Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Total Body, and Recovery Core.

Laurel, Sounds like a great combo, and it sure is nice that you will be able to enjoy each and every workout. The more I like a workout the more intense I tend to work. :wink: I looked at Xtrain again yesterday, but since it is getting close to Christmas, I am limiting my purchases of sets. I will be happy with these Combat workouts, since it will be easy to incorporate them into a rotation. Kickboxing workouts are ones that you can put your whole body into it. I think that is why I like it so much. I love the punching part the most! :laugh:

Tami, Everyone needs a rest day, or in my case a less intense workout. :laugh: I still have not gotten heavier weighted gloves, and I know I could increase the weight that I currently use. One of these days I will purchase those also, I keep forgetting all these awards that I have gotten at work. Maybe a purcase is in the future soon. :laugh: Something to do this weekend while I have a free moment. I will be more than happy to give reviews of the Combat workouts for both you and Laurel, since you both will be doing the same thing for Xtrain. :bigsmile: Hope you are able to get one of those Ab classes in, I'm sure he does have a great class.

Michelle, I saw the whole Butt Bible on youtube, just in case you where looking for more lower body workouts! :wink:

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided since today was not an X2 day that I would up the intensity of my workouts. :noway: Don't know what got into me if I'm being perfectly honest. :laugh: So I started the day with Cathe's Intensity (including the bootcamp portion) and followed it with Legs and Glutes Extreme premix. Boy, was that a killer! But I feel totally energized now. Ask me how I feel tomorrow, and it may be a completely different story. :tongue:

Tami, no worries about the day off yesterday. You workout enough that I'm sure your body needed the extra rest. I hope you can get into that Insane Abs class sometime. That sounds like alot of fun. The Lower Body Tri-sets workout is really good. In some ways, it is like the Meso 2 leg workouts, but with completely different moves. I have only done the upper body portion a couple of times (because it is one of a few workouts I own where the music drives me crazy), but it reminds me a bit of the first phase on X2. Not as much emphasis on how much you are lifting as there is on how you are using your overall body. I think when I get through with X2 I may end up using it more because I have found I really enjoy this style of fitness. As long as I can get over the music that is. :blushing:

Michelle, sounds like another couple great meal plans! We have so many evening functions here that I end up cooking only a few days a week. I know, I shouldn't complain about it! But it hasn't put me in the mood to cook at all. I'm hoping with the cooler weather, that will change. But even last night, because it was warm here, I just ended up making myself a big salad for dinner (DH was out). It is a lazy option, but I suppose it is a healthy one as well. Sorry to hear about the poor sleep. It sounds like a lazy day may be a good thing right now if you are sore.

Erika, I hope your week is finishing off as well as it started!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies & TGIF!!!! :drinker:

This a.m. was Cathe’s Athletic Step … which felt great. :wink: Going to head home tonight and get in some abwork and take the kids for a walk on our last day of nice weather for a while. Supposed to rain all weekend. :ohwell: Good time to get in some housework, pre-cooking of some meals and a movie with BFF!

Michelle: Sounds like a very long night being awake.:yawn: Good job getting in the Pilates this a.m. :laugh: thanks again. I did remind my husband when he wants me to pose for those photos it’s good that I am strong and can hold them up while he twists & turns the camera, playing photographer. Hope you have a great weekend and get in your JM workout if you decide on it or if you are sore still I hope you get the relaxation you need. Absolute YUM on the dinners and leftovers. :tongue: Thanks again for the quote ….. that’s another great one.

Laurie: Your workout combo this a.m. sounds awesome. I’m sure it was the perfect combo.:smile: You deserve the heavier gloves! When you get a few extra bucks I say go for it. Or put it on the "wish list" for Christmas:wink: Thanks for the encouragement about my REST day yesterday, I always appreciate that and to be reminded it’s a “good thing”.

By the way - All this talk about new workouts coming out and what do I see today via: email from BeachBody. :bigsmile: ASYLUM 2!! How awesome is that.:drinker: I watched the clip briefly (at work) but want to check it out a little further this weekend.

Laurel: YOWZA lady! :noway: :bigsmile: You must have been flying with energy, that’s awesome, what a combo … killer is right. Did you see that yet on ASYLUM2! :smile: Thanks for the additional info on Lower Body Tri-Sets, now I’m really excited to add it in. I’ll be laughing a bit now on the music I’m sure just because you mentioned that it’s annoying. Thanks to you as well for the encouragement/well wishes on the extra rest.

HI Erika – Hope your Friday was a great one! :happy:

Have a nice weekend ladies ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Workouts where as follows:
    Saturday: 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing & Recovery Upper Body
    Sunday: Rest
    Monday: 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing & Bonus Abs.

Was a rainy weekend, so we really didn't do very much. Oldest came with us on Saturday to see Hotel Transylvania. Really a cute movie. Then we went to Applebee's for dinner. Sunday was just watching football and getting lasagna ready for dinner.

Laurel, So how did you feel the next day after that combo of workouts? :wink: Interesting that the X2 workouts are similar to the Cathe workout. Of course that would mean that you might have to use other music. Did they include a music off option?

Tami, Did you have the rain too? I did find some gloves that I want to get, and they are at overstock.com. They are exactly like the ones that I have in the 1pounders. Most of the gloves I have seen have fingers, and I just can see that being comfortable. Or I'm just used to a style. :bigsmile: I saw those Asylum 2 updates, it really is amazing how quickly beachbody is coming out with new sets. Can't keep up with everything. Can you imagine what that business is worth! :noway:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a good weekend here. I started Saturday with X2 V Sculpt and Ab Ripper. Then I did a Cross Fire premix...the triple tabata premix. It was short and effective. Then off to Wyoming we headed for the AF/Wyoming football game. It rained all the way up there, and there was snow on the ground outside of Laramie. By the start of the game (5:00pm) it was dry, but during halftime, it started snowing! :noway: It turned to rain after about 45 minutes and then rained the rest of the game. And most of the drive back to Denver. Not good football weather, but at least AF squeaked out a win. That made it worth it. :wink:

Yesterday was a rest day as I had to drive back from Denver and do things like laundry! But today I started back up with Week 3 of Phase 2 of X2 with Plyocide. And just because I was in so much pain from last week's workout, I decided to repeat it and do Lower Body Tri-sets again. I'm hoping I'm not in as much pain tomorrow. That really is a great combo of workouts, and I can definitely feel them in my lower body already.

Tami, I did see the info on Asylum 2!! But it is going to have to wait until after XTRAIN as I refuse to have too many systems backed up that I haven't done. After all, it took me something like 8 months to get to X2, and I don't want to do that with another program. But I have been missing Shaun T. lately, so maybe this will inspire me to pull out an Insanity or Asylum workout and start preparing for it. :bigsmile: I need that inspiration as I feel like I've been a bit lazy when it comes to cardio since we got here to Colorado. Surely I can't use the altitude issue anymore, can I? :blushing: And, btw, the music in the lower body workout of the Tri-sets workouts isn't as bad as the upper. Yikes on the upper. Really. :ohwell:

Laurie, sorry about the rainy weekend. I think alot of the western part of the country saw that. But after the rain and cold on Friday and Saturday, we're supposed to get up to nearly 80 here tomorrow! Crazy time of the year, that's for sure. I actually felt pretty good after those workouts on Friday. I think it flushed out some of the lactic acid I'd built up after the Plyocide/Lower Body Tri-sets workout because the soreness was gone on Saturday. Crazy how that works, isn't it? Great job on the workouts!

Well, after seeing snow on Saturday, I'm convinced it is time to rearrange my clothing and pull my winter stuff out of the back of the closets. So off I go to do that. Not much fun, but it has to be done.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies :smile:

Weekend went by WAY too fast :sad: They always do. I did however have a few good workouts. Friday eve I ended up doing HiiT 40/20 and took the dogs for a walk. :wink: Sat was Cathe’s Plyo Legs and yesterday I did BodyMax 2 in its entirety. My arms were tired doing the arm portion ….. wondering if my strength is down or just tired after the 90 min workout! Took the dogs for another walk yesterday since it wasn’t raining and they loved it. Felt good for me too. I did meet up with a group of ladies from our office, one who had quit this summer and then a few others. Went to see Perfect Pitch with my BFF. It was a cute & funny movie … lots of laughs! Today’s workout is BootCamp after work.

Laurie: Great job with your SD X-treme workouts! :bigsmile: Sounds like you had a perfect “rainy” weekend. We ended up lucking out with the weather. It wasn’t nice but it didn’t rain until later in the day yesterday and then pouring this a.m. So I was glad, even if we need the rain … I have a hard time w/ the long gloomy days no matter how much I try to block them out. The gloves sound great, I hope you end up getting them. I have the 2LB gloves that I use for STS (Cathe’s brand) and they are good for that but w/ punching they have started to tear a bit. So any KB workouts that I add gloves I use a 5LB/ea. pair that I have. Big bump of weight in my palm and on the back of my hand … DH always teases me if he sees me in them.:laugh: I know what you mean on all the programs OY! I can barely keep up myself on the “wish/want” list! BB is not helping. I can only imagine how much that business is worth YOWSA!

Laurel: Sounds like a busy weekend! Great job with the workout combos. That pre-mix sounds like a good one. I bet you were cold at the football game ….. BRRRR, snow!! Yikes. I know what you mean on “backing up” the programs. I am really REALLY excited for X-Train so trying to figure out what to do filling up rotations until then ~ shouldn’t be a problem.:bigsmile: But as you know, I am also considering P90X2. So then I read about Asylum2 and think, well before I do that I would like to do these others …. Me-oh-my-oh! Plus, like you, I think doing another rotation of Asylum before #2 would be a great idea. Ummmmm is that a typo? :noway: LAZY?!? You? I don’t think so friend. :laugh: :laugh: Thanks for letting me know on the music. I have both planned for this week! I know I’m going to be giggling at the music now. Hope you were able to get your clothes all re-arranged and “wintered” up. I know that project usually ends up with more cleaning and rearranging than I had planned but feels good to get done.

Hi Erika & Michelle

Talk to you all tomorrow ~
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...so, I didn't even realize I hadn't checked in since Wednesday!!! :blushing: Still pushing the workouts, but going at it with baby steps. I've been running 3 days a week, and then 3 days of strength. I'm just going with whatever sounds good. The weekend was kinda boring as the weather was rainy and gloomy Saturday, and super windy Sunday. We get a few days free of activities for the boys, but hockey starts right back up again this weekend with the 6 month league. :ohwell: Work is going great as ever, and even though I know I'll have to work really hard to learn everything, the people are just amazing, so I don't mind one bit! :bigsmile:

Tami--Wow, you've gotten in some great workouts, and nice walks with the dogs too! :bigsmile: My boss wants to see Perfect Pitch, I had never heard of it until I saw a preview this weekend, but it looks great!

Laurel--Send some of your energy my way!! :bigsmile: I've been completely exhausted lately! :ohwell: I'm looking forward to getting back into the fun workouts, like Cross Fire, once I'm sure my back can handle it. I did incline sprints yesterday, and I have just a slight soreness in my tailbone area, so I knew I needed to go easier tonight (JM Ripped in 30). Wowsa on the football game and rain/snow combo. Of course, I'm jealous of the snow though. I can't wait for it! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Sounds like you and I are on the same page with the insomnia. :ohwell: I think I just have too much on my mind (boys' activities, organizing at work, b-day parties, baptisms, weddings, etc) and can't get my mind to settle down. I'm glad you were able to get some relaxing in, even if it wasn't sleep, with a nice cup of tea! Good job on switching up the workout to tailor to your energy level!

Laurie--Our weather must have been the same...just makes me not want to do much of anything. But, it was nice to have a Hallmark movie day...I sat and watched sappy movies while the boys watched their boy movies! :wink: Nice job on the 10 pound slimdown workouts, and taking the rest when needed! :bigsmile:

Off to get ready for bed...let's home my mind can calm down so I can get some good sleep! I've needed coffee (which I never drink) the last 2 mornings to wake up because I was dragging so bad!

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well this weekend we took the kids to Montgomery for their Zoo Boofest and after spending 48.00 for entry it was such a bust:grumble: The best thing was the hayride and after playing all games to win prizes, their cany bag was filled with 5 pieces each:huh: Now the bags that were handed out were huge so it was pretty sad at the end when we left the park. To make matters worst the eldest had an asthmatic attack and after a quick stop at DG for OTC meds we drove home. I opted to sleep with her that night as she then developed a temperature, wheezing, stuffy nose, etc so it was a long night for both of us. On Sunday we headed to church and just relaxed afterwards and watched parodies on Youtube:bigsmile: Monday I slept in after getting the girls on the bus and did a LB circuit in the faternoon. I just did not have the energy for weights so my schedule this week will be energy driven or until I fake it til I make it:laugh: This morning an hour walk with the neighborhood wives and I'm hoping to hit arms with Squeeze Upper this afternoon:bigsmile:

Erika- Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep but in all honesty your plate sounds full:ohwell: If you are organizing half of those events I could see where the brain is not shutting down. A trick that helps me, laying in bed on my back and breathing deeply through my nose and releasing the breath while imagining it traveling through my body down to my toes. I will usually try to do this for 5 minutes without allowing any thoughts to filter in at all. Afterwards I will get into my comfy position and I'm usually out like a light. Try it and see if it helps:wink:

Laurie- Our weather here was actually warm this Saturday with clear clouds. My daughter wants to see that movie..glad to hear that it is a cute one.

Tami- The kids definitely enjoyed their multiple walks for sure. What movie did you ladies see or rent this weekend? Yes this weekend went way too fast, definitely need a 3 day weekend:bigsmile:

Laurel- Lazy:huh: Please your workout schedule makes me feel lazy all year:tongue: If I could commit to a third of your daily routines I would feel awesome:laugh:

Quote of the day..ok loved both so here they are:smile:

The happiest life is that which constantly exercises and educates what is best in us.

by Hamerton

Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Swedish Proverb
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Core, and Recovery Total Body.

Laurel, Dang on the weather for the game, that isn't fun. Almost as bad as watching a game in the snow. :noway: It sure seems like you are going through X2 so fast. Already on week 3 of ph2! :laugh: on doing the workouts that caused you so many DOMS! You are a crazy lady. :laugh: Our weather has been up and down also. Sometimes I just wish it would snow, just to get it over with. :laugh:

Tami, Totally agree with you on those fly by weekends. I never know where all the time goes, because it seems like I didn't get anything done. That workout probably hit areas that you hadn't touched with other workouts. I can't even imagine 5lb gloves. Hope to get to that someday, but for now I will just increase the weight a 1/2 pd at a time. :wink: It is really had to figure out which roation to do isn't it? I'm sure you and Laurel will figue out a great way to sequence into Asylum 2. :happy:

Erika, So happy to hear that your new job is going so great. Nice that you had a free weekend before the hockey starts up again. I always am glad when I don't have to run my dd to and from somewhere. Her speed and agility should be starting up soon, so that means running to the school after work. I love those Hallmark movie days! I'm even a sucker for the Christmas movies. My family always comments on my movies. :wink:

Michelle, So sorry to hear about you dd! And of course the festival being a bust. Not fun. I think that your dd's will really like the movie. My girls enjoyed it and they are 19 and 15! :laugh: Adam Sandler did a really great job, and it appears that he was the producer also. I usually don't enjoy a lot of his movies.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was X2 Chest/Shoulders and Triceps followed by X2 Ab Ripper. I really enjoy this combo. So after I discussion yesterday about Asylum 2, I decided to dust off my Insanity workouts and did Max Interval Sports Training. Um.....that felt pretty tough! But I loved it!!! Of course, I remembered my leg workout yesterday throughout....and the fact that I had done an upper body workout before. But I got through the whole thing without stopping and remembered why I love Shaun T. so much. And why I love these workouts so much.....because I feel so good about what I've done when I finish. I don't know how many of these workouts I will incorporate throughout the rest of my X2 rotation, but it sure felt good to get this one in. Good news is my leg DOMS isn't a fraction of what it was last week, so that should make the rest of the week feel much better.

Laurie great job on these workouts. Our weather is crazy. Yesterday I was too hot in jeans and a short sleeve shirt. And next week, the highs are supposed to barely reach 50. Go figure. I prefer the warmer weather right now because I know alot of cold is around the corner. But the unpredictability is beginning to drive me crazy. Add me to the list of liking Hallmark/sappy movies at times. I call the Lifetime Movie Network the 'Lonely No More' network, because that is the network I invariably turn to in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and just need some company! I can always find something on there that kills time, keeps me interested, and doesn't challenge too many brain cells. Perfect for when I'm tired. :yawn:

Michelle, I'm sorry your weekend outing wasn't as much fun as you'd hoped. Only 5 pieces of candy? That's really sad actually. I hope your daughter is feeling better. Is her asthma worse down there? There are so many different trees and such than you had in San Antonio, and I hope that hasn't made anything for her worse. I know my DH and I are still trying to get used to our allergies here in Colorado, and it has been six months!

Erika, I'm so glad to hear you are still enjoying the new job. And I'm glad your back is feeling better. Sounds like you have a perfect plan right now for easing your way back. Whatever feels good works at times like these!! I must admit, the snow looked pretty....when we were inside! I do love snow at times, but I don't love it as much when I'm in a situation where I'm standing outside in it for 3 or so hours. :ohwell: But I also admit, part of me is looking forward to some good snow this winter. I just hope we get some because, boy, do we need the moisture.

Tami, sounds like some great workouts this weekend! And, if I'm being honest, I really haven't been pushing my cardio very hard since we've moved. I've actually been trying to convince myself that I don't need to work as hard as what I was doing to be fit. But after doing that Insanity workout today, I remembered why I do push myself that hard. It really isn't about the fitness as much as it is the feeling I get when I'm done. I think that is what causes the exercise addiction which I suffer from a tad. :blushing: But there are worse things to be addicted to, right? I hope you enjoy those tri-sets workout and don't let the music put you off too much! I have an idea what Cathe was thinking (music with no beat so she didn't have to keep saying 'We are not going to be going on the beat') but, surely, she could have come up with something that actually used real instruments! Oh my. Now you are going to be paying MORE attention to it. I will be quiet now. :bigsmile:

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~
    Last night’s BootCamp was pretty good. :wink: Not as intense as usual ….. we didn’t have to run sprints I suppose was the difference or outside since the weather is crummy now. At any rate, good workout. This a.m. was Lower Body Tri-Sets …. Really liked this one. :bigsmile: I like how she has changed up some standard leg moves, which makes them feel different. The time flew by and then I realized it was only 45 min workout! Tonight will be Insane-X so that will be a nice extension from this a.m.’s workout! :wink:

Erika: A nice quiet weekend is probably just what you needed in prep for the 6-mo hockey rotation! :wink: I just love hearing how much you are enjoying your new job, that is so fantastic. :flowerforyou: Good job doing what feels good at this point while your back is still not at 100%. That’s smart and I’m sure the movement is helping too. It’s a cute movie forsure, another lady at my office saw it over the weekend and like it. Hope you got a good night sleep and your mind settles down soon. I’m sure with the excitement of the new job that is very natural. Hope it settles soon.

Michelle: What a disappointment the Boofest sounds! :frown: Sorry to hear that & that your DD had an asthma attack. Hope she is feeling better today. We saw Pitch Perfect, it was a good movie … funny & a little sappy. Easy to just “check out mentally” and enjoy type of movie w/ some good laughs too.

Laurie: Fabulous job again with your workout today! Sounds like a great combo and I saw your calorie burn … Yowsa, that’s fantastic! :bigsmile: Thanks for the thoughts on my workout Sat. and I bet you’re right, this current rotation is more lower body intensive so when I do upper body it hits the right spots faster I suppose. Yes, it’s really hard figuring out which rotations to use, etc. I think mostly due to all the choices. :laugh: :noway: I commend you for always being on top of that so far in advance, it’s awesome! I’m teased endlessly about watching movies on LifeTime or something similar from my DH. He calls them after school specials.

Laurel: Thanks for our discussion about Tri-Sets recently so that I put it into my rotation. I really enjoyed it. :bigsmile: I can see why it works, due to the changes in exercises you use your muscles in different ways forsure. I like the elevated lunges even, those are never my favorite. I used 3LB weights instead of Dixie cups, simply because I didn’t have any. :laugh: They worked great though. So throughout I was thinking, this is probably the move that would give some good DOMS due to the variety in the movement/angle. I wasn’t paying attention to the music and then made myself listen closer. Now as I type this I cannot really remember, :blushing: but didn’t seem too bad. I can’t wait to hear the upper body “mix” and see. :laugh: I do remember thinking it just “didn’t go” into a workout. I know exactly what you mean about Shaun T’s workouts and the feeling you have when you finish it. Complete appreciation for what you just did & especially “that feeling” :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I can totally 100% relate and I’m right there with ya on the addiction! Yes, definitely worse things we could be addicted to forsure. I’ll call you all my support group “Workout-Aholics-Anonymous” :flowerforyou: Great job today!

Hope you all have a great day!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb SD Xtreme Yoga/Stretch. Really do love that workout. :bigsmile:

Laurel, I love that you dusted off that Insanity workout, of course it has to be one of the best ones. :drinker: I may have to dust that one off also. :wink: Glad to hear that your leg doms where not as intense. I work with all men, so was surprised this morning when one of them brought up the Hallmark movie channel. :noway: I had to ask if they watched the movies, and they admitted that they watch "because my wife has the TV on". :laugh: :laugh: Ya right. My DH leaves the room. :laugh: I love my exercise addiction. :bigsmile:

Tami, I love when a workout flies by so fast! :wink: LOL about WAA! I think that we would have a following for our first meeting. Hello my name is Laurie and I am an exerciseholic! :laugh: I'm enjoying these workouts alot, and I think I might have a hard time going onto something else. I'm seeing some improvements in my lower body, so it makes me wonder if I should continue. But I know that I will probably get bored, so will have to move on. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I started out with Body Max 2's Scrambled Eggs premix and followed it right into the lower body portion (legs only) of Butts and Guts! Long (combined about 1 hr 40 minutes) but SO much fun. Then I did X2 Yoga. Yeah, this was a good workout day. I'm loving that this week is really quiet for me so it is giving me a chance to do some of these longer workouts! :drinker: Next week will be a different story. :grumble:

Tami, I'm sorry Bootcamp wasn't as intense, but it still sounds like fun. I am really glad you enjoyed Lower Body Tri-sets. It really is a short workout, and I think that is one of the reasons I am always surprised that I get DOMS from it. I think she just really hits the hamstrings and glutes in different ways, and I think alot has to do with those dixie cup moves. Very simple moves....and very effective. Maybe you won't hear the music in the Upper Body Tri-sets either! I normally don't hear music in my workouts at all (unless it is good), so it really surprised me when I heard it in that one. Hopefully you won't have the same issue. Yeah, this addiction to working out is good! Of course, I counter it with my addiction to chocolate :blushing: but, hey, what is life without balance? :laugh:

Laurie, I'm really glad you are enjoying these workouts. I think if you are enjoying them and seeing good changes, there is no problem sticking with them until you get bored. That's one of the things I like about X2....he gives you a window of time to do a phase instead of a set time. I like knowing that I can move on after three weeks if I want....but can stay to six if I like. I can't imagine doing any phase for six weeks (I did the first for five, and I'm trying to decide whether to do the second for four or five right now), but I like having the option. He says to do the third phase for 3-4 weeks only, but I think that's because you do the primary workouts twice each week. I figure I'll only do that for 3 weeks. And, no, my husband wouldn't be caught dead watching Lifetime Movies or Hallmark movies so the excuse 'my wife had it on TV' doesn't quite work for me either! :tongue:

Erika and Michelle, hope you are well!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:

Insane-X was really great, again! Lots of fun.:bigsmile: She likes to come around now to all the people since it is a pretty full class and give help and/or PUSH you harder! :laugh: :huh: Which she did to me a few times. Felt like I had a little Shaun T in a short blonde lady costume yellin at me! I was ok with it though, makes me work & then the people around you work harder too. Only a few of us were doing the squat jumps, I think she was trying to create more participation! :wink: Today was STS Total Body and headed to Spinning tonight after work.

Laurie: I still need to check those workouts out on YouTube. It’s fabulous that you are enjoying them so much and I think until you feel bored of them, keep on with them! Sounds like you are seeing results and definitely not a dread factor so that’s awesome. :bigsmile: Bob can wait right? Wasn’t that your next rotation? We definitely would have a following for our WAA! Gotta love it :laugh:

Laurel: That is definitely a marathon of a workout this a.m.! :noway: :wink: That’s so great and awesome that you have the time to enjoy longer workouts. . . especially this week! Upper Body Tri-Sets is planned for tomorrow a.m. I’ll let you know on the music tomorrow :laugh:

Hello Erika & Michelle :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing, Bonus Buns and Bonus Abs.

My young co-worker (young enough to be my son! :blushing: ) got engaged while he was in Vegas this weekend. I'm very happy for him, the young lady sounds like a keeper. :wink:

Laurel, Leg torture again! :happy: I am going to be keeping the yoga in my rotation, it just is a nice way to get exercise in that is less intense. I always say I'm going to continue,and then forget. But I'm determined this time, it really helps with the balance (in chocolate also :laugh: ). I guess that you have been finding that with these new X2 workouts. :wink: It's all about the core. :laugh: Thanks for the vote on just keeping with the workouts until I get bored with them. I will see how I feel at the end of this month. :wink:

Tami, :drinker: on a great Insane class! LOL about the little blond Shaun T. Thank you also for the vote on keeping these until I'm bored. I was planning on doing a combo of Cathe and kickboxing for the month of Nov. Dec will be Bob Harper. I will probably do those Cathe workouts, because I actually am looking forward to them. I always have these workouts to fall back on if my rotation doesn't work out. :wink:

Michelle, So what do you think of Tyler Perry as Alex Cross? I think he will do a great job. :wink: I saw his intervew on the Today Show, and he has dropped 40lbs. He looked really good.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Torrential downpours has affected my walk for the day and I'm starting to really use my daily walk to clear my mind and work these glutes:blushing: . Yesterday I took Mr. C for the first mile and then dropped him off and continued with my neighbors. Today I decided to use the rain and try to work my hubby's PS3 to play the dvds that will not play in my DD room:grumble: After a few missteps, my KCM Circuit Burn was ready and then I followed that with Taebo 30 Rounds, an older dvd where he uses i1 minute intervals per move and 1 hour and 1 Liter of water later I felt great:bigsmile:

Laurie- The previews were so intense but his role is so physical that I think that he can really make this work for him and create a good franchise. I'm excited to see it but after being so disillusioned by the weakness of Patterson's last 15 novels. I decided not to read anymore Cross books:ohwell: I'm definitely interested in this by truly eager for James Bond SkyFall, yes my dear Daniel...whose beautiful blue eyes lure me in:blushing: can't wait to see him in this role which they said has Bond at a low point and evokes the emotional aspect of his character.

Tami- Hmmnn a blond Shaun T...am laughing in my chair imagining this lady:laugh:

Erika- Hoping that sleep has improved as last night my body finally just crashed and made up for those late nights, unfortunately I woke up refreshed at 4:30:noway:

Laurel- Wowzer, those were some crazy combos but glad to hear the dreaded DOMS was not there to affect your routine. Will your schedule slow down after the holidays for the new year?

Off to grab some breakfast, dinner will be Indian curry chicken and shrimp although Baked spaghetti and meatballs may be quicker:laugh:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I got called out to an emergency meeting this morning, but managed to get my workouts in before I went. Now I'm trying to play catch-up with my day. :ohwell: But this morning I did X2 Shoulders and Arms plus Ab Ripper. I followed it with Afterburn Ultimate Burn premix, and was, quite appropriately, burning by the end of it. :wink: That's a goodie!

Michelle, sounds like a great workout! The rain must be nice right now, though. We could sure use it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been disappointed with Patteron's novels of late, especially his Cross books. Some of his other books are good enough to kill a few hours with, but I don't understand where he is going with his Cross series. Maybe he has grown tired of it. I'm curious about the movie. Like you and Laurie, I think Tyler Perry is a good choice for the role.

Laurie, great job with the workouts. Doesn't it make you feel.....experienced?.......when somebody young enough to be your child is getting married? I know it does me. It scares me to talk to the young people around here sometimes, because most of them weren't born when DH and I got married, so they could all technically be our children. Yikes! I keep asking myself when I got to be this old. :laugh: I'm with you on the yoga. I love it when I'm doing it, but I too easily forget about how much I love it. I just have to keep reminding myself, and I think this rotation of X2 will keep it in my mind for some time.

Tami, sounds like a great class! I love the description of the blonde Shaun T. But it sounds motivating. I previewed the two new workouts for the final phase of X2 yesterday (P.A.P Lower and P.A.P Upper). Each is done twice a week (X2 Yoga is the fifth workout of the week). VERY different workouts. I won't know what I think of them until I do them, but there are two blocks of four exercises and each block is repeated four times in succession. And the exercises vary from resistance to core to plyo to whatever. Tony says this is all about becoming an athlete not lowering the dress size. I will be very interested to do them, but they completely different than anything I've done in X2 or anything in P90X. I will say this about X2....there is MUCH more diversity in this program than P90X. I don't think the results are as visible (like in my arms), but as Laurie mentioned, it is all about the core. And, boy, does my core feel strong these days. Planks are a walk in the park. So very different focus.

Erika, hope your week is going well.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    Last night’s Spinning was lots of fun. She asked me to try out their new “demo” bike that was only there for a day. So I jumped on that for 20 min and then a couple other people tried it after me. It was a great spin bike, hopefully they end up purchasing those. :bigsmile: This a.m. was Upper Body Tri-Sets, which I loved. :happy: OK, Laurel on the music. :laugh: :huh: This is definitely head banger type rock meets P90X soundtrack! Completely unexpected and of course I was thinking as I was listening, is this getting louder?! :noway: Great workout though. I am going to really enjoy these combos for a long time. Feel it will definitely be a “go to” workout and can’t wait to do the whole pre-mix at some point. Tonight I will head home and get in 4DS KickBox!

Laurie: Another great workout this week! :smile: It’s great you are re-committing to your Yoga into the rotation, you have always been good about the Yoga and incorporating it in. :wink: You’re welcome and yes, now I remember you saying about doing a Cathe rotation before Bob. She has so many good ones forsure, really can’t go wrong.

Michelle: The downpours do not sound fun at all. :ohwell: Dang on missing your daily walk because of it. Sounds like you got in a nice combo today, that’s awesome! :laugh: well, not truly anything like Shaun T other than she is a little spitfire forsure and likes to be “tough” with us all. She often says (and I love it) when you are tired and wanting to stop – “you just got here!”

Laurel: Hopefully you were able to catch up with your day after the unexpected meeting. I would say you definitely got in a nice series of workouts before you had to leave! :bigsmile: YOW-sa! Nice job and I would say the AfterBurn Ult Burn was a great cardio for someone “taking it easy” lately on the cardio. :wink: :laugh: Seriously, great job. Yes, she is definitely a motivator. To me her training style is more like a coach but also instructs. Thanks for the addnl info on X2!! Can’t wait to hear your review on those others as well. I have to confess, I have started stalking Ebay:blushing: I love that the diversity is there and how you mentioned before and again today about the athleticism aspect behind it. I also love the idea of subbing in the other “deluxe” workouts. I really feel the strength in the core is so important and makes all the difference in any workout you do. That’s awesome to hear, Yay that you are feeling that result. :drinker:

Hello Erika – Hope you are having a great week at your wonderful new job!

Talk to you all tomorrow ~
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    So sorry I haven't been on this week! :ohwell: I guess I don't even realize how busy our days are (I think I'm in denial! :laugh: ). Workouts have been going well, just trying to fit them in when I can (some days morning, some days night). I had to drive the boys an hour out to my parents on Weds. night and go pick them up tonight, so that eats up 2 full evenings. :grumble: But, work continues to go good, and I don't mind putting in the extra work (worked a 12 hour day yesterday), as I am getting plenty of recognition for it, which is what I enjoy. I am trying to move their files to 100% electronic, which is something my manager has been trying to do for awhile. I :heart: to organize, so it's been a very fun project for me!

Tami--Lots of fun workouts, esp. trying out the new spin bike! :bigsmile: Now, I must pull out Tri-sets to hear this music you and Laurel are talking about. I suppose I didn't even notice it the first couple of times I did that workout, which would be unusual as I always notice the music! :laugh:

Michelle--Ugh, bummer on the disappointing Halloween event! :ohwell: That's a lot of money to pay for anything less than stellar, plus an asthma attack on top of it is just not fun! I hope things are back to normal and you are continuing to get rest and wake up refreshed. I'll have to try your idea about the breathing before bed. The restlessness is getting better, but I still find myself waking up a lot at night. I think once I really get everything organized at the office, my mind will settle down. My Type A personality wants everything done now, and I struggle when I can't to it all right away. But, I'm super close, which makes me feel good!

Laurie--I like the mix of Shaun T and P90X2...sounds like a really good combo for you! :bigsmile: I'm with you on the snow, I do like it the most when I can did inside and watch it come down, although if it's not too cold, I like to play out in it too. I am so looking forward to that major dumping with the first big snow storm. Part of what makes it more enjoyable too, is knowing that the place that I work would never expect me to come in if the weather wasn't good, and would let me work from home, so I never have to worry about my safety! :bigsmile:

Laurie--I often sit and wonder what life is going to be like when there are no kids to constantly run around. Everyone tells me I'll miss it, but deep down, I can't wait. I am such a homebody, and really, really enjoy coming home and just relaxing after work. When I have to come home and try to immediately switch gears to some other activity, I struggle. Still hoping I can get to those 10lb Slimdown Xtreme workouts soon! :blushing:

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm off to my first 2 meetings with the new company (already out in front of clients presenting!), but the meetings are just a few minutes from my house. So weird not having to drive for multiple hours to get to a meeting. I don't mind being out of the office if it's close. Sounds like I'll be out a few times a week, as the reps really want me out in front of the client. Must mean the like me! :bigsmile:

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Squeeze Upper as her routine definitely enhances my arms without building too quickly. I have tons of Maxi dresses for the December cruise so these babies need to look sharp:wink: I have my first appointment with a new potential hairdresser so I'm excited but nervous too:bigsmile: The back way is a shortcut but I'm nervous about using that route and getting lost so I may leave an hour early and just shop if I'm too early:blushing:

Laurel- Yes, Patterson signed a multi-million dollar contract with 18+ releases in a two year span and it definitely shows in his work. I question if it is truly his work as the decline in his newer books are so weak in comparison to years ago. I understand releasing co-authored books to help new writers but his work is truly disappointing.

Erika- Glad to hear of good things and yes we missed you this week. I'm a type A so I understand the fun in getting things organized:bigsmile: As for the empty nest syndrome even for homebodies like us it will affect you for a bit. When my hubby takes the girls out to give me a break I tend to call at the two hour mark to check in:blushing: sad but true! I love those peaceful moments but the absolute silence is no fun.

Laurie- Are you doing a specific rotation or just enjoying Chris's dvds ? Bob of course is always a fun and effective rotation, which dvds of his would you use:bigsmile: I have his Kettlebell workout but have not opened the dvd yet:blushing:

Tami-Awesome being able to use the Demo bike, I'm still interested in Spinclass but nervous I would not be able to keep up or my knee goes out on me in the middle of class:blushing: One of the neighbors I walk with invited me to go with her so I may start with her Zumba and Power Pilates first...then Spin:laugh:

Ok off to eat, shower and get out the door.

Michelle