn't go away this week, though, you might want to see a doctor just to make sure it isn't anything more serious.

I know tomorrow is going to be a long and busy day for me, but I will try to check-in if I get a chance.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    HI Ladies ~

Hope you all had a nice weekend. My weekend was pretty quiet with the dogs but had some good workouts and took them for walks both days. Friday night I decided to go home and get in my workout instead of the Spinning (I felt like having a longer workout I guess for Fri night entertainment :blushing: ) so I went with Cross Fire X-Treme, which was lots of fun & burned up a ton of calories. Sat was Lower Body Blast + Leg Cond Drills & yesterday I did Cardio Supersets + Bonus Step. Today will be BootCamp and it’s one of our last nicer days outside from the forecast so I’m sure she will take advantage of the outdoor running.

Erika: That is so great to hear about your excitement for the new job and that no other new threats have been made at your current job. :happy: Not good news about your back still hurting. I’m so sorry, that has to be so frustrating and miserable as well. I hope you can get some relief soon or like Laurel mentioned, maybe have it checked out in case it is something more serious.

Laurie: Glad to hear the Sudafed helped you out! I bet it felt good to get in the walk and workout without! That’s fun your DD is selling MK products now. I lady here at work was selling that for a while and I tried some to help her out, it is WAY better than when it first came out. Yes, talking to my DH last night and asking him if he was excited the reality has finally set in I think. He is not overly thrilled with the number “50”. :ohwell: Poor guy, he did later mention it’s just a number and he doesn’t feel old. :laugh: I do feel horrible that he is down fishing on the river by himself for his big event but he told me not to worry about it. I’m so glad I will be there Friday with him. He’s super exited too. He loves it when I go fishing with him. I’m bringing some of is favorite “eats” with me for him to have.:wink:

Michelle: Scary on the tornado watches! I saw that on the news and was thinking about ya. Awww, poor Mr C. I hope you do find a new vet that you are happy with. When I took Emma & Bernie for their walk on Sat he headed right into some bushes and came out munching on “something” I was like :noway: :noway: and just thought, well . . . I can’t protect him 24/7 plus he is still on antibiotics. OY!

Laurel: Welcome Back!! :flowerforyou: That is so awesome that you had a wonderful time and the R&R you deserved. The golf every day sounds amazing! I bet it was so much fun – it is a dream for me to go to Hawaii. Without a doubt in my mind you hit the workout turf full force it sounds! I can imagine how good it felt and great job! X2 Chest/Back/Balance sounds like it was a goodie! Thanks for the well wishes on Bernie. Truly, WHY do things often hit the fan when the hubbies are away. I am glad it went as well as it did. If I “humanize” him, I think he looked at me at the end of the week with big thanks in his cute face.:smile: I know how sick he was and by Friday he was back to his rambunctious self. I feel like I made up for a few lost workouts in the beginning of the week over the weekend so that felt good. Can I just tell you that I did “attempt” to do 4DS Low Impact Step … :huh: after 25 min of rewinding and trying and trying and trying :blushing: I did then switch to the Cardio Supersets workout. After my Imax2 experience a couple weeks ago I was feeling confident in my choreography skills ….. ummmm not after Sat. :laugh: Hope you enjoy your busy week, check in when you can!

Hope you have all had a good Monday ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday after Body Rev, I added TurboFire Hiit 15 and that was a fun workout:bigsmile: Music was upbeat and it was a short and sweet add-on for Wk1. Today I'm looking at Barre/Pilates as I like what those bring to my LB, so hopefully the combination of all three will hit the sweet spot for me as I'm ready to try some TF workouts...finally:laugh:

Laurel- Welcome back:flowerforyou: I'm a bit envious but Hawaii is on the list within the next two years plus my ego has me wanting to wear a two piece when I hit the beach there again:blushing: I'm glad to hear that you actually took a recovery week and just enjoyed being there together. things are looking better on the homefront. My uncle will be released this week so hopefully the family can convince him to visit the family in Florida and get some needed TLC!

Tami- I'm sure you read the look correctly:laugh: , just as they understand us when we chastise them they understand us when we are giving love, sometimes when Mr. C. looks at me I sure do wish I could hear his thoughts:laugh:

Erika- Have you ruled out any UTI as sometimes those will feel like major backpain:frown: As for the pain in the glutes as a result of the pinched muscles in the back, it could be a lumbar strain which may take several weeks to alleviate. Have you been lifting heavy?

Laurie- Yes Mary Kay does have some great stuff which my mom introduced me to a few years ago. I love their medium coverage in the tube and that is the only thing she will wear:laugh: I tried their self adjusting foundation years ago and it was amazing, then they discontinued that line:grumble: , so now I use Cover Girl during the Spring and Marykay when it gets colder as my tone seems to change during those months:huh:

More clouds here and rain throughout the day and since the kitchen is clean and th ellaundry is done, I will sit on the couch with my candles lit and enjoy some me time before it is time to start dinner and prepping for the girls.

Here is a thought for the day:

"Everything is a gift of the universe - even joy, anger, jealously, frustration, or separateness. Everything is perfect either for our growth or our enjoyment.". Ken Keyes, Jr

Have a great Tuesday!:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing. :bigsmile: Love this workout.

Michelle, That is the make-up I tried, and it covered so nice. It was more natural, and felt great. I was impressed. Have fun with the Barre/Pilates, I'm sure that will work your LB really well. Glad to hear that both the girls are getting great reports. :wink: Enjoy your time with your couch and candles. :wink:

Laurel, Welcome back, and very happy to hear that you had a great time. :smile: Where the golf courses really nice? Interesting that he is including balance work with the chest & back. Pull-Ups :tongue: :laugh: Glad that you enjoyed the workout. Then of course to follow that up with Drill Max! :noway: I'm still planning on a Cathe month, and have included Drill Max in it. I don't remember the last time I did that one. So far so good on the sinuses, they are even better today than yesterday. Just was having to stop to blow my nose more than usual. :laugh:

Tami, Good to hear that you will be able to join your DH, even though it isn't on his birthday. I tease my DH all the time about his age, but he will be able to tease me next year. :wink: Everyone tells me that hitting 50 is the hardest one. I'm hoping that isn't the case. Great workout you got in over the weekend, hopefully I will be just as motivated this weekend. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:

Last night’s BootCamp was good. A lot of plank work at our stations including the Spiderman & Superman push-ups again and then we ran a couple blocks away from the gym to a hill. Ran down the hill and then sprinted back upl! :noway: Hello. It was a great workout though so that was good. Today was 4DS Upper Body Pre-Mix and going to the Insane-X class after work.

Michelle: Nice combo of workouts yesterday! Glad you are going to be able to give the TF workouts a try, they are lots of fun (the few that I have done anyway). Yes, I agree on how much dogs understand us & our intensions. They just choose sometimes to ignore! :laugh: Thanks for the thought today, that’s a nice one to engrain into the memory bank. Enjoy your Barre workout and the “me” time with candles … sounds so relaxing & nice.

Laurie: Great job on the workout today – one of your favs!!!! When are you going to be doing your “Cathe Month” of workouts? I’ve really been enjoying this rotation and actually decided to scramble up the weeks and do another month of them.:wink: I’m really glad that I will be joining DH too …. After realizing he is slightly more sensitive about the Birthday than he had lead on, it will be good. I’m sure after today he will be better. I’ll lay off the “old man” jokes until I see him and his mood then. :laugh: :ohwell: I try to always remind myself that we are truly as old as we feel .. there is nothing we can do about it but roll with the punches BUT I’m sure when I have my 50th it will be really hard too. :sad:

Hi Erika & Laurel:flowerforyou:

Have a great day!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Oh Ladies, I have missed you!!!

Last day of work tomorrow, and I couldn't be happier! I have been probably the best employee they have seen since I've put my notice in, despite the company still trying to keep me from going to my new job. But, being the awesome new employer they are, they contacted their attorneys, and drafted up a formal letter for me to sign that indicates I will in no way shape or form be asked to share proprietary info regarding my current employer, talk to accounts I have at my current employer, etc. Basically, covered all the bases. Can I just say, they have been there for me 100%, I am just so happy! I am really starting to realize just how toxic my current work environment is, and am so glad to be leaving! :bigsmile:

Still no workouts for me, I think my back is finally on the mend. I'd say by this weekend I should be able to slowly re-introduce the workouts.

Tami--Sounds like an awesome weekend, with great workouts and lots of time with the pups! BootCamp once again sounds fabulous...love it! :bigsmile: I hope you are enjoying class right now!

Laurie--I'm a MK LOVER!!! My mom sold it when we were growing up, as well as her sister, so I have always used their products. Everything else I've used makes me breakout. I hope your daughter does great with it! Nice job on the workouts, I bet they are more enjoyable now that you found the key to clearing up your sinuses!

Laurel--Good for you for fully enjoying your vacation, and not worrying about the workouts. I'm sure you got in a lot of walking with all the golf playing, and you are going to get back into your workouts full force! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Ugh, tornado warnings still??! Great job on the workouts, and getting your DD involved too! I was lifting kinda heavy with JNL Fusion (for about 2 weeks), but not as heavy as I have in the past. I honestly think it is the cardio...high impact stuff. No idea for sure though.

Well, off to hang with the kiddos. I hope to get back on later this week to chat.
    Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Lower Body, and Bonus Abs. Feeling better and better every morning! Hopefully when this cold snap comes in this weekend, it will provide additional relief. :wink:

Tami, Saw the burn you got from the InsaneX class, that is awsome. Do you wear your HRM during those classes also? Yes that kickboxing workout is my favorite. I'm hoping that she will put out more kb workouts, she says that she has some new workouts coming in December. There wasn't any indication if they where kickboxing workouts though. I'm going to be doing my Cathe month in Nov. Can't believe that I'm saying Nov. already. :noway: I will be using the Pyramids, Bootcamp, Power Hour and High reps. Then probably kickboxing on the non-weight days. I pushed the Bob Harper workout to Dec., because I felt that they where to much like Jillian's workouts from Sept. The BH workouts will probably be a good thing to do before Christmas. :laugh:

Erika, I'm so glad to hear that you are getting excited for the new job. WTG on the new employer being pro-active. Hope your back is better, probably should do some stretching to start out with. :wink: I think that my dd's goal is to get one of those cars. :laugh: She is starting this business very young, so I think she just might accomplish it.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry about being MIA yesterday, but it turned out to be a busier day than I even planned. :noway: But I got my workouts in with X2 Plyocide followed by Lower Body Blast. Tough combo, that's for sure. Today was X2 Shoulders and Arms. This is the first time I've done this workout and I LOVED it! It was a fantastic arm workout. You do six exercises three times, all with a balance focus. And my arms are STILL shaking. It was also one of the shorter workouts at 50 minutes. :smile: I followed it with X2 Ab Ripper and Cathe's Afterburn. Another tough combo, but I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things post-holiday.

Michelle, thanks for the quote! That is something to be remembered. I'm glad to hear your family members are getting better. Great job returning to TF. They are good fun. Short and effective, and that's a great combo too.

Laurie, your upcoming workout combos sound great. Yeah, Bob Harper wouldn't be bad for Christmas. :tongue: :blushing:

Tami, I'm so glad your pup is fully better and back to normal. I hope your husband had a great birthday, and I'm sure he'll be happy to see you this weekend. I'm sorry about 4DS Lower Intensity. Those step workouts in 4DS aren't very easy when it comes to choreography. I think it took me something like 20 tries to get the high impact step mastered, and I don't usually have too many problems with choreography. I think one of the reasons I'm enjoying Cathe's new workouts so much is there is no choreography. Much easier on the brain!

Erika, congratulations!!! I hope your last day of work goes well today. I'm so happy your new employers have been so supportive. I'm also happy to hear your back is healing. Continue to take it easy and ease your way back into your workouts when you feel like it. I'm sure you will feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders tonight! Enjoy!!

I know the next couple of days are going to be absolute madness around here, but I'll try to pop in and say 'hi' if I can. I miss you all!!!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Hi ladies,

So the ladies in the neighborhood have recruited me for their daily walks of 5 miles and my booty is feeling the efforts:bigsmile: Today was JM workout 2 and then my 5 miles, it was a good walk plus I'm meeting the other ladies in the neighborhood. The rain has finally settled but the weather has been Fall-like abd overcast and I love it:bigsmile:

Laurie- That makeup is awesome and is a staple in my bag, especially if my skin is having a bad week:laugh: They say 50 is the new 40 or even 30, so it is truly in how well you take care of you which we tend not to do so much:tongue:

Erika- Glad to see the end is near:drinker: Working in a toxic environment takes a toll on everyone and eventually it heads home with you and affects the family, glad to see the Exit sign:wink:

Laurel- Plyocide with a LB sounds brutal:noway: P90X2 shoulders and arms sounds killer..only 50minutes:huh: Only you Laurel:tongue:

Tami- I'm chuckling at the age jokes, my hubby always comes back with "But I look good"!:laugh: always a great retort. Then again sometimes it is the silly statements that easily offends so wait until you see his face first :laugh:

Ok off to start a stew for dinner and work on some notes.

Michelle

Thought of the day.

"The journey to happiness involves finding the courage to go down into ourselves and take responsibility for what's there: all of it."
    - Richard Rohr
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:

Insane-X was really great last night … we had a good turnout which makes for more energy in the gym I think! She was happy to see everyone there too. This a.m. I did 4DS BootCamp in its entirety (so more arm work :wink: I was feeling they were a bit neglected I guess) and tonight will be Spinning after work.

Erika: Nice to hear from you and that is SO great to hear about your new employer! :bigsmile: Good on them for totally being there for you. It’s got to feel amazing and Yahoo for your last day! I know you will feel so refreshed when you walk out of there, a weight will definitely be lifted. Good to hear the back is a little better .. hope it is good to go this weekend.

Laurie: It is truly a great burn in that class :bigsmile: …. Yes, I try to always wear it for any workout (kind of obsessed with knowing how many calories burned) :laugh: :blushing: Sounds great for your November rotation & December. You are always so good about planning ahead with your rotations. I love it!

Laurel: That workout sounds AMAZING! :bigsmile: You had me at “my arms are still shaking” …. I always love when I can feel the muscles have been worked like that. I would say you are definitely back into the swing of your workouts. :noway: Holy smokes!! Very nice combos you are getting in! I know what you mean on her newer workouts, I just LOVE them and the non-thinking, just work hard aspect plus variety! Thanks for letting me know you didn’t just breeze through the choreography on 4DS.:ohwell: I had AfterBurn on the mind the other day …. Maybe I will get it in when I return on Sunday. I saw that Cathe is starting the filming of X-Train this Saturday!

Michelle: That is so great your neighbors recruited you for the walks! Great way to get to know some people forsure and get a nice workout in as well. Nice that the booty is feeling the efforts from your workout combo! :flowerforyou:

Happy Wednesday Ladies ~ I’ll talk to you tomorrow..... it's my Friday tomorrow :drinker:

Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Mornin' Ladies!!

Well, I am all done with the old job, have a couple days off, and then start the new one on Monday!!!! :bigsmile: I had a great last day full of hugs, gifts, calls, e-mails, etc. that just made my day! I am leaving a great group of people (aside from my manger and the management staff), so it was hard, but I am going to be so much better off now!

Still no workouts, I have a random shooting pain that runs up my back every now and again, so I'm going to keep to my rest schedule until this weekend. Hopefully by then I can ease back into the workouts...I sure have missed them!

Tami--I'm so jealous of Insane-X, I can't wait to get back to regular workouts, and yours sound so fun!! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Yay on the 5 milers with the neighbors, sounds absolutely wonderful. Fall has officially settled in here too (80 yesterday, 50 today!), but I'm completely loving it! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Wowsa, sounds like a killer workout/combo! Anything that makes your arms shake has got to be stellar!! :bigsmile: Great work!

Laurie--Great job getting the workouts in, despite the cold bogging you down! I wish your daughter the best of luck, MK is a great company, and I know my mom got so many fun perks when she did it. She quit right before she qualified for the car, but I think it was just because it was around the time where me and my brother got very active in activities, and she went back to work FT. I've never heard anyone that has worked for them complain about the company.

Well, off to get ready for the day. Gotta get the kiddos to school, and then some time with my mom and my niece and nephew, and then off to lunch/shopping with a high school friend that I haven't seen in years!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Yoga/Stretch. Was feeling like I should just stay in bed this morning, but got myself up because I new it was yoga day. Figured that I could get the headache out with some yoga moves, and it worked. :laugh:

Homecoming is this week, and the youngest went to school in footie pj's. :huh: Crazy kids!

Laurel, Sounds like a great workout when your arms are still feeling it well afterwards. :wink: That really must have been a tough combo with the plyo and then lower body. I'm amazed how you get through those workouts, I probably would have been on the floor saying no more. :laugh:

Michelle, That is wonderful that you are doing the 5 miles with these ladies. I have noticed some retired ladies taking a walk in the mornings around our neighborhood. I'm thinking that 50 will not be as bad as I think it will be, I know that I feel great. :wink:

Tami, WTG on the workouts! I get a bit crazy with my HRM also, just love seeing the count. :laugh: Of course with yoga there isn't much of a burn, until she has us do non-stop vinassa's. :happy: I don't remember the last time I did 4DS Bootcamp, I remember not having enough room in my workout space for one of the moves. :huh: Remeber it is rotation ADD. :bigsmile:

Erika, Enjoy you time off before you start you new job! Nice that you had a nice send off from your co-workers. Hope everything goes well, and take it easy on your back. Sounds like you have a great day planned for today.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

Last night at Spinning we did what she calls The BIG Kahunas! :laugh: it was heavy hill work for 2 min followed by standing sprints 30 sec. 10 rounds & then we did sitting sprints and shorter hills as well. It was a good workout. This a.m. when I woke up that area by your butt cheek that dips in, between hip & butt was definitely feeling it, :noway: It has loosened up though so that's good. Yowsa! I remember that area burning during the workout so I wasn’t surprised. Made some cookies for DH when I got home and started a couple different dinners that I will bring as well. Today’s workout is ToThe Max! I opted this into my rotation in place of 4DS Higher Int Step. :wink:

Erika: Can I just say :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: huge congrats on finishing up your last day and week with absolute class! I am so glad your co-workers gave you a nice send off. You deserve it so much. I hope you enjoy your extra couple of days and cannot wait to hear how fabulous the new job is! :bigsmile: Have a great weekend … hope that back pain is better. Our weather has certainly changed into colder temps but we are still having beautiful blue/sunny skies during the day! This weekend is nice too .. thank goodness!

Laurie: Good on ya for getting up and getting that Yoga in! I bet it felt so great that you did it and glad it got rid of your headache. Never underestimate the power of Yoga! :wink: I remember you saying you are the same with your HR monitor, glad I’m not the only one. Rotation ADD – that’s funny. I think it’s great. Yes, in Bootcamp she has you do lines and also side to side running picking up the weights, bringing them back. That’s the part you need some room for. My dogs stare at me like I’m nuts as I am running toward their beds while they watch & then run away. :laugh:

Hi Michelle & Laurel :happy:
    I’ll check in with you ladies tomorrow before I head out …. Not leaving until about NOON.
    Have a great day!
    Tami