Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies! So I finished Phase 2 of X2 today with X2 Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper. This is the last time for Ab Ripper this rotation as it isn't done at all during Phase 3. So tomorrow will be a completely new workout because Tony even does a different warm-up in the Phase 3 workouts. And here I've just grown to love the warm-ups in the other workouts! :tongue: I followed it with Cathe's Afterburn Bonus Burn premix, and it felt great today. I could have kept going afterward, and I love those kind of days. I haven't had any this week, so it was nice to find one on a Friday. :drinker: I think I will start Phase 3 tomorrow as DH is gone for the day. That way I can take my day off on Sunday when he is home again.

Erika, how nice of your boss to give you a couple of days off. They sound like terrific employers. How fun to have so many kids on Halloween. I wish we'd had some, but I knew where we live we wouldn't get any. I wouldn't walk all the way back down a dark driveway to this old farmhouse. I mean....talk about a setting for a horror movie! So I wasn't surprised, but I missed having some kiddies around. Sounds like your decorations packed a punch! But I think that's so fun....even if you do make the little ones cry. :ohwell: :wink: Great job on the workouts. Sorry to hear about those hamstrings from Cathe's Lower Body Trisets. It's a killer.

Tami, I'm really anxious to hear how you liked Total Body Trisets. Let us know. I'm not even sure how long that premix is, but I think it must be well over an hour. So glad you enjoyed the Spinning class. Sounds like a great way to work off some Halloween candy. I'm thinking you might just get X2 this year from Santa! I think you'll really enjoy it....or at least I hope you do since I've talked you into it. :laugh:

Laurie, I'm so glad you found your DVD. I do that sometimes.....put DVDs into a machine and then forget about them. Not fun. So glad you enjoyed PUB. That is one of my favorites of Cathe's. I find the core routine still to be one of her toughest, especially at the end of that workout where your arms are tired already. And then all those planks on the ball......:noway: . I know you said you didn't buy them, but just in case you want a recommendation, I do recommend Cathe's Yoga workouts. I don't like Cathe's stretching workouts by and large, but I was really impressed by her yoga. Just in case you wanted some enabling. :laugh: :tongue:

Michelle, I love that you and DH have gotten into a morning workout routine! It sounds like he is enjoying it as well. You've been doing some killer workouts lately. Yikes! Christmas shopping? :noway: I can't even think about that. I'm wondering where this year went right now. Wasn't it just Christmas a little while ago? P90X2 vs. Insanity.......completely different programs. I will say this....I think X2 is the most balanced program I've received from Beachbody, and that says something since it doesn't include cardio. There is just something about this program that makes my body feel completely worked out, and the cardio I've done is simply because I'm stubborn and isn't necessarily something I feel like I need to do at the end of these workouts. However, with P90X I felt I needed more intense cardio than it included. And with Insanity, I wanted strength training. With Turbo Fire, I wanted strength training. I think the closest I've come with Beachbody programs and X2 is Asylum which I felt was a complete cardio and strength program. I can honestly say I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed X2. I didn't expect to like it this much, and I really wish I could pinpoint why I've enjoyed it so much but I can't. It is very different from anything I've done, and for some reason, it really has worked for me.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies :smile:
    Thought I would check in since I missed ya Friday. So good workouts ... Fri a.m. was Intensity (Max Pre-mix) so lots of fun! The dogs both watched me from their beds and then snoozed off .. very funny! Headed to Spinning after work then home for a little relaxation & caught up on a few TV shows that have recorded. Yesterday was a "rest" day & went with my friend to do a little shopping & lunch. This a.m. Was Cathe's Kick Punch Crunch followed by Ult Ball, then I headed to Vball! We won 4 out of 6!:bigsmile:

Laurie: Great news that you found your DVD! Great job getting in PUB, sounds like you are enjoying your new Cathe rotation, which is always a good sign. Thanks for letting me know as well on SJP and not being tricky. I know you can relate to those moments as well, so good to know. I’ll have to give it a try.

Michelle: I think it is so great that you and DH have morning routine now with your walk. I would love it if my DH would go for a walk with me ….. even once in a week. He complains that he doesn’t like to hurt and walking hurts his knees .. sad but true, and yes he’s just turned 50 not 80. Sounds like you had a nice Pilates & upper body workout after your walk. Have a great time doing a little window shopping and dinner, sounds like fun! Christmas shopping already?!? Good on you for getting started. I did actually buy one gift last weekend for my first purchase, (earliest ever). It is the perfect gift for my girlfriend so I’m excited. You’re welcome on the info, I hope you get a chance to try Spinning sometime. :wink:

Laurel: Congrats on finishing up Phase 2!! :drinker: What a great combo today! Sounds like a perfect plan to start up Phase 3 tomorrow and have a REST day Sunday with DH. I really enjoyed Total Body Tri-Sets .. yes, it’s long. Right at 90+ min. but a fun combo and good fully body workout forsure. She does the LB section first, then the UB. Time flew by I thought. I think you’re right on the Santa gift! :laugh: Your recommendations have always been right in line with what I enjoy so I’m sure it will be another great one. Your descriptions to Michelle of what you felt you were needing with the various programs is so true, so to hear again that this feels like a more complete “package” is great. WooHoo for Level 3 coming up! I bet you are looking forward to it.

Hi Erika:flowerforyou:

Hope you have all had a great weekend! Talk to you tomorrow.
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice relaxing weekend. :bigsmile: Saturday was MMA Boxing, Sunday Power Yoga with Kristen McGee and this morning was PLB and Hiit Double Wave Pyramid. :bigsmile: I like doing workouts that make me happy. :laugh:

Sunday morning I was walking the dog at my normal 4:30 in the morning time. I usually don't encounter anyone, unless it has snowed during the evening. Well someone came upon me doing the fast walking. Talk about giving me a "surprise". Now this person may have not turned their clock back, so that is why I have never encountered them before. Kind of glad I have a dog with me, because she was the one that made me aware of the person.

Michelle, It is so nice to get the workout done, so being the early morning couple is great. I just got a new droid phone, and I sure do love the MFP app. This is the first time I have had anything but a flip phone, so I'm having a lot of fun with it. :laugh:

Laurel, Congrats on finishing up phase 2 of X2. Hoping that the first workout in phase 3 was a good one. :wink: I agree with you on the core routine in PUB. It is tough with all those pikes. Even though I don't enjoy floorwork, PLB also has one of the better ones. I like it that she only uses a ball, and I don't have to have weights on my ankles. The floorwork is tough enough with out adding on more weight. :laugh: I will have to look into Cathe's yoga, since I am really making an effort to get more yoga into my rotation. :wink:

Tami, LOL about your dogs. Mine is always downstairs watching me, and waiting. :wink: I keep out a yoga mat for her to lay on, so now she has her own. Of course she does all the yoga moves, down dog, up dog and what I call lazy dog. :laugh: Congrats on the wins, sounds like all of you are getting used to each other. :drinker: Of course I can relate, since I can trip over a band on the floor.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning we enjoyed another great run/walk although allergies were kicking hubby and Mr. C's butt, then it was a Barre routine for me. My back is hurting which may be attributed to a pilates routine I did on Saturday night which focused on combo moves such as push ups with leg circles..hmmm not such a great idea:blushing: I have been trying to stretch that out while also dealing with an upset tummy due to a rich Spanish homemade meal:blushing:

Laurel- We are headed on our cruise and then my mom's for Xmas so we tend to ensure that the girls will have a few boxes just in case the family is unaware of our visit, less pressure for them to feel obliged to purchase for the kids:blushing: We did purchase the Kindle Hd fire for both girls so those are the big ticket items:bigsmile: I'm interested again based on your explanation and will start to read some X2 forums, I loved 90x but it did not include enough Cardio for women completing the Lean program, but I loved my Tony:bigsmile:

Tami- Nice weekend! I guess most dogs feel the same when they observe us exercising..crazy humans:laugh:

Laurie- lol sound like me after hubby traded my phone for one with a Qwerty board, text heaven:bigsmile: We also looked at some on Saturday and of course qwerty is becoming obsolete so I dread the switch but my DD did offer to teach me if I make the switch, although she did comment on how sad it is that I'm techno challenged:grumble: :bigsmile:

Erika- Good morning..hoping your weekend was great with the boys:indifferent:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had a nice quiet weekend here at home which was nice. I started Saturday, though, with P.A.P. (which stands for something like Post-Activation Potentiation....which I've never heard of) Lower from X2. VERY interesting workout. Like I said before, you do two groups of four exercises each, and those four exercises are repeated four times without breaks. So, for instance, the first section of Lower was Step-Ups into lunges, followed by plyo side lunges, followed by slalom jumps, followed by what Tony calls the Tony triangle which is a variation of a floor leg raise. So you are getting balance and toning in the first, cardio and plyo in the second and third, and toning in the four exercise. The second set of exercises follows a similar pattern. And he moves very rapidly between exercises so my heart rate was up for much of the workout. The exercises are easy but, for some reason, the workout ended up feeling challenging. And, again, I felt it was a complete workout. In fact, throughout the entire thing I kept thinking 'What is going to be my second workout of the day?' because I honestly felt like it hit everything I needed hit. But I'm stubborn, so after the discussion last week about PLB, I did compliment it with PLB. But I certainly didn't need to.

Today was P.A.P. Upper and it was the same structure as Lower but with an upper body focus. So, for instance, one set of exercises was shoulder presses with one foot up, plyo push-ups, planks with legs up, and then supermans. It wasn't as cardio intensive of a workout as Lower, but, again, it felt challenging to me. Because it didn't have as much a cardio factor, I followed it with Body Max 2's cardio. But, again, I probably didn't need to follow it with anything.

These workouts are completely different from anything I've ever done before, and I'm curious about the results. I will do each workout twice a week for three weeks, and Tony really emphasizes that he's trying to build athletes with these workouts, not increase bicep size or decrease dress size or whatever. And I can see that in these workouts because they really do hit the overall body and, like the rest of the program, focus ALOT on core strength. So.....again, very interesting workouts. And they move really quickly since each exercise moves really quickly as well. Good stuff!

Michelle, how fun you got your girls the Kindle Fire HD. I was seriously considering the Kindle Fire last year for Christmas....and ended up with an IPAD instead. :blushing: But they are great little items and very reasonably priced. Regarding X2, there is no lean rotation for this program. The only variability I've seen in it is how long you choose to do each phase and whether you want to insert rest weeks or not. I like this better than P90X simply because I really didn't ever sync with P90X's cardio and always opted to do my own. Maybe that's why this program feels more complete to me....I'm not substituting out workouts like I did in P90X. I would even be doing the Recovery and Mobility workout more regularly had I invested in a foam roller because after my initial impression of that workout, I've come to appreciate its benefits.

Laurie, great workouts!! I love that Double Wave Pyramid workout. I really agree with you about the floorwork in PLB. It is short and VERY effective. I think the 12 minutes of floor work in it is as effective as the 20+ minutes in Butts and Guts (and I love B&G!) I really enjoyed doing that workout again Sunday as it has been forever since I've done it. I don't remember the last time if I'm being honest. Cathe's yoga is worth looking into btw. I never thought I'd feel that way about Cathe and Yoga, but, like I said, she impressed me with these two yoga workouts.

Tami, sounds like some great workouts! I take it your shoulder is all better. It really sounds like volleyball is alot of fun right now, and you're doing well! Thanks for the review of Total Body Tri-sets. Sounds like it is a similar length and format to her 4 Day Split Total Body premix (which I love). So I will have to give the Tri-set one a go when I finish X2. I just saw on Cathe's newsletter that there are going to be over 100 premixes for this new series! :drinker: That has me so very excited for it. I'm loving the description of the workouts that's for sure.

Erika, I hope you are well.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

How are you all doing with the time change? Yesterday (Sun) felt like the LONGEST day ever! WOW, I kept thinking it must be evening and it was only 3 or it must be like 7 and it was only 5:00. :huh: :noway: Today’s workout will just be BootCamp.

Laurie: Nice to hear you had a relaxing weekend and also enjoyed some good workout combos Sat and again today! :wink: Congrats on the new phone … they are so fun to have and yes, the MFP app is the best. I have an Iphone. Workouts that make us happy are the best kind, I agree.:happy: I bet that did startle you a little bit, my dogs both give me plenty of warning because if they even hear anyone they both start looking back or pulling like crazy on the leash. Not my favorite moments when I walk them. :ohwell: Then the people walking ask me who is leading who? Two LARGE dogs pulling at the same time! OY Thanks for the congrats. Yes, yesterday was way better. So hopefully it keeps up!

Michelle: Great job on the run/walk again this a.m. :bigsmile: Hope your back gets better. What a great gift for your daughters!!! That’s exciting.

Laurel: P.A.P. sounds very interesting/challenging and definitely a great variety to keep things moving! :wink: That’s so great. Are you doing the scheduled rotation he has set up and then you get to choose the amount of weeks you do them? Or, did you decide you will do these particular workouts twice a week for 3 weeks? I love how you mention “probably didn’t need to” on the add-ons that you did! You are amazing with your workouts, :bigsmile: :drinker: great job and thank you for the great descriptions.
    Yes, my shoulder is 100% and I haven’t felt any pain so that is a very good thing & I’m so grateful. THANK you. :wink: I was looking through Cathe’s newsletter today as well and did see that on the pre-mixes! WOW, that is so amazing and as always, so awesome of Cathe to include so many pre-mixes; the time & effort she puts in to accommodate us all. Hard Strikes sounds like another fabulous workout in XTrain too. I’m super excited :bigsmile: I don’t know if you read the article about Functional Strength Training …. which seems to be the theme of what we have been chatting about and loving that kind of training. :wink:
    I also saw the article on sitting at a desk all day .... say like me. :frown: I do get up as much as I can and go upstairs, downstairs, etc. but for the most part, I am at my desk. Good thing a do a lot of evening workouts too.

Hi Erika :flowerforyou:

Hope you have all had a great Monday ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Election Day Ladies!!! :bigsmile: I'm pretty proud that I stood in line (out in the rain) to make sure I voted. I saw hubby drive by and leave. He said he didn't want to wait in the rain. I informed him that the wait was only about 10 minutes (maybe 3 of them outside), and he said he'd be better off this evening...ooh, is he going to be in for a surprise...they are saying it's going to be a long wait this evening based on how many didn't go before work.

I had a nice long weekend at home. Really didin't do much but hockey and a b-day party on Sunday morning. Otherwise, lots of lounging around. I did buy knitting looms on Saturday, and the boys were THRILLED to use them. I had planned on just using them myself to make some Christmas gifts. Well, I got a scarf done for one of the teachers, and each of the boys are working on their own projects (scarves or dishrags). So fun to see them make something on their own!

Workouts have been great! I've been getting in 6 days a week, alternating days of strength and cardio. I got in some treadmill sprints over the last 5 days, Cathe's High Reps (OMG--killer!) and CLX Intervals. The tireds hit me mid week last week, but FINALLY left last night. We put our pup in her kennel for the night, and I got a night of uninterruped sleep (she normally is up several times a night to go potty, too warm, antsy, etc. I think she has insomnia!). Tonight is a cardio night...I'm sure treadmill sprints.

Laurie--I'm glad to hear you found the missing DVD, and you are enjoying the Cathe workouts! :bigsmile: How nervewracking about the walker at 4:30am. I would have freaked out! That kind of surprise makes me a little on edge the remainder of the day!

Tami--Great Halloween class, I can't believe it was that packed! The home workouts sound great too...lots of challenging ones!! :bigsmile: Great fun on your rest day, I love those shoppping/lunch days with a friend! Did yesterday feel more like a "normal" day? I was so tired all day I could barely stay awake. I crashed at 9 and actually overslept even! Never happens with me, but I must have needed the sleep!

Laurel--Wow, the new phase of P90X2 sounds really interesting! Is it more of an endurance type workout? I always struggle with workouts that are different than the "norm" as I wonder how effective they are and how they will affect me (body changes, weight loss/gain, tireds, etc). I sure hope you get some awesome results out of this phase. It sounds like it is really a thorough full body workout! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Yay on the morning workout couple!!! :bigsmile: I hope your back and stomach start cooperating so you can feel good and keep up with the workouts! I hope you had a fun time shopping with the hubby! :bigsmile:

Back to work. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well there are DOMS in the lower body! :laugh: This morning was PUB, then onto my Power Hour week. I really love the variety so far, but this is only the first week.

Tonight I have a hair appointment, so I can get the gray out of my hair. :wink:

Michelle, I'm sorry about your DH, but when you said that both of the "guys" in your house are suffering, I smiled. NOT because I want them to not feel well. Love the guy in my life, but he really isn't a good sick person. :wink: My DD is the same way, I hand off my phone to them when I can't figure something out. :laugh:

Laurel, Now those workouts really sound interesting. Very different from anything that I have heard about. That is a good thing. :wink: It will be interesting what you end up with results, be it strength, coordination or core stability. :wink: I can't believe you followed that one up with PLB! My legs are sore in places that have not hurt in a long time. :laugh: I love B&G also, but I tend to avoid the floorwork on that one. :laugh:

Tami, Last night I was wanting to go to bed at 8pm. I actually should just do that, because I'm waking up at 3am. :noway: I have taken care of our friends lab, and having to walk both of them was tough. The "boy" dog wanted to mark everything that existed along the side of the road. Then my dog has to go sniff! Talk about tangled up leashes! :laugh: I do want another GSD, but DH doesn't. :tongue: The have a lot of free apps here on MFP, just have to find the one that will work for me.

Erika, I did the early voting thing, because I knew I had a hair appt. today. It just made it way easier for me. Sounds like a fun project for you and the boys. I know how to knit, but never take the time to do a project. WTG on the workouts! I was a little freaked, but glad I had that big scarry dog with me. I know for a fact that she would have defended me in an instant. Nobody in our house can hug me without getting barked at. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was my recovery day, and you know how that works for me. So I did Drill Max followed by LBB. :noway: What was I thinking? Oh well. Later this afternoon I plan on actually doing X2 Recovery and Mobility since I have the time today.

Tami, I saw that article on Functional Fitness as well and about the conversation here. I was talking to a friend of mine a little earlier who, due to injury, has been forced to go to yoga as her sole form of fitness. She hasn't gained any weight, is stronger in some areas, and has more definition. Go figure. I'm thinking functional fitness is the way to go, but my mind tells me otherwise when I get into my workout room. :ohwell: Yes, I'm doing the set rotation of X2. The final phase week looks like: PAP Lower, PAP Upper, Recovery and Mobility (or off), X2 Yoga, PAP Lower and PAP Upper. I think the duplication is why he recommends this phase lasting only 3-4 weeks as opposed to the 3-6 weeks for the other phases. No problems with the time change here....except I hate eating dinner when it is dark outside. :grumble: Don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does.

Erika, thank you for voting! I mailed in my absentee ballot weeks ago, so I keep forgetting this is election day. :blushing: I'm sure when I turn on the TV, I'll be reminded. :laugh: Great job on the workouts. Yes, High Reps is a burner, that's for sure. This phase of X2 is definitely endurance-based.

Laurie, sorry about the DOMS. I had a bit of DOMS after PLB on Sunday as well, but nothing like what I have when I do that Lower Body Trisets. Still can't figure that one out. Glad you are enjoying this rotation. I think I'd love the variety, and those older workouts of Cathe's are some of my favorites that I just don't reach for often enough. Enjoy your hair appt!

Michelle, hope you are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was lots of fun, packed house again last night. We almost need to switch locations it’s getting so crowded. I think when it’s that crowded she goes with an extra long warm-up. It was probably more than half the time of the class. LOTS of running back and forth, walking lunges, squats, etc. Then we did our circuits which included some very tall box jumps or you could step-step down. I went with the jumps! :wink: This a.m. was STS Total Body & tonight will be Insane-X!

Erika: Way to go VOTE this a.m. in the rain and all! I went during my lunch break :happy: Nicer option than being all sweaty and cold after my workout tonight! :laugh: Great job on the workouts and sounds fun that you and the boys are taking advantage of your new looms! Cute that they are so into it. Your weekend sounds busy as usual but I’m sure lots of fun. Yes, yesterday felt more “normal” forsure so that was good. Although pitch dark of course very early. That’s the worst part.

Laurie: Sounds like Cathe’s doing her job with you feeling the DOMS. :wink: Great to hear you are enjoying the workouts/variety. Believe me on relating to the “marking” action. Our lab is non-stop! Sheesh, some dogs just go nuts about that for some reason. Yikes, do you get up at 3 a.m. since you are waking up? I was woke up at 1am from DH snoring. Hope you have a nice hair appt!

Laurel: Yowsa lady ~ nice Recovery Day!! What a combo, great job. :bigsmile: I love that your friend is doing so well with a Yoga routine, that’s so great and again a benefit of functional training. My mind tells me other things as well . . . :laugh: I am thankful my body is cooperating with my mind! :blushing: :wink:

Hi Michelle :flowerforyou:
    Talk to you all tomorrow – Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was KPC! Long time since I did the crunch part. :laugh:

Laurel, LOL about your recovery day. :wink: I had DOMS in my inner thighs for PLB, don't think that I have done a lot in inner thigh work in a while. I was going to look at that article when I had the time, but still have not had the opportunity. Hope to do that on my lunch break today. I think that is why I chose one of her older rotations to start with, wanted to get in some of those workouts that I don't reach for. :wink:

Tami, I too am a sit at your desk person, and I avoided looking at that article. Guess I just didn't want to know how bad the news would be. :laugh: I feel like I need to get my body going after work also. I just want to do nothing after a busy day. I told my DD that she needs to tell me to go workout tonight instead of sitting down. :laugh: Let's see if she reminds me. I have been trying to avoid actually gettin up at 3am, but it is hard. Seems like DH picks that particular time to start snoring really loud! :noway: Last night was really bad, and I think I kicked him out of bed. :blushing:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday after 3 miles with hubby I showered and headed to the lines with my girls at 7am:bigsmile: My youngest had asked to vote with me again and my eldest has been involved at school and here with me in debates etc. Yesterday my vote counted for me and my girls rights, so I truly wanted them to feel informed in the process. Here in Al the ballot has amendments for segregation on their ballot as they only allowed interracial marriages in 2001, so it was important to show them the power and the price of not voting. I believe in Girl power and I try to instill that in my girls through action and the power of knowledge.:bigsmile:
    Today I did KCM Upper which was good but not outrageous as my left arm is still tender and swollen, hopefully not too much is going on inside the wound:ohwell:

Erika- Way to go on getting out early, my hubby opted not to vote which was very disappointing to me but my voice was heard and that was critical plus my girls were there and afterwards I dropped them to school with their "I Voted" stickers.:laugh:

Laurel- interesting workouts so please do tell after a few weeks of those routines. The girls love to use my IPad although they both have laptops, so the appeal seems to be the size so it is less than the IPad and they love to read and play games so I believe this option will be great for both of them.:bigsmile:

Laurie- Funny on the snoring as hubby fell asleep on the couch and his snoring brought me into the living room:grumble: I stayed up until 2am watching election results and had to increase the volume to deal with his snoring being out of control with his allergies:huh:

Tami- Obviously the word has spread on your Boot Camp class:bigsmile: How is your volleyball team doing?

Have a great day ladies:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided to take it a bit easier today than I did on my 'recovery' day. So I started the day with Cardio Kicks which I haven't done in a long time. And then it was my fave....X2 Yoga. I probably could have done more, but I'm trying to train myself to not push it so hard. :ohwell: I'm barely trainable. :blushing:

Michelle, I'm so glad you are teaching your daughters about the importance of being informed and voting. That is a very valuable lesson. I remember when I was 11 watching the Ford/Carter debates on TV, and that is when I first became interested in the whole political process. I'm glad you are passing that along to the next generation. Take care of that arm!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed KPC. I love the 'crunch' part of that workout. Short and effective! I didn't feel PLB in my inner thighs as much as my hamstrings. They just must be the weakest part of my body, because if I'm going to get DOMS anywhere, its there. :grumble:

Tami, glad you enjoyed the Boot Camp class. It's interesting that she does such a long warm-up for a bigger class. But maybe it keeps people in place a little better so there is less chaos. Sounds like you are hitting the workouts hard! Great job!

Erika, hope you are well.

I will out tomorrow but back on Friday to give you another update on these X2 PAP Lower/Upper workouts!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane-X was another great one. It was actually a rotation she did several weeks back, but lots of fun! This a.m. I did 4DS KickBox and tonight will be Spinning. So I had mentioned last week that I was wearing my GWF again . . . not 24/7 like I should but forsure during workouts/sleep. It syncs now with MFP so I don’t have to put in calories, it connects w/ MFP and syncs the calorie info back! Which is great. Well it will adjust your calories according to your “activity” and today it gave me an extra 470 calories! I’m sure I won’t add that in but YOWSA. Even sitting most of the day at my desk! :laugh: :wink: This may just play with my mind even more on the whole eating too much, not enough, etc.. :ohwell: But it is a cool thing that they are syncing with one another now.

Laurie: We were on the same wave length this a.m. with our KB style workouts! :bigsmile: Yes, it is unfortunate to be at a desk most of my 8 hour day and that article reminded me to get up and move as much as I can. Which I truly do try to do, but even what little I do doesn’t feel like enough sometimes. :frown: There was a while there I was waking up at 3 a lot and it did finally stop. But if I wake up that close to my alarm I have told myself I should just get up because I will be crazy tired when the alarm does go off. Good on ya for kicking him out for snoring! :wink: I don’t think I could even attempt kicking my DH out of bed.

Michelle: That’s great you had your girls involved with the voting! Nice job with the workout … hopefully that left arm feels better, OUCH! Yes, definitely the BootCamp class has been heard by many. Surprisingly, because we normally have new people and a lot of them don’t come back. It’s been like New Years turn-outs at the gym with the Biggest Loser competition going on. One more week. Volleyball is going better – thanks! We played well together last week so hoping this week is even better. It’s usually by the end of the league that we feel like we are playing well and then it’s over. Hopefully our team will stay together moving into the Winter league and Spring instead of changing team-mates for each league.

Laurel: Nice job today! That is still a great combo and more like it for a Recovery day :laugh: :smile: I love your thinking and it’s great that you are “trying” ~ I think due to the gym being full she has limited opportunity to have us run and with more people it makes more stations which takes longer. But it is very crowded when we do running back & forth. Not sure the thinking on it, I would think a shorter warm-up and do the stations 2 or 3 times through. :laugh: good thing I’m not leading it, people would hate me! Can’t wait to hear from you on Friday for your PAP review. Have a great day tomorrow.

Hi Erika :happy:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami

Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

No workout last night, too involved in watching the election coverage! But, this evening was Cathe's High Reps, this time Lower Body. I am trying to keep my lower body weights a bit lighter, just to avoid the muscles in my legs getting bigger than I like, so it was a good workout, but not killer. I'll have to go back to Trisets if I want to really burn those legs! :bigsmile:

Tami--I just love the Bootcamp class! :bigsmile: I absolutely LOVE sprints, so it just sounds like all sorts of fun to me! I have a GymBoss and use it to run sprints on my treadmill 3 x per week. It's much more enjoyable than running long distances, that's for sure! Great job on the home workouts too, they sound fun too! :bigsmile: How awesome with the GWF syncing with MFP. That is HUGE!!! :bigsmile: Gotta love that you really get a true idea of where you are for calories burned versus what you ate, and how much you have left!

Laurel--I like the sounds of today's workout, and that you are trying to not push too hard! I have noticed that by not killing myself in workouts, I have lost more body fat in several areas (not my abs, however), that I was really struggling with. It is fun to experiment with intensity, length of workouts, etc to figure out what works best with your body. Sounds like the functional training is really working well for you! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Great job on modifying the workouts as needed to take care of that arm! The older we get, the smarter we get about taking care of ourselves to avoid further injury, I think! :wink: Great job on instilling in your girls the importance of voting, and being informed. I learned yesterday, that my boys were VERY tuned into what they were hearing on TV about the debates, as they had very strong opinions on who they were voting for and why.

Laurie--I love that you did KPC with the crunch part! :laugh: Even though I sit on a ball all day long, I still struggle so much with ab work...good job getting that in!! I need to re-visit PUB and PLB after your comments the last couple of days. I remember really liking that workout last time I did it!

Off to bed so I can MAYBE get up for a morning workout tomorrow, although I doubt it will happen! :blushing:

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Power Hour! :love: Today is my Friday. We have Monday off of work, but I opted for tomorrow because it is suppose to be a nicer day.

Michelle, I have done the same with my girls, my oldest has voted in every election since she turned 18 (and knows the issues). :wink: She is probably one of the few younger people that actually votes. DH went and had a sleep study done, and he does have restless sleep and snorring. They gave him a nasal spray, but I don't think that it is helping. :huh:

Laurel, :drinker: on the recovery day! I like your workouts, and I'm sure it was hard to stick to just those two workouts. :wink: I'm hoping that I'm done with the pikes on the ball thing for a little while! I didn't realize that when I put those Pyramid and KPC workouts together, that I would be doing so many of them. :laugh: Not that I do them perfect. :noway: I think my inner thighs didn't get as much attention when I did the Chris Freytag month. She does a lot of squats, lunges and leg presses. :wink:

Tami, Yay for kickboxing! I think it I had that GWF I would be having fun with it also, and probably obsessing. :wink: Right now I'm the only one sitting here at my desk, I also get up and move around. Probably not enough though. Once a day I have to get up and haul around some boxes though. That one is my additional workout some days, those boxes can get pretty heavy. :wink: DH slept downstairs last night, because he wanted me to get some sleep. I told him that it probably wouldn't have mattered last night, I slept really well. Or was it because he wasn't snoring in my ear. :noway:

Erika, WTG on the High Reps! Ab work is always a struggle, and I want to justify not doing it because I don't have enough time. :laugh: I really enjoy workouts that do exercises that incorporate the core. Guess that means I'm a bit lazy. :wink: The Pyramid workouts are really very good, have no idea why I don't pull them out more often. I like the fact that you have one to two exercises per body part (except for legs), and then you are done. Also that there are no push-ups! :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I slept in this morning and convinced to sleep in also although I stayed awake feeling guilty about missing my workout until eventually the dog came and peered into the room for me to join him outside:grumble: At least he has stopped coming to the doorway and whimpering at 4am in the morning, now he comes and peeks in and then goes to his blanket in the living room until I come out:laugh: This morning lots of energy so I headed into the garage and opened some more boxes and packed away some Wintergear into our closets, started the laundry and then today was Paul Katami Kettlebell Drills....geesh where did all of that water come from as it was rolling down my face and neck:blushing: Overall it reminded me of how effective KB workouts were and the circuit training definitely had my HR up throughout the workout:bigsmile:

Erika- The kids are very informed and my youngest told me that on Animal Jam, an interactive animal based character website for children, several members of the kids were arguing on the forum which is not allowed and she told them they were not allowed to do so and they continued. For my eldest she has been coming home with views from her classmates and some of the teens who rides the bus with her who were so informed on the issues at stake for women that their moms were unaware of so it was pretty interesting but TG its all over now:bigsmile: Hubby has a 3 day wknd and we are looking at visiting the in-laws but I forgot to book a hotel that is pet friendly so maybe we will stay home instead and do fun stuff like see the Bond movie or Lincoln:bigsmile: Enjoy your Friday!

Laurie- I have recommended a sleep study for hubby but he is stubborn and blames everything on his allergies:grumble: My youngest actually cried when she realized she would be unable to vote for the President so I had to take her after she realized she had 12 more years to go:laugh: Are you going to the movies on this long weekend?

Tami- Glad to hear that the team is starting to gel together:bigsmile: Those classes always sound so exciting, not sure if I would last an entire session but the energy is probably contagious:laugh:

Laurel- Too funny with the trainable quote:bigsmile: :bigsmile: X2 Yoga, is it shorter than the original as that was my dreaded workout:blushing:

Have a great day:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was great, it was speed training and tough, but good! :wink: This a.m. I got up a little later than normal (15-20 min) but didn’t have a complete “miss” which I was SO happy about! :bigsmile: But had to go with a shorter workout so I did Cathe’s Circuit Blast which is always good! No class at the gym tonight.

Erika: Great job with High Reps! Sounds like you are back in full swing with your workouts and your back must be doing great these days! I agree with what you were saying to Laurel about experimenting on what works as far as intensity, length, etc. and what works best ~ you are really good about doing that.:wink: I need to “try harder” at that. Which is why scheduled rotations are often better for me, forces a more balanced rotation into my routine.

Laurie: Lucky You and having today be your Friday! :drinker: WooHoo good job getting in Power Hour this a.m., I bet it felt great. Yes, the “obsessing” part is what I am trying to avoid forsure. I can easily get caught up in the numbers and when things don’t change, etc. I get a little anx and wondering what I’m not doing or should be doing differently. Which I know I’ve commented before on. Yay on having a great night’s sleep!

Michelle: I can relate to those peering eyes …. When I don’t get up at my normal time, Emma will put her nose up on the bed and nudge me, she knows I normally get up. But she’s good about laying back down if I tell her I’m not getting up just yet. Funny little creatures of habit. Sounds like a great morning and very productive! Good job on the workouts.:smile:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm sooooo sore including my inner thighs:huh: not sure if those are from squeezing those glutes and swinging during KB workout. We headed out this morning for sure but after breakfast with the girls DOMS has kicked in now in th lower body, last night I could feel the soreness from the KB shrugs and my left arm was definitely in some pain and had to be rewrapped:grumble: Hubby wants me to go to the clinic but I hate that stuff, not to mention the bill came in and although TG I'm 100% covered it's amazing to see that the pain during the extraction of 15mins cost $450.00 and then $385.00 for reinsertion...Wowzer:noway: Over $800.00 for 30 mins of work and this does not include the actual medication which was nearly $1000.00:noway:

On that note I loved the circuit and although I have my dvd out today my arm is telling me "No" although my mind is excited to hit my muscles hard again:blushing: I will be smart about this however and maybe work my Abs today instead:bigsmile:

Have a great weekend ladies:flowerforyou: I'm so excited about this 3 day weekend with the family as the girls are so hysterical at this age, and although they tempt me at times to go crazy overall the daily laughter is amazing:love: I'm also hoping to see SkyFall or Lincoln this weekend:wink:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies! So today ended my first week of Phase 3....and I love it. Yesterday I was up at 3:30am :noway: to get my workout in, and I must admit, I don't like working out at 3:30am. But P.A.P. Lower just flew by. I followed it with Cardio Supersets from the low impact series. Today I did P.A.P. Upper, and it is a sneaky tough workout! I loved it!! Then, to end my week with a bang, I did the original Body Max. It was all kinds of fun, and the upper body work just kills me in that one since it is so much about endurance. But I loved it too!!

Michelle, I'm kind of with your husband on this one if your arm is still bothering you that much. Could you have some sort of infection? It just doesn't seem like it should take this long for it to get better. But great job on the workouts! Paul Katami is so wonderful! I just love him, and wish I could work his workouts into my schedule more often. He always makes me smile. Regarding X2 Yoga, it is shorter than P90X Yoga by about 25 minutes or so. It is 66 minutes long. I was wondering if you'd seen SkyFall yet. If you see it, let us know what you think. Lincoln looks good too. I must admit, Daniel Day-Lewis has long been one of my most respected actors. He is just amazing.

Laurie, I hope you are enjoying your long weekend. How did you enjoy Power Hour? I still really enjoy that workouts and find it flies by. Yep, those pikes on the ball are a killer. I remember being SO happy the first time I mastered them, and it took me forever to do it! I kept reading all of the helpful hints on Cathe's site to figure out how to do it. That was a frustrating period of time for me. :laugh:

Tami, looks like the workouts are going well. I remember now you asked me if I was still wearing my GWF. No, I'm not. I still have it but I get too obsessed with numbers. That's why I don't weigh myself often or count calories either. It just isn't healthy for me. I love knowing what I'm doing, but when I can feel myself start pushing it, I know it is time for me to back off. Somehow I've managed to find the right balance on my own as my weight has been steady now for a few years (it is hard to believe it has been nearly four years since I joined MFP and lost all that weight) so that gives me the confidence to 'go it alone'. It is sad to say how obsessed I can get about this sometimes. :blushing:

Erika, I've had the same body response to less intense workouts....I actually get a bit leaner. That's why I'm trying to strike some kind of balance with my workouts these days. I love the intensity mentally, but my body, especially as I'm getting older, actually responds better to more variety (and an emphasis on strength training for sure). So that's one of the reasons I've been playing with my cardio a bit since this summer and trying to incorporate some shorter and/or less intense workouts instead of pushing the cardio for at least an hour a day as I used to do. It seems to be working.

I hope you all enjoy the long weekend. Happy Veteran's Day!!!

Laurel